Avenue Suites Georgetown
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$550
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$416
US$371
US$347
US$321
  • Pool
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$286
US$382
US$332
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$402
US$378
  • Room Service
US$455
US$378
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$349
US$289
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$498
US$413
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$449
US$361
Travelocity
1,674 results
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetfull kitchenliving roomfoggy bottom metrotrader joe swhite houseminute walkseparate kitchendining tablewhole foodspull out couchfront desk stafftwo queen bedshome away from homelocation is greatlincoln memorialwalking distance
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed 4 days with my 2 kids (9 and 11) to tour the museums and monuments. The hotel is very central, close to metro. The restaurants in Georgetown provide plenty of choices to eat. There is a fantastic supermarket Traders Joe just accross the street.
The hotel and rooms are very nice, modern and clean. The staff is super friendly. We liked the athmospare of this smaller hotel and the walking distance to the Georgetown area (shops, waterfront, cinemas and restaurants) The kids say it is "The Best" hotel and we travel a lot.
If you like real Italien Pizza, try to eat at Il Canale at 31st Street. The pizza is fantastic.
We would certainly be back and stay here again.

1  Thank Andrea B
OpsMgrWas, Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Greetings, and thank you for your great review on the Avenue Suites! I’m glad to hear that our hotel was able to accommodate you and your family during your visit to DC. The location is perfect for checking out the restaurants and shops of Georgetown, as well as the typical DC attractions such as the Smithsonian museums and the National Mall! The Trader Joe’s across the street is very handy for families like yours, especially during longer stays. Thank you for your recommendation for Il Canale, I have heard great things about that restaurant so I’ll be sure to check it out! Thanks again, and we hope to see you on your next visit to DC.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

My family stayed for one week and we loved it. The rooms were nicely decorated and updated. We had a queen suite, which has a separate bedroom and living room. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The location is between foggy bottom and Georgetown. We could easily get a taxi to get around. The metro was about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants and a Trader Joe's across the street.
I was disappointed that the hotel doesn't have a pool. We also tried the breakfast one morning as it was closing, I think it was 9:30, which is rather early.
Overall, a great stay, helpful staff and lovely rooms!

1  Thank Marina2005

Greetings! Thank you for your review on the Avenue Suites. Our rooms were recently renovated, so I’m glad that you enjoyed the new décor. The hotel’s location is ideal for both the Metro and catching a taxi out on Pennsylvania Avenue. With Georgetown a five minute walk away and a Trader Joe’s across the street, you can never go hungry! Our hotel unfortunately does not have a pool, but our front desk staff is more than happy to provide you with information on pools within walking distance of the hotel upon request. Thanks again for your great review, and we’d love to see you again sometime!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

For our family of six, I reserved two King Suites adjoining or close to each other since my kids are young. When we got there, the front desk manager said that they were low on King suites and upgraded us to two Queen Suites. The Queen suites were across from each other at the end of the hallway. There was a door to the outer hallway that could be closed off. I felt very safe with the kids going between rooms. It was very kind of him to go out of his way to help us.

The rooms are very large with a separate living room, bedroom, and kitchen. The bedroom and living room have been nicely renovated. The kitchen is still older, but very functional. Great Keurig coffee maker in kitchen. There is a Trader Joe’s right across the street. So, we were able to get breakfast stuff and snacks. Even made a frozen pizza in the stove since my youngest didn’t like the Thai Restaurant we went to.

The location is great. Five minute walk to either the GWU/Foggy Bottom metra stop or to Georgetown. A lot of good restaurants in Georgetown for families including Pizzeria Paradiso and Tacklebox (great fish tacos).

I highly recommend the hotel for families visiting DC.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words on your stay at the Avenue Suites! I’m glad to hear that you really enjoyed your two suites. I agree that they are very spacious. The kitchens are a nice convenience as well, especially with the Trader Joe’s being right across the street. Our location is another big draw for our guests, since we are close to so much! Tacklebox is actually one of my favorite Georgetown restaurants, so I’m glad you enjoyed it as well. Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My family and I stayed here for two nights in July. I called ahead on the day of our arrival to ask if we can have our two reserved rooms adjoining or as close to each other as possible. The gentelman who took my call, Milan, was so helpful that he even checked the floor to see if the two rooms he was holding for us were next to each other or across the hall from each other. That type of exceptional service is hard to come by these days. Both rooms we had (we were a family of 10) were impeccably neat and clean. The staff was always friendly and helpful. This hotel is also great walking distance to Georgetown and other sites. The continental breakfast was also a wonderful bonus. Only down sides: there is no pool and no restaurant on the premise.

Room Tip: Call the day of your arrival if you have special requests.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DKofNY

Hello there, and thank you for your kind words about your stay at the Avenue Suites! I am glad to hear that our front desk staff was able to assist you in getting rooms close to each other for your stay. We all do the best we can to help out our guests to make you comfortable and to ensure you enjoy your time at the hotel. In addition to the great staff, the hotel’s location is another major draw for our guests. Unfortunately, we do not have a pool on site, but the front desk staff is more than happy to provide walking directions to the closest pools upon request. The A Bar is now open at the hotel, but if the food there is not what you are looking for, our sister property The River Inn has a great restaurant called Dish + Drinks, which is about a five minute walk away. Also, we can’t forget about the great restaurants of Georgetown! We hope to have you stay with us again someday at the Avenue Suites!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I wanted rooms with full cooking facilities and preferably, separate sleeping spaces. Achieved the latter by using the pull out bed in the lounge area.

The thing that really got me going was that at the time I booked, a free continental breakfast was included. While we were there, they changed the policy so that breakfast could now be bough (nothing complimentary) . To be fair, they offered a voucher to cover the remainder of our stay. The value of this gesture was ruined by mean-spirited restrictions on what constituted a continental breakfast.

My wife and I were struggling up the steps with our heavy bags. The bellman decided to be helpful by pointing out that there was a ramp we could use.

The rooms were clean and serviced daily. There was no compendium informing of where things were and how things worked in this hotel.

The hotel is superbly located for access to tourist attractions and Georgetown.

The A-Bar in the lobby is expensive.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor over the entrance. Events outside got noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BHarmer

Greetings, and thank you for your review on the Avenue Suites. I am glad to hear that you found the rooms to be spacious and clean with good service being done each day. Also, your comment on the hotel’s location is true, since it is close to so many local attractions in the area. However, I am saddened to hear that other elements of your stay weren’t up to your expectations. We will definitely look into these items and offer feedback to our staff. I hope that this does not deter you from returning to us. We hope to see you again sometime at the Avenue Suites!