“Nice Hotel near white house”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
Ranked #58 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 18 December 2013

It is in an excellent location. Very close to White House and many other attractions. There is a food court nearby and a super market. Room itself is clean and very good. The room is very comfortable. In the room they have provided microwave oven, mini fridge and coffee making facilities. Washington memorial is bit far from this hotel, most of the other attractions are with in walk-able distance. Dulles Airport shuttle takes about an hour to reach this hotel and costs 35$.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Singapore_Scott

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I chose the Garden Inn because of its proximity to a meeting I needed to attend and was pleasantly surprised to find it so well situated within the DC area. It was easy to walk to restaurants and interesting areas. The room was large and clean comfortably appointed. Included in the room were a coffee maker (these seem to be disappearing from some hotels) and a refrigerator). There were several channels on the tv. The breakfast in the lobby was fine, a bowl of oatmeal, fruit and coffee was only $6. Bargain! The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 915 is in a corner with no neighbors, only a closet next door. Very quiet (except the morning garba...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We chose the Hilton Garden Inn for it's location - there is so much within walking distance, but we did metro a lot because it was November and quite cold. Which was also perfect with McPherson Station literally right across the street.

I had requested a high floor, away from the elevator... we were put on the 4th floor, sharing a wall with not only the ice and pop machines, but the elevators. We decided to stay put and it really wasn't so bad. We were in the back of the hotel so while we did escape the street noise, I was woken up by the garbage trucks in the alley in the early morning.

Every staff member we encountered was nice and accommodating, from housekeeping to the maintenance man who came up one night to fix our TV. All in all, it was a really nice stay, and I know we'd come back on our next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have less street noise, but watch out for the garbage truck pickups!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephk0430
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Staff is very helpful, coin-op laundry convenient and close to downtown amenities. Housekeeping staff took good care of me, adding coffee to the room when they saw I used it. I enjoyed watching my favorite football teams with other guests in the bar. When the business center scanner was out of commission, the front desk staff helped produce a document I needed on their own equipment.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The Hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly. The only thing that I would comment on is how early the hotel lounge closes each night. Everything else was great. Rooms were nice and clean. The restaurant had very nice food.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigu76
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was the nicest hotel I've stayed at. The room was sublime for the price especially following a trip to New York City. It was large and very nicely appointed with a fantastic adjustable bed. The location was also excellent being only a few blocks from the White House and directly across the road from a subway for easy access to the Smithsonian and all the other great Washington attractions. Apart from one snooty man at the desk this was the best hotel of my recent round the world trip. I'd stay there again without question.

Room Tip: Others have complained about street noise so I had one at the back with no view. There was a little...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TokyoGeoff
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The hotel staff was prompt, professional, and courteous. Mr Eddie Bullneo was extremely helpful and courteous during my stay. My flight was delayed, canceled, and then rescheduled for late the next day because of weather conditions. Mr Bullneo agreed to let me stay in my room later the next day after I booked for a second night because I had no where else to go before my flight. I really appreciated his courtesy, empathy, and professionalism.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple