I booked this hotel and got a lot of feedback that it was "in the ghetto..." I went in cautious. For us the location of this hotel was great and served its purpose for the price. It was safe feeling; directly behind the police station, a 10 minute ride into all the sight seeing things you go to DC to do and a shuttle that will take you there if you do not have a car.... I was also told there was nowhere to eat if I wanted food latenight. Not true!
It was a smooth check in, very polite, cheerful front desk staff who made recommendations when we were looking for some place to eat. I will be reviewing that place next! (hidden gem! Capitol Grill) I cannot remember the lady's name behind the counter but she was awesome! Everyone was so helpful. When I booked the hotel I reserved a King Suite. I got a 2 queen bed (which was fine until we could not sleep because we were not used to such a smaller bed) we told the front desk this when we went down for breakfast and it was resolved literally while we ate...6AM new King size bed suite!
This hotel was very clean, I typically stay at more upscale hotels and really can't complain about -a thing.
We took a night time tour recommended by a friend (Big-Bus) that left Union Station at 7PM. We asked the same cheery front desk clerk if we could catch a ride to Union Station and told her the tour wouldn't be over till around 1030 (we knew the shuttle stopped at 8) she said "no problem, just call me!" We did around 11PM and while any other hotel would have told us to take a cab, she instead sent the security guard to pick us up free of charge. Of course we tipped him. He was a delight.
All in all the Holiday Inn Express DC was easy to find, had free breakfast / dinner, free shuttle to and from all the attractions, VERY clean (that is a lot coming from me) and very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to DC that does not mind a 10 minute ride into "town." There is a Taco Bell / KFC across the street as well as a 24 hour Dunkin Donuts / Baskin Robbins and a Checkers. If you are hungry, there is no problem! There was also food and even beer in the lobby! Free wi-fi, gym and pool.
Off hotel subject- I was warned about driving and parking in DC and we had NO issues what so ever. Traffic is nothing compared to Boston traffic and parking was always found and cheap (meter style) If you do go to DC I highly recommend taking the Big Bus tour at night (less traffic, less people, make sure you get "Ben talks-a lot" as your guide. He was a sweetie and very knowledgeable. Download the "Trip Advisor City Guide" (it lets you save everywhere you want to go and if you have an iPHONE maps it out for you with GPS)
We will be back!
Thank you Holiday Inn Washington DC Express Northwest for your excellent customer service and cleanliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Northeast Washington is near many top attractions. Visitors enjoy a full American breakfast buffet included in the rate, on site parking at a reasonable cost. Union Station and Metro are within 2 miles, giving travelers easy access to our hotel. Our complimentary shuttle will take you at pre-set times to Union Station, from there you can see all the major attractions, museums and get to your meeting quickly too. Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA)is less than 10 miles away. Visitors can immerse themselves in history while visiting the 19 museums of the Smithsonian Institute or popular, downtown Washington, DC memorials. In addition, our 900 square feet of meeting space and a 24-hour business center can help you host a conference during your stay. Our hotel rooms overlooking DC offer entertainment for the whole family with free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access in every room. Unwind anytime in the 24-hour fitness center, indoor heated pool or whirlpool. For a complimentary hot breakfast and a convenient stay, choose this Washington, DC hotel. The close proximity of our Washington, DC hotel to the US Capitol, local businesses and government offices makes the commute easy for business travelers. You'll find the Washington Times, the FBI and both Georgetown and George Washington universities within just five miles of our hotel in Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Washington Dc-Northeast
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn