1,193 results
All reviewsspy museumgordon bierschbank buildingshake shackgreat locationcourtyard marriotttypical courtyardwhite housewithin walking distancebreakfast downstairsnational archivespenn quarterwashington convention centerhot tubvalet parkingfew blockswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I loved this hotel. It was in an outstanding location and the staff could not have been more attentive, friendly and just went above and beyond the call of duty.

We had a problem with our room but not from anything they did - we just needed a bigger room. Ahmeen and especially Mr. David King worked tirelessly to get us in a better room to suit our needs. They went above and beyond the call of duty on a week that was sold out.

Also, we had our car valet parked but had forgotten a charger in the car. The car was parked a long walk away. I asked the valet if next time he parked a car there if he could go into our car and get the charger from the from seat. Since I had a little one and it was 9pm he told me he would call my room if he found it. Within 10 minutes he was knocking on my door to deliver the charger to us. Rooms were clean. Bathroom in the King suit was nice. Only thing that was not great was the pull-out couch which seemed very old.

Besides the staff being incredible the location was also great. Only a few blocks from the mall.

Room Tip: For a family the king suit is the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Annie3kids
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed two nights during the week after the 4th of July. Fantastic service from front desk and bell hops and wonderful recommendations from concierge. They even let us keep our vehicle parked after we checked out and took a train ride for a day. If we ever go back to D.C. we will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

When I have business in D.C., this is one of my two Go-To properties. The location is exceptional. It gets me to within walking distance of everywhere I need to be. There is an endless supply of restaurants, shops, museums, attractions, metro and all just steps from the hotel. As a high-point Marriott Reward member, I also get access to their executive lounge and that's terribly convenient and appreciated. I love this Courtyard. It's very popular, too. On more than one occasion I have not been able to book here because they were already filled to capacity. I love this place. If it matters to you, not all rooms have views. Some are on the back with just views of adjacent buildings. So be sure to make your preference known if that matters.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have views. Some are on the back with just views of adjacent buildings. So be sure to make your preference known if that matters.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard July 3rd - July 5th. We don't require much. It has to be clean and functional and the staff has to be polite. I have long given up hope of good customer service. They do a great job here! After the fireworks on July 4th, they set up a small table in the elevator lobby with cookies, lemonade and cold beer! GREAT touch!

Valet - I thought it would be a hassle, but the staff made it easy.

Front desk - check-in and check-out were easy. A little long at times as they only had 2 people working.

Room - CLEAN and small. I didn't think the roll-out bed would fit, but surprisingly it did and we all could still walk around in the room. The room was clean. VERY CLEAN. Probably one of the cleanest I've seen in a while and I am one who has Clorox wipes in their carry-on. The room was well thought out. Functional, what space there is in that room, it was not wasted.

Breakfast - The ladies that were working breakfast are great! Very friendly, accommodating, excellent customer service.

Short walking distance to all the things we wanted to see. The mall was an easy walk from the hotel and we even secured a spot on the lawn to watch the fireworks. Short distance to Chinatown as well.

Overall our stay here was great! We don't usually stay on this side of downtown, but will definitely return here in the future!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My colleagues were booked in this hotel so despite a couple of not so good reviews as well as lot of very good reviews on the hotel, I reserved 5 nights.
I asked for a quiet room, not overlooking a busy street, away form the ice machine and elevator. The room they gave me was on the 8th floor. Walking out of the lift to the room was depressing, wallpaper peeling off , carpet in a bad state ( and yes there had been a flood but no none told me). The room was dark and somehow also depressing so I asked if there was something with more light. The manager, Louise, was really amazing and as she was new to this particular hotel wo looked at the available rooms together and found one that seemed better.
What I did not know was that it backed onto the service elevator ( which was used by guests as one of the main ones did not see, to be working) so rumbled every 10 minutes like train was coming - and the AC was not only noisy but because of where it was near the bed, the bed shook when it came on.
Although the bed was comfortable enough - very odd in the way it is made with a sheet, a duvet with no cover and another top sheet- don't they have duvet covers like the other hotels?
The rooms have nice coffee machines and a real cup ( not plastic, so a plus) and the internet was free and good.
But I am afraid that I checked out after a sleepless night ( jet lag + the noise of the AC and elevator) despite the wonderful staff , who were friendly, accommodating and gracious.
The hotel is very central and convenient, so if you are not a light sleeper - it is a good choice - but if you are a light sleeper, find some where else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business