Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
Ranked #59 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Room was sparkling, bed was very comfortable, free breakfast was delicious & parking was included with weekend getaway rates. Metro station across the street and within walking distance to White House and numerous memorials. Friendly & efficient staff also.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Thank Andrew W. S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,053)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

While I stayed I ended up being rather sick and the staff were amazing. The room was really comfortable and in an amazing location in only a 5 minute walk to the White House. The restaurant is definitely worth a try as the food was lovely. The use of the washing machine was even highly appreciated as this was the mid way mark of a 5 week trip and clean clothes was something I was lacking by this point.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Erica K
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Clean, decent, small room, minuscule bathroom located a block from the White House and National Mall. Nice touches, like lemon water, tea, coffee and cookies in the lobby during the afternoon. I used my Hilton Honors points to spend the night, but $300 would have been excessive for this average hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a modern high quality hotel located in a quiet location within the business district close by to major tourist attractions and the White House only a few minutes’ walk away its difficult to beat, just bring your walking shoes. During the week it’s a busy location but at weekends it’s all change, reasonably priced, quiet and safe making it a good option for seeing the sites. There are also several bar’s and restaurants located close by along with the subway. Large modern clean rooms with newly refurbished decor, very quiet, free Wi-Fi and the 3 levels of comfort on the adjustable beds! all good for a city break. We stayed for 4 nights over the weekend and this is my 3rd stay with Hilton Garden Inn it always seems too impressive with very helpful polite staff and good breakfasts. For the price, location, quality of sleep and level of service it’s a good option, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DES32
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was very pleased with my one night, weeknight stay, I generally ask for a room away from the elevators to avoid the noise, but even though I was right off the elevators, and vending, it was quiet enough for work and sleep. My colleagues did not fare so well. While my room faced the street they were facing the alley and listened to garbage trucks through the night. The breakfast is nice; but the fitness center is a little small.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My mother, sister and I just spent a week at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown DC. We had a great experience there. It is a 3-star hotel. The price seemed right for 3 of us in one room. The Hilton is in the heart of the city, a few blocks from the White House. The location is the best thing going for this place. It's right across the street from the Metro station, which we mastered right away. We could go a hop, skip and jump and find several eateries that were the equivalent of Panera Bread or Atlantic Bread Company and eat for $10. It seemed to be close to everything. We could walk to some of the hop-on, hop-off bus stops. We were on two bus tours that took us right by our hotel in the end. We asked the drivers if they would let us off so we didn't have to hire a taxi from Union Station. They both let us off. There were a few homeless people around. The place was packed every day and night, mainly with business people and vets, since we were there for Veteran's Day. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. No complaints there. They had fresh coffee in the lobby. I have never been able to figure out those expensive Keuger one-cup German coffee makers that hotels are putting in rooms now. They had ice water and cookies/biscuits in the afternoon. They had a security system in place. The elevator would not go to any floor without us sliding our room card through a card reader, much like a credit card reader. We liked that. The restaurant was a little overpriced, we thought, and wine was $9 a glass. Totally ridiculous. We did get a lot of free vouchers for their breakfast buffet, which was really good. It would have been nice to have had access to a hot tub at night since our legs were killing us from all the walking. Before we booked the rooms, we read that there was a lot of noise outside. It is true. The traffic and sirens were horrendous, but I didn't hear anything until early in the morning when we were about to get up anyway. The traffic is like LA traffic. When I got back to Colorado, Denver traffic seemed to be going at a snail's pace. My husband came to Wash DC for part of the week. I then moved up to Floor 7 to be with him. We didn't hear any noise at all. Maybe being 2 floors further up helped the situation. Anyway, we weren't there to sleep anyway. We had too much to see and do. We liked being in the center of it all. I'm happy we picked the place. We hated to leave. November is a great time to go. The crowds are way down. The trees still had leaves, although it was a bit past peak. Still pretty. We had mostly warm, sunny weather, requiring only a sweater. On the 2 cold days, we visited museums. We don't like hot, humid weather or crowds. I'm glad we visited this month.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 55Merry
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel is well-maintained, in a nice location within decent walking distance of several of the DC sights. The staff is helpful, the restaurant good; in all, a convenient, enjoyable experience for a business trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business