“Best customer service, friendliest staff, great location a+ great job”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
Ranked #56 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I must say that I have stayed in many hotels both for leisure and on business and I cannot remember where I have received better service than what I have received at the hilton garden inn.
From the minute I walked in I felt like I was at home, from the front desk staff, Eddie is amazing by the way, to the housekeepers, you might say why the housekeepers?, well with all my travels I have never been anywhere else where the housekeeping staff actually greats you in the hallway, they even asked how my stay was.
The service continued into the lounge where I was made a great drink by jojo and she made you feel welcomed and had some great suggestions. And than I must say that even the manager who was there the whole weekend ( I don't think he even went home) , George Hummel was a bundle of knowledge.
Gave me great suggestions on what to do, where to go, and when we saw him the next day or later that evening he remembered and asked how it was, no matter what he was doing he had a great smile on his face and genuinely loves what he does.
There are several hotels I could of chosen to spend the week at but I must say after recording such great service from everyone at The Hilton Garden Inn you have a forever guest. Everyone at the hotel makes you feel welcomed, genuinely cares about you and your experience and you will not find any other hotel that can provide a better atmosphere, better staff, and better customer service than at the Hilon Garden Inn.
Great job staff, you guys made my trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,049)

Reviewed 24 February 2011

Yes, the parking fees seem excessive, given that the room rates are themselves sizeable.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Hilton Garden Inn was the perfect place to stay when visiting DC. We were able to see all the sight and they were in walking distance. Resturants and attractions are near by. the staff was very nice but they need to be a little more informative on local tips. The breakfest area is very nice and the food is good. I would go back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Great location and very pleasant 3-day stay. They allowed me to check in at noon but hadn't any smoking rooms available. My 6th floor room facing 14th street was very clean, comfortable, quiet and smoke-free. The next day they said to gather my things in the room so they could move me to a 14th floor smoking room while I was out touring.

I returned to the new room later that day to find my suitcase placed neatly on the rack and my water and pop stowed in the fridge - which was thoughtful. This was a much bigger room, but had an air shaft view - an agreeable compromise for me. Again, very clean. Comfortable furnishings. Good dial-adjust bed. Shower pressure so-so, but plenty hot. Free fast wi-fi. Ample business center. Ability to send laptop/mobile device docs to printer in business center - though I didn't use it. In-room safe would have been a welcome addition. Felt secure- elevators required a key card. Bellman held my bags in lobby for a late flight out, no charge (+gratuity).

Location is outstanding. Directly across the street from Metro station. Starbucks 1 blk in either direction, though they have abbreviated business district hours. Free decent morning coffee in hotel lobby - with to-go cups/lids. Walk 2 blks to White House, about 6 blks to Washington Monument/National Mall. Good restaurants nearby: Old Ebbitt Grille (2 blks), McCormick & Schmick (3 blks). Easy to get a cab at any hour. Safe area, but a ghost town at night & weekends. Some homeless around, but not aggressive.

Super value at $99/night winter rate. This helped make my mini-vacation dirt cheap as all the museums and government buildings in DC are free. Thanks to all you generous taxpayers - you have impeccable style and taste!!! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank DavidT
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We're local but we had a work holiday party nearby so we used that as an excuse to spend the night in the city. The location was ideal for us. We took the Metro in and the hotel is located *right* outside the Metro street entrance. McPherson Square station is actually closer to the hotel than it appears on the map. All we had to do was cross the street. The lobby was small and nice. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room had no view to speak of. We ate a small meal at the hotel restaurant before our party. We expected a typical overpriced hotel caliber meal but we split a Chicken Club sandwich as it was pretty big. At $12 it was worth the money. There are other smaller restaurants and a CVS all within walking distance. Our room was $95 and we considered this a bargain due to the location and the condition of the room and hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank acadiafan
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Concierge was not too friendly though he did provide the necessary information as written in his manual. Other staff was nice and friendly, specially the car parking valet and the maid for the room. Took time to figure out the room heating and the service guy was warm and friendly and helped me figure it out very well. Would stay again for the central location and good value for money for the rooms per night. Valet parking is expensive though as compared to other hotels nearby and I was charged $16 for the third day since I picked the car after 2 pm, they should not charge hotel guests atleast for the day they check out or atleast until evening of the day.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We got a very good rate including American breakfast well served in real china, there is an island for eggs made to order and also for Belgium Waffles.They had the best cooked bacon I ever tasted in a hotel.
Location was the main asset for us regarding this hotel, a few blocks from the White House it has the advantage of being across the street from McPhearson's Metro Station. We bought a Senior pass for $10
and it covered almost all our ground transportation including going to Reagan Airport.
The room was nice, facing 14 th street which was quiet, the only thing I did not like was the heating which made some noise. It was not unbearable but it could have been less noisy.
Front desk was polite, There is a business center, well provided with 4 computers and 2
printers and stationery , you can also print from your own room. Wifi is free and good.
The room had a very comfortable desk chair, excellent design and quality, a small fridge, micro and coffee machine. Sheets and beding was fine.
Next to the front desk there is a Pantry where you can get basic elements like ice-cream, soups to be heated in the micro, a fresh salad, etc
In two words it was great money wise and it was a very nice place to stay, because it was Winter the easy access to the Metro was a plus.
We found out that it was best to make the reservation directly in the Hotel website and keep on looking for a better rate till one week before. It did worked because the better rate came up a week before, so we changed the reservation.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple