Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
US$191
US$500
US$392
  • Room Service
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$503
US$278
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$309
US$262
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$320
Official Website
US$463
US$384
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$254
3,116 results
All reviewswhite housegrist millgreat locationmetro stationdirectly across the streetwithin walking distancefew blocksnational mallstreet noiseblue linewould stay here againbreakfast buffetindoor poolhotel restaurantsmithsonian museumssight seeingfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The location of this hotel is convenient for tourists and the rooms are comfortable and clean as one would expect in a Hilton chain facility. What makes this one stand out was the warm and fully engaged service. We have been in plenty chain hotels where the staff was dryly, but everyone we encountered here seemed to enjoy their jobs and to sincerely want to give guests a good experience. A standout in this regard was an assistant manager named "Brian" who we first encountered when he overheard us ask the desk about taxis. He smiled broadly and took us outside, got out in the street, and had a taxi for us in seconds. We ran into him several other times during our 3 day stay and invariably he was warm and eager to help. He and the other staff members make this hotel memorable and we will stay again when we return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
HGIDC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you for the review. We're glad we were able to provide a clean and comfortable hotel, and I'm pleased to hear our staff helped make your stay all the better. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Business trip. Fairly functional, average hotel. The refrigerator in my room was faulty and made a loud noise every hour or so which made sleeping impossible. The restaurant food is very poor quality and expensive for what you get. The location is very close to the White House, but the downside of the location is that there are very few food outlets or restaurants in the area open in the evening and the street is very noisy. The hotel attracts a lot of families with young kids. I will stay elsewhere on my next DC trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take feedback like yours very serioiusly and will work to improve upon areas noted. Thank you once again for the review.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We had a family reunion and stayed here. The hotel staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. The rooms were what I was hoping for, with a coffee maker, microwave, and mini frig that are usable. The bed was comfortable, too. Loved the location. It's an easy walk to the metro. As well as some eateries close by (mostly geared for weekday business), there is a grocery store a few doors down and a drugstore across the street. It was so convenient. I felt safe no matter what time I was out and about, from 7am to midnight. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel, so I can't really judge that.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 11th floor with a kingbed, it was very comfortable and I did not notice any noise that impacted my stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My spouse and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Franklin Square for 3 nights over the Memorial Day weekend in May 2012. We thought that this hotel was well located for sightseeing in DC, positioned on 14th Street between H and I Streets. This is a typical Hilton Garden Inn - the rooms contain a mini-refrigerator and microwave positioned on/in sort of a bar area (but it has no bar sink nor does it contain any glasses, plates, or silverware). Our room was a fine size, containing a king bed and a chair/ottoman; however, I think the same size rooms could also contain two double beds, which might be a bit tight (to compensate, perhaps they don’t include the chair/ottoman). Furnishings were modern and up-to-date (for example, duvets and bed scarves, flat-screen TVs). An iron/ironing board and hair dryer were provided, along with basic toiletries. (No robes or slippers though, which wasn’t surprising because it isn’t a full-service Hilton.) The hotel was fully booked on the weekend that we visited, so we didn’t receive an upgrade to a suite as we usually do because we are Platinum HHonors members. The lobby is very attractive, with a bar, restaurant, and lounge area. In the morning, coffee was provided in the lounge area, and in the evening, cookies and fruit were provided (and they did a great job on replenishing items). Water flavored with citrus was available during the day. Because it was so hot on the weekend that we visited, the hotel even set out a large cooler filled with bottled water so that guests could take a bottle with them before they began their sightseeing for the day. It rained one evening during our stay, and they set out small towels in the lobby so that you could dry off a bit if you were caught in the storm. This hotel provided lots of little touches that were unexpected yet much appreciated. The hotel has a pantry area near the main desk where you can buy snacks and drinks (including beer) to enjoy in your room. The hotel has a pool, gym, and bar/restaurant. Parking is about $35 per night; however, there are a very limited number of free spaces on the surrounding streets if you monitor your time carefully. I think that you could park overnight (and continuously) on weekends for free, as long as your car was moved by 8:00 or 9:00 am on the following weekday morning. There is a blue-line Metro stop (Franklin Square) directly across the street from the hotel, which we used to travel easily to Arlington National Cemetery. We found that for accessing the Mall sights, it was easier just to walk the 3+ blocks. There are lots of shops and restaurants nearby, including a CVS pharmacy and package stores that sell wine and beer. The staff was really friendly and helpful, particularly the valets/doormen/bellmen. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fluffnfold
HGIDC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are working hard to try to anticipate your needs with the bottled water and towels in the lobby. Thank you again and we hope to see you sometime in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This hotel was selected for me by the organizer of an event I was attending. My expectations were low. However, the location is fantastic and the room I had was quite large. Unfortunately, the mattress seemed to be foam, which I found uncomfortable. I also did not like the texture on the duvet. The lighting in the bathroom was awkward. I could not maintain an internet connection in my room. Finally, there was loud construction in the lobby, which were not notified of in advance.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PAG224

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our king bed mattresses have an adjustable comfort setting that may help provide a better nights' sleep. Thank you once again. We hope to see you again.