1,193 results
All reviewsspy museumgordon bierschbank buildingshake shackgreat locationcourtyard marriotttypical courtyardwhite housewithin walking distancebreakfast downstairsnational archivespenn quarterwashington convention centerhot tubvalet parkingfew blockswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our room was spacious and had everything we wanted except a small refrigerator. Wondering why so many hotels in the US don't have them. Great location, easy walking distance to the Mall and several museums. Nice staff and an extremely helpful concierge who helped with advice and a tour booking. The building was previously a bank and there is evidence of the historic past in some areas - we had a random column in the middle of the room. (no problems with it though!). There is a great bar and restaurant downstairs and a Shake Shack opposite which is convenient for late night eats!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Put on your comfortable walking shoes and get going. 2 short blocks to the subway, lots of great restaurants in walking distance, 5 short Blocks to the Police memorial and lots of fun stores. Very close to Ford's Theatre. Rooms are a standard affair, breakfast was good and a great area to relax downstairs if you have to wait for a plane,

Room Tip: The elevators work great and we were on the second highest floor and never had to wait.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VancouverCraig
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Quite a few surprising disappointments. When we arrived (at 2:30pm) I tipped the valet quite well yet 3 hours later there is my car STILL in front of the hotel, with cars & buses zooming buy. The room looked nice until I opened the draws. SEVERAL HAIRS (YUCK!) Also, 2 in shower. The room phone also had a loose connection & would disconnect calls.
Now on the good side. The bed was clean & very comfortable. 99% of the employees couldn't have been nicer. Also, it's very close to EVERYTHING!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very close to my business needs. Great food options all around including the room service option from Gordon Biersch. My first room was pretty clean and modern but after a a noise wouldn't stop in the air conditioning system, I got moved to a lesser room it was quieter but not as nice as the first. Every room is just a little different from the next. They have all the basic requirements and are generally pretty clean. I think the carpet needs to be changed all around or at least deep cleaned. My schedule didn't allow me to use the breakfast options on this trip but has been satisfactory in the past. The front desk staff was great. The laundry service did a nice job with my dry cleaning. The beds were a little hard as we're the pillows.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view and go high. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Through out my many travels I have to say that the Marriott has been like a home away from home. It is not the Ritz - but it makes up for it with the friendly and professional staff from the front counter to the house keeping staff you make you feel welcome and really care about you enjoying your stay. Great location - close to everything important - Will book again in the future. Thank you for caring!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends