1,193 results
All reviewsspy museumgordon bierschbank buildingshake shackgreat locationcourtyard marriotttypical courtyardwhite housewithin walking distancebreakfast downstairsnational archivespenn quarterwashington convention centerhot tubvalet parkingfew blockswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel is located at a convenient location, the rooms and service was very good. Couldn't venture out of the hotel due to the snow storm, the thermostat failed but the hotel staff was very prompt in responding to the problem.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

No, thank you
I stayed there for 4 nights in early April 2014. The room was booked by my company. This is not a cheap hotel, even at corporate rate and the price posted in my room was close to $3000 !!. So you might expect some extra courtesy and at least good service. So, I’ll start with the positives before I get into the negatives. The location is great, can’t get more central. The building is an old bank, very nice. And my room was facing in the back, really not noisy except for the generators in the backyard.... Upon arrival, I had managed to slowly already drag my luggage out of the trunk before someone from the valet (which btw costs $44 a day…) came to ask me if I was checking in. The receptionist raced through the usual information at check in and “forgot” to give me some information related to my rate. Of the 3 elevators, only one was working and we waited for 10 mns before we could board, a few at a time, while a queue was building up… My luggage didn’t make it to my room until 15 mns later…. The elevators continued to be a nuisance all through the stay, we were told that they were used by cleaning ladies… The room ? For the price, I could NOT find anything that would make it any more special or any different from any of the other same-class hotels I have stayed in: two beds, a duvet that was made of plastic, small bathroom, small desk, little closet, drawers that wouldn’t close, and so few minuscule amenities I had to ask for extra shampoo … The towels are not soft, the coffee machine is a nice sophisticated one, but the hot water for the tea tastes like coffee… One day they forgot to replace the mugs and although they sent some up after I had to ask, they didn’t really apologise about it until later in the evening… When I ordered room service they asked my name and room number 3 times – no hellos, no unnecessary politeness or amability. Then they asked me to wait for a minute in the same rushed way and passed me on to someone else who asked my name and room number 3 times and then took more time to ask what the soup was… When the order arrived, the soup was cold, there was no bread nor salt/pepper, no condiments for my meal. The one morning that I tried to get breakfast at the “Bistro”, I had to come in, seat myself, was asked if I had ordered and then ignored and finally got up and realized that I had to go order at the counter and pre-pay there for a Starbucks coffee and some over-salted eggs. I never went again down in the basement to that weird, dark, place.
All in all, I would not stay here again, I wasn’t made to feel comfortable, the staff is not professional, their attitude is not attentive to clients’ needs, and one question for local information to the concierge brought out immediately a proposal for a tour with a company he knew…

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank PallasParis
Reviewed 10 June 2014

In a previous life the hotel was once a bank, and you can see the beauty of that architecture throughout the building. Check out the old bank vault door in the lower ground level, the vaulted ceilings and marble on the ground level, and all the little details that make this a truly beautiful hotel.

The rooms were fantastic, with all the amenities one could desire, and comfortable as well. The pool, though small, was fantastic with it's whirlpool and two gym areas in the downstairs portion. The location cannot be beat and was in walking distance of nearly everything that we wanted to see and do - the Smithsonians are a stone's throw away!

The staff were some of the most helpful I've met while traveling. Check in was painless and equally so was check out. They were happy to hold our luggage while we explored. The concierge pointed us in all the right directions!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JNATravels
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a cool hotel in in old bank building. We stayed in in room 817. It has great view of the art museum. Super convenient to the gallery place metro stop, less than fifty yards. Staff was super friendly and very helpful. We stayed on a weekend and got an excellent rate so I gave value the highest rating. One thing to be are of, the thermostats are on motion sensing device and go off at night unless you program it to stay on. It is a little tricky at 3 in the morning. It must be reset every 24 hours. I highly recommend this hotel unless you are used to only the utmost luxury in properties.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the art gallery up high and away from noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the many important sites in Washington. We'll be sure to stay here again.
Our room, on an upper level, was spacious and quiet. It was very clean. We slept very well. Breakfast is served in a cafe on the lower level, where one could get breakfast items a la carte. The location of this hotel could not be better. It is a short walk to the National Mall, museums, and some really fine dining options.
Only minor quip with the room is that we wished for a full height mirror. Also closet space was a bit tight. Still, I liked this hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely go for higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple