“Great hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
Ranked #57 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Great hotel and location! Everything you can expect from Hilton! Near subway station and most attractions!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,071)

Reviewed 31 March 2011

This was the third time I spent at here. Always really nice and they have a good breakfast and free internet. I stayed for 4 night and cannot complain about anything. Just the prices had increased a lot but thats normal when it is a big meeting in town.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Great location across from the metro station. Staff was friendly and helpful. Made sure we had a nice room with a view. I asked for a quiet room and I got one. The room was spacious and very quiet. Nice comfortable beds and chairs with microwave and minifridge. The rooms were very clean and I like that you had to use your room card to use the elevator. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank modine100
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This was our first visit to DC and after researching hotels we decided on the Hilton Garden Inn due to the location, price, and the reviews. We flew into Baltimore and then took the Amtrak to Union Station where we hopped on the Metro to McPherson Square. When you exit the Metro on the 14th Street side you are right across from the hotel. Our first encounter was with the front desk staff who were extremely friendly, helpful and called us by name throughout our stay. Our room was large and comfortable and the bed was equipped with an adjustable air mattress. Our room rate included the breakfast buffet which we really enjoyed every morning before we spent the day sightseeing. The wait staff was always friendly and attentive. We were within walking distance to the White House and only a short trip on the Metro to the National Mall and other attractions. Restaurants around the area are few, but the Five Guys Burger place across the street has great burgers. Over all this Hotel and the staff made our visit to DC a very special trip and would highly recommend it to fellow travelers.

2  Thank mpwatson
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We stayed here on business for 5 nights. The hotel is in a very convenient location to the McPherson Square Metro Station. Our room faced the loading docks, but the room was very quiet. Our corporate rate was $279/night. Parking was $35/night. With the DC city hotel taxes of $45/night, parking taxes on top of the parking fee, it was a pricey stay to say the least, nearly $400/night for something a little above mediocre. Front desk personnel and bell men were quite helpful. We didn't like the huge crowd standing in front of the hotel on Sunday morning, obviously many people checking out at one time waiting for their cars. You couldn't get in or out of the hotel easily. In fact, I watched a street person come from behind a woman to hit her on the back to get her to move out of the way. That was a scene. There was coffee in the lobby in the morning and cookies later in the evening for the guests which was nice The TV remote didn't work in our room, but we didn't ask for it to be fixed since we didn't spend much time in the room to watch TV. Don't you think that should be something that should be checked routinely by the cleaning staff at a hotel like a Hilton? The lighting for reading was rather poor if you wanted to read in bed. Bathrooms were clean and the hotel seems to be well-kept. Bottom line: too mch money with other options available.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ShenandoahBabe
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stayed here while visiting family in DC. It is a great location right across the street from the metro. Very easy metro ride from Reagan Airport. The location makes for an easy walk to the White House, mall, Chinatown etc. There are lots of great restaurants nearby, just a super place to stay. The room was comfortable, has a refrigerator and microwave which are nice. The bed was good to sleep. But listen if you are in DC and hanging out in your room you are crazy. I would stay here again.

1  Thank Traveler CT
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I must say that I have stayed in many hotels both for leisure and on business and I cannot remember where I have received better service than what I have received at the hilton garden inn.
From the minute I walked in I felt like I was at home, from the front desk staff, Eddie is amazing by the way, to the housekeepers, you might say why the housekeepers?, well with all my travels I have never been anywhere else where the housekeeping staff actually greats you in the hallway, they even asked how my stay was.
The service continued into the lounge where I was made a great drink by jojo and she made you feel welcomed and had some great suggestions. And than I must say that even the manager who was there the whole weekend ( I don't think he even went home) , George Hummel was a bundle of knowledge.
Gave me great suggestions on what to do, where to go, and when we saw him the next day or later that evening he remembered and asked how it was, no matter what he was doing he had a great smile on his face and genuinely loves what he does.
There are several hotels I could of chosen to spend the week at but I must say after recording such great service from everyone at The Hilton Garden Inn you have a forever guest. Everyone at the hotel makes you feel welcomed, genuinely cares about you and your experience and you will not find any other hotel that can provide a better atmosphere, better staff, and better customer service than at the Hilon Garden Inn.
Great job staff, you guys made my trip.