“Great stay”

Ranked #57 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Tonawanda, New York
“Great stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My grandson and I stayed here for 4 nights. Room was clean and comfortable. It had a mini fridge, microwave and Keurig with coffee and tea pods. While they leave ear plugs to drown out the noise, I did not find that I needed them and I am a light sleeper. A/C worked well and was not obnoxious like often times it is. The only noise that woke me was one that the ear plugs wouldn't have helped. We ate in the dining area for their breakfast buffet. It was delicious with a large variety and extremely reasonable. Hotel staff was pleasant and very helpful. Parking was expensive, but as I looked around it was pretty much the average rate for a hotel in DC. When you want your car it is accessible within 15 minutes. The hotel is conveniently located right across the street from the Metro station. The hotel pool was okay, water was not very warm. Another great thing is when you walk in the foyer they have delicious cookies, apples, coffee, tea and fresh water infused with fruit. Very welcoming after a long day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: I think the room I had was quieter because it faced a small alleyway. There was no view, but I think...
2 Thank lassie1212

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed in several places in the DC area, and if you want a place to sleep with comfort, clean and silent. This is your place. Did not use any hotel amenities and I even don't know if it is worth it. The idea here is to have a central place to go all around by foot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GuilhermeML
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stay here often for business and its great. Great service and new and very clean rooms. It is a bit off the beaten path for restaurants and historic sites but still within walking distance. It is a great find and I'd stay there with my family when and as needed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelNo1Fan
Washington, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and totally accommodating through our stay from check-in to transportation for our group. We were in a group of 10 and did not book a block of rooms together but the staff did a great job in getting our rooms close. The rooms décor is updated and they were very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight to avoid having to drive home late at night after a friends party. Initially I chose it because it was close to metro but we later chose not to utilize metro at all, though next time we would.

Staff was friendly, even when we ended up parking our own car in the valet only garage--which I don't recommend doing. It was totally accidental on our part. We didn't know and garage said for guests only. Even though I'm sure they were annoyed with us they didn't let it show.
We got a king room which I felt was reasonably priced. Room was great. Clean. Great bed and shower. Can't comment on pillows as I bring my own. Only complaint is there wasn't a fan in bathroom. I opened the door a crack both times I took a hot shower and both times the smoke detector went off which is located right above the bath door. It looked like someone tried to remove the outer case of the detector before our arrival so I'm assuming this has happened to others as well.

Their restaurant has surprisingly good food. Crab cakes with no filler. Flatbread pizza app was yummy as was calamari. Can't comment much on drinks. Hubby had wine and I had a mixed drink that wasn't great but not by their fault. I chose the rail special and there's def a difference in rail vodka Vs grey goose.

Very convenient to downtown sites . We walked to White House, monument and holocaust museum. Spent $98 on double decker bus which was ok but not great. Only did one loop as we had time constraints but slot of that time on bus was sitting in traffic. But it's a good way to get around if you want to see everything. There's a few stops close to hotel. We would def utilize again if we stayed more than one day.

Parking was about $43 I think. I think next time we would take metro in. Valet hailed a cab for us to get to our party. Was abt $10 from hotel to get to Columbia heights.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah9540
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Good concierge, reception, room cleaning. Quality 3 stars OK. But breakfast is not adaequate and breakfast service by some women (best service by to men garson). We were there for 8 days. Very good located at McPherson Square Metro.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden. Staff was very kind--especially the Concierge. We were within walking distance to most of the sites in DC. This hotel only has King size and Double beds. As we were 4 people we needed 2 beds. Double beds are small for 2 adults and they were very uncomfortable. We ate breakfast and dinner at the Grist Mill. The food was good and reasonably priced. We would highly recommend the Hilton Gardens.

1 Thank MacMore