1,193 results
All reviewsspy museumgordon bierschbank buildingshake shackgreat locationcourtyard marriotttypical courtyardwhite housewithin walking distancebreakfast downstairsnational archivespenn quarterwashington convention centerhot tubvalet parkingfew blockswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This Courtyard by Marriott is located in an old bank building with unique décor and architecture in the lobby and food service area. The location is perfect for exploring Washington, D.C.

Upon arrival we searched for the valet to park our car and found her inside talking (our only disappointment while here). At check-in we were greeted by Karen, who was accommodating, welcoming and friendly. We stayed in room 423 and, while small, the room was fine for our needs. It was clean, with two double beds, a refrigerator, tv, free internet and a comfortable mattress. The air conditioning did seem a little inconsistent and went from warm to cold during the night. They offered popcorn and chocolate chip cookies around 4 pm in the lobby but we didn’t partake of either. Instead we headed out to walk the streets to find a bite to eat. There are many restaurants nearby so it was no problem to find something. A small restaurant next door (Amorini Panini) was a great find for a quick breakfast with great prices. We also enjoyed a late evening meal one night in the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant across from the lobby and were grateful for the convenience of location.

At checkout we ran into Karen again with her happy smile and cheery attitude. We would definitely stay here again when we're in the area.

Room Tip: Our room faced the Verizon Center, 4th floor. Good location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 83TRAVEL
Reviewed 4 June 2014

When we arrived, we turned the car keys over to the valet and didn't see it again until we left. Everything we wanted to see and do was within blocks of this hotel. The name should really be "Courtyard by Marriott Penn Quarter"! What a great location. Every staff member we saw was friendly and full of helpful advice on restaurants and the best times to go where, anything we wanted. Our room was clean, quiet and larger than we expected for a city hotel. The bathroom was huge with plenty of towels and a double sink, just like home. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel has an ideal location for either business in downtown DC or sightseeing. I was in a business meeting until almost 4 PM, but was able to drop my things at the hotel and walk to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum and spend a couple of hours there before its summer closing time of 7:30 PM.

The rooms are clean and well designed with good internet at no extra charge. I had no problem with connectivity either in the morning or the evening. The lobby is small, but had everything I needed including a concierge to provide directions and advice.

The mattress on the bed is comfortable, but I still had trouble sleeping. The air conditioning cycles on and off, so it went from comfortable to freezing. The first night before I discovered that there was an energy saving motion-detecting system, the air went off in the middle of the night and it got too hot. The next night, I read the instructions and set it to stay on, but I still found the temperature swings were wider than was comfortable for me. I looked for an extra blanket that I could toss on and off as the temperature shifted, but there wasn't one.

Also, the top sheet was not pulled down so that it hung over the bottom of the bed (let alone was tucked in). When I laid down the first night, my toes hit the wrinkled bottom edge of the top sheet. I pulled the bed apart so that my feet would only feel smooth sheets. The next night I had to repeat the process.

Room Tip: Ask for a spare blanket so that you can better adjust your temperature in bed.
1  Thank EveSp
Reviewed 28 May 2014

While in DC we were delighted to stay here. The front desk staff couldn't do enough to accommodate us even though we arrived early. For the couple of rooms which we're ready they made every effort to have them ready as soon as possible. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the cleaning staff was terrific.

Love how convenient this hotel is to the Verizon center, few blocks to walk to the White House and most important always felt safe in this neighborhood. Maybe it's because the street behind this hotel is the FBI!

Having the option for a fantastic full breakfast every day was a nice part of our package. Oh and of course having a brew house restaurant on the first level was very nice too. A nice job was done when converting this old bank into a hotel. One down side, don't expect a big pool. It's a pool but not for much more than relaxing in. I will definitely be sure to highly consider staying here again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was surprised and delighted with the unexpected feeling of relief when staying at the Courtyard Marriott Washington Convention Center (do something about the name, please!). First, the location was perfect, right across from the Portrait Gallery and a block away from the metro. I arrived early and the staff was helpful in getting a room ready quickly. From this point on, all the staff were uncommonly friendly and professional. And the room was really nice, which is always a treat for the weary traveler. Breakfast is a bit goofy with a coffee bar plus as its offering, so while food was good, the atmosphere didn't seem to match with the rest of the hotel. This is a sure winner.