1,193 results
All reviewsspy museumgordon bierschbank buildingshake shackgreat locationcourtyard marriotttypical courtyardwhite housewithin walking distancebreakfast downstairsnational archivespenn quarterwashington convention centerhot tubvalet parkingfew blockswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Quite a few surprising disappointments. When we arrived (at 2:30pm) I tipped the valet quite well yet 3 hours later there is my car STILL in front of the hotel, with cars & buses zooming buy. The room looked nice until I opened the draws. SEVERAL HAIRS (YUCK!) Also, 2 in shower. The room phone also had a loose connection & would disconnect calls.
Now on the good side. The bed was clean & very comfortable. 99% of the employees couldn't have been nicer. Also, it's very close to EVERYTHING!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very close to my business needs. Great food options all around including the room service option from Gordon Biersch. My first room was pretty clean and modern but after a a noise wouldn't stop in the air conditioning system, I got moved to a lesser room it was quieter but not as nice as the first. Every room is just a little different from the next. They have all the basic requirements and are generally pretty clean. I think the carpet needs to be changed all around or at least deep cleaned. My schedule didn't allow me to use the breakfast options on this trip but has been satisfactory in the past. The front desk staff was great. The laundry service did a nice job with my dry cleaning. The beds were a little hard as we're the pillows.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view and go high. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Through out my many travels I have to say that the Marriott has been like a home away from home. It is not the Ritz - but it makes up for it with the friendly and professional staff from the front counter to the house keeping staff you make you feel welcome and really care about you enjoying your stay. Great location - close to everything important - Will book again in the future. Thank you for caring!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a recent renovation of an old building in the Penn Quarter area of DC. I recently spent a week there on business. The rooms are average, given the high prices in DC, but the location is very good. There are many fine restaurants in the Penn Quarter area. The Gordon Biersch brewpub on the first floor is also a plus. I didn't know about the Marriott member acces to breakfast and appetizers in the evening, though. You can change the thermostat, but the temperature doesn't seem to change. Also, a room safe in DC would be nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We recently stayed here for two nights - myself with my husband and two children. The staff was great - even with such a short stay, the doorman knew us and we would chat on our way in and out. The hotel is in a great location - lots to walk to, and, near the metro. The building is cool - the kids liked swimming in the 'vault' - pool was a nice temp, and usually empty, which is a great thing bc the pool is small. The room itself was ok - but the doorway into the shower/toilet area was very annoying - tricky when trying to keep the door open when the kids were showering (also, our room only had a stall shower - a spacious one - but no tub). I like that as with all Courtyards these days - they have a fridge - great for keeping some cold drinks in the room. The tv was small - since we have two young children we like to watch an in room movie while at a hotel, and the tv was so small, we said forget it. Overall, the great location made it worth our while.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family