“Great for family visit”

Ranked #43 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Great for family visit”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here with our grandson. Near everything you'd want for family visit. Room refrigerator without minibar was handy. Staff was very helpful. Hotel should provide better directions from Metro, and better street signage.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MajorNYC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Reviewed 23 March 2014

In town for a conference - Renaissance did not have availability for all of my dates and they recommended this one. The building is a remodeled old bank with marble bannisters and beautiful tray ceilings. Arrived Thursday afternoon during rush hour and our first impression was provided by the valet. He saw us pause on the street - no place to park, of course, and also no place to pull out of the way. He motioned to us to stay put and had someone move a car that I assume had just checked in so that we could move out of the travel lane. We were immediately greeted by this man and a bellman, bags quickly unloaded and brought in out of the cold. Both men were efficient, courteous and friendly. Check in was quick and easy and we were escorted to our room right away with our luggage. Room was large and comfortable and very clean. The shower enclosure is 100% glass and was absolutely spotless - I can't even get my bathroom mirrors completely spotless and that's only one side :) Location is across the street from the national portrait museum and spy musium, close to the mall, a block or so away from the FBI building and only a few blocks (short walk - felt completely safe) to the convention center where my conference was being held. Foodie paradise - lots of great places to eat within a block in any direction, from paninis and pizza to fine dining and lots in between. The cafe serves starbucks chai latte, which wins lots of points from me, and also had a good variety of quick breakfast choices. There is a gym, but looks are deceiving. What you can see from the entry is not everything there is - another room has the majority of equipment. Staff was extremely freindly and helpful, and anyone who had met us during our stay called us by name every time we saw them. Bellmen were very knowledgeable about the area and more than happy to make recommendations. Our first night there was very cold and we didn't want to drive anywhere or go outside, so we went to the restaurant that shares the building with the hotel. A beautiful glass and brass sliding door connects the entry of the hotel with a back entrance to the restaurant. It was crowded, but we found two seats at the bar right next to the connecting door and were greeted immediately. We tried samples of the day's craft beer, which was delightful. I don't really like beer much, but this was good, so we ordered two glasses. The glasses were huge and I couldn't finish quite half. My husband did a little better, but still only drank about 2/3. Real beer drinkers probably would have no problem. Food was wonderful - garlic shrimp for my hubby and bourbon salmon for me. When we were finished, we were escorted back through the beautiful siding door right back to the lobby. Each day as I left for the convention center I was greeted by the person manning the front door, and then greeted again upon my return. Check out was fast and efficient - bellman was in our room even before the car was brought around. Bellman let us know that there was a marathon that day and directed us to the interstate so we could avoid closed roads that our navigation system would not be aware of. Start to finish a wonderful stay. Next time we go to DC, this will be our temporary home.

Room Tip: If you enjoy people-watching from your window, choose a room with a street view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ibbio
Jupiter
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Conveniently located, very comfortable and excellent customer service. Small fridge in room, variety of cable TV channels available. I did not take advantage of any of the food service available. Especially like the "security" - need room key card to activate your floor on the elevator.

Room Tip: Room 703 - I would request this room again. It has 2 huge arched windows overlooking a nice view of...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Leonardtown, Maryland
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel was fantastic. From the valet service, check-in and the room. The hotel is so convenient to D.C. sights, including Verizon Center. It was easy to get to and leave the city. I would recommend this hotel.
Hotel Entrance / Lobby is fantastic. Has great architectural detail.

Room Tip: We got an "interior" room, which was facing other rooms. If I were to travel to D.C. agai...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The Courtyard is a very nice hotel. It is clean and friendly! It's valet parking only which is just an added bonus. The resturant inside serves really good food it's just super pricey, that would be my only complaint. The rooms are really nice and the beds are comfortable. All in all a wonderful place to stay in DC and it's close to attractions.

• Stayed March 2014
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in DC and could not have picked a better hotel. The check-in process was fast and easy and had a very pleasant letter waiting for me from hotel management. I'm not sure if this is done for everyone but a very nice touch and personable. The room was a great size, comfortable bed, and water pressure. The breakfast down stairs was good but we only had it one day and a bit pricey but I understood we were DC. There many other options near the hotel for breakfast. The hotel was located close to many shops restaurants and near all the landmarks. The metro was 3 blocks away from the hotel and the service was top notch! There is really nothing bad I can say about this hotel. I had great experience.

Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is best staff we've encountered. Location is superb. Value is exceptional. It was a great weekend with kids. We plan to go back as soon as possible. I would confidently reccomend this hotel to any family or friends.

• Stayed March 2014
Zaw O, Hotel Operations Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear SSBelch,

Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Washington DC; and for taking your time to write this great review about our property. It was a pleasure having you here as our guest. I am very happy to learn that our staff, location and value, all around have exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and I will look forward to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Warm regards,