“All Needs Met”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
Ranked #58 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Staff friendly and helpful Always greeted Room was clean and fresh Convenient location Quality of food was good Check out and check in quick and easy Value in comparison to other city locations Security of vehicle was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in this great hotel on business and personal trips. It is a short walk to the White House and many other attractions. Only a few blocks from the old Ebbitt grill which is a great place to eat with local atmosphere. The hotel has a fantastic happy hour in a great setting with very low prices on appetizers and drinks around the fireplace and nice Lounge area. You really can't find a better value for your money in this great location.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank shreveporttraveler
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great hotel with a friendly staff. Called me by name after the first day. Location is excellent. Food is good. Rooms are clean and ample. The hotel has a garage but you do not need a car as the metro station is across the street.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Thank Jo R. C
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Loved this hotel! It's in the perfect location - walking distance to the White House, across the street from a metro station (McPherson), near other metro stations, walking distance of lots of restaurants and shops, and more. There's a restaurant and bar in the hotel that is a little pricey but decent. There is a 24 hour pantry where you can buy water bottles (the vending machines don't have water, at least the ones on my floor didn't). My one negative of this hotel is that at the other 2 Hilton hotels I've stayed at this year (Hilton Garden Inn Times Square and Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall) I've been given 2 free water bottles everyday, and at the NYC one I even got a free cupcake upon arrival. At this DC Hilton Garden Inn, there was no free water. The rooms were a decent size, shower fine (although water pressure wasn't what I'm used to at home), the view was decent, and the rooms were clean. The AC worked (a plus in a DC summer) and the staff was very nice. I would definitely stay here again and I had a very enjoyable 6 nights here (7/17-7/23/14). Thanks Hilton Garden Inn for a great experience!

Room Tip: My room was facing 14th St. away from the elevator on the 8th floor (non-smoking as well). It was gr...
1  Thank Mad4oboe
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn. Rooms are very spacious and clean. The staff are very helpful with a nice sense of humour. Within walking distance to quite a few of the attractions plus a subway directly across the road. I highly recommend this place and would definitely stay here again if I was to visit Washington.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor facing the street and it is very quiet of a night time.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We picked this hotel because it was across the street from a Metro and had a weekend package that included parking and breakfast. On all those accounts, it met our needs.

The customer service though, was above and beyond. I appreciated the staff anticipating and meeting our needs before we asked. The front desk supervisor did a great job, and the breakfast hosts were very welcoming.

We would definitely stay at this property should we return to downtown DC.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business. The hotel was busy as there was a Microsoft conference in town but this team handled it all perfectly.

Really friendly staff, doormen and porters hustle to help you with bags, doors and taxis. Front desk team really nice and helpful with directions, maps etc. It's a couple blocks from the famous Willard Hotel and then a few more to the White House. Very centrally located. My room was on the street side and while they did provide me with in room amenity of ear plugs, I never needed them as I had the air conditioning on and it created a bit of "White noise". Some others suggest the backside of the hotel so you won't have noise. My room was perfect and after a hot day of travel I was thrilled to crawl into the king bed with immaculate white sheets and soft duvet cover with lots of pillows. Bathroom was squeaky clean and all amenities were in place. I was close to the elevator but did not hear any noise.

I ate dinner here both nights. Food was tasty and the service was top notch--nice little bar too. The servers on both nights were very accommodating, sharing with me the specials and being totally on their game in terms of anticipating my needs for food and beverage. Very nice team. When I am in DC on business again, I will definitely make this my first choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business