“Perfect Location for Family Trip”

Courtyard Washington Convention Center
Ranked #43 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the hotel the first weekend of May. Our first impression of downtown DC was coming up out of the gallery place/chinatown metro station looking up at the Smithsonian Portrait Gallery Building. It was very impressive & even better was that the hotel was only 1/2 block from that station. We arrived just in time for cookies, lemonade, chocolates & popcorn that they serve next to the elevators.
The entire staff was courteous & very helpful. The hotel is in a beautiful old bank building and the rooms are typical and well-kept. The rooms are quiet...woke up to see the street was being resurfaced on Sat morn, complete with every imaginable street crew machine. Couldn't hear a thing in the room. My teenage girls found the pool a bit small, but still enjoyed it. The location is fabulous, with the Portrait Museum & Spy Museum at the same corner. Ford's Theater is only a block away, the National Archives are a couple of blocks & the walk to the mall is easy.
There are plenty of restaurants within a block walking distance. Didn't eat the breakfast or in the café, but they do have a Starbucks there as well. There is also a Gordon Biersch brewery opposite the lobby on the main floor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Washington Convention Center

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Fairly typical Marriot courtyard but the location is great and the staff is exceptional. The concierges are among the best we've seen. The rooms are nothing special, but were clean and quiet with the exception of the AC system. I wouldn't recommend the breakfasts in the basement cafe. Much better choices are less than a block away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed for five nights and although not luxurious, we enjoyed the room size and cleanliness, convenient location, laundry room access, and if you are a Marriott member, the concierge floor on week days offers a hot breakfast and evening appetizers, The employees were always helpful and cheerful. Especially the concierge, who was able to get us in to the holocaust museum when we were unable to get tickets online. Excellent!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Perfect for walking to the National Mall (ten minutes) and for downtown sightseeing. The National Portrait Museum is right across the street. Lots of eateries nearby, and I felt safe in the neighborhood. Don't miss the Shake Shak on the corner and try the Fair Shake coffee milk shake --perfect way to end a hot day of touring. Rooms were recently renovated, and it was very nice to see a washing machine for guests on the floor! Nice, quiet room on tenth floor. Exceptionally friendly service. Breakfast downstairs in the "basement." Only draw back was no in room safes, so check on the availability of a safe deposit box when you arrive. They are big enough to accommodate laptops. Front desk staff believe they are budgeting for in room safes for 2015.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here as my first choice hotel was sold out. I loved the location. The hotel is very convenient to a lot of sightseeing. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were small but very nice and updated. My only issue was that the toilet and shower area was hard to get into ... the door opened close to the toilet so took some work to get in and out of that area. Otherwise would have given the hotel a 5 rating,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have previously wrote a review on this location. Again, this is a great hotel. Location perfect and i received one of my the best rooms at this property in my opinion, ( ending in 15). I Called before arriving to see if it was one available. I don't think it was but somehow Kevin managed to get one for me before arriving. Thanks again Kevin. But overall you can't go wrong with this location. Great for the family or just solo for business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TheRebel90210
Zaw O, Hotel Operations Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear D M,

Thank you very much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center Washington D.C; and for taking your time to write this wonderful review about our property. We work very hard each day to deliver a memorable experiences to all of our guests; and comments like yours serve us in measuring our effectiveness.

I shared your comments with my team and recognized Kevin for job well done. Kevin asked me to extend his gratitude for your kind comments. He is very grateful for this recognition. Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Zaw.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A great hotel. Location is awesome. Quiet rooms. Location is AWESOME! Very friendly staff. I thought I had found a real gem for our DC trips. Stayed here for the Nike DC half marathon. The start line was only two blocks away which it made it very convenient but when I got back to the room after the race, I had absolutely NO hot water!!!!!! I noticed the night before when showering it was luke warm but didn't really pay attention. A freezing cold shower after running is unacceptable. So sad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca E

Dear Ms. Rebecca,

Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center Washington DC. I understand that there were many choices of Hotels in Washington D.C. and I sincerely appreciate that you chose us during your visit.

Our goals is to deliver a memorable experience to each and every one of our guests; and from the look of your feedback, we fell short of our goals in exceeding your expectations. I can assure you that I take very seriously about our guests' comments; and learn from those comments in order to improve our effectiveness in delivering such memorable experiences.

We are truly sorry about the hot water situation; and I wish you had called us immediately. Our engineer would come up immediately so you did not have to take cold shower.

I sincerely hope that you would accept our apology; and give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Warm regards,