“Great stay.”

Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Manchester, Connecticut
“Great stay.”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

This hotel was a quick walk from the Georgetown metro stop, which made it convenient for me to travel both in and out of the Georgetown area. The staff were very accommodating; I checked in early and checked out late at no additional charge. The suite was very clean and modern, and I was left some nice, complimentary snacks to enjoy. The staff were very friendly, and greeted me every time I came in or left the building, and one of the gentlemen was able to quickly get me a cab ride to the airport when I realized I was running late. I will definitely stay here again in the future - highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
instantxkarmaa,

We jump for joy when our experienced TripAdvisor travelers rave about their time at the Avenue Suites. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed some complimentary snacks and water that was left in your room. Our staff has been celebrating your kind remarks all week and I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to tell the TripAdvisor public about their phenomenal work. I have added a phone number below as I would love the chance to personally welcome you back and work with each other directly in the future.

Thanks from all of us here at the Avenue Suites,
phone: 202-464-5609

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My sister and I traveled to the DC this past weekend for her GWU interview and stayed at Avenue Suites for a total of 3 nights. The hotel is very central and only a few blocks away from the metro station, GWU and restaurants. We arrived at the hotel before check-in and the staff happily accommodated us with a room right away. Our room was absolutely fabulous! We requested a room with 2-queens which was very spacious with a great living room area, large desk, dining table, spotless bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, (which is awesome because there’s a Trader Joes right across the street) 2 very comfortable beds and a great view of Penn Ave.

The staff at Avenue Suites did an outstanding job of accommodating us. The housekeeping staff specifically Suzy and Wendy who were very sanitary and quick in cleaning our room. I have to give a huge thanks to the front desk manager, Mitchell, who is the definition of exceptional guest service. Mitch was extremely helpful in the planning of our trip and in accommodating us during our whole stay...thanks so much Mitch! :) Overall our stay was excellent and I can’t wait to stay at Avenue Suites in the near future!

Greetings MeraGobi25,

We are so glad to hear that you returned to sunny California safely. It is so great to hear that your stay with us at the Avenue Suites was such a positive one and you were both satisfied with our accommodations. You and your sister were such a delight to have with us here in Washington DC and we are looking forward to your return visit soon. Please reach out to me directly the next time you plan to return to our city.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon,
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Wanted to get away for a weekend before my busy work season kicked in. Great time! The hotel is perfectly located between the shops of Georgetown and the Foggy Bottom Metro station. I had planned to go to some museums and also to enjoy what Georgetown has to offer, so this was perfect.

Room was awesome! Very clean and comfy. Pictures on the website are very accurate. Beds and pillows were super comfy. I meant to note the brand of the pillow and forgot! Bathroom was very nice - in that there was a full bathroom w/ a separate sink area as well. Lots of towels!

Hotel staff was very helpful and the bar was very good -though by the time we got there, everything was pretty good - it was Georgetown! Good crowd. Nice outdoor area - too bad it was so cold. Valet service was very convenient.

Would love to stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank misskelly1010
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
misskelly1010,

Greetings from a fellow Pennsylvanian! It is great to hear that word of the Avenue Suites has spread to the Keystone State. I agree that our location is ideal for both shopping/eating in the Foggy Bottom and Georgetown neighborhoods as well as for checking out the monuments and museums on the National Mall. Please reach out to me the next time you plan to return (hopefully in warmer weather) so I can personally assist in making your reservations.

I look forward to working with you in the future,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was a really great place to stay on our 3 day trip to Washington. Lovely people at front desk. Room was beautiful and modern. The bedroom was huge. bed was comfy, as was the sofa bed. The kitchen was a god send after traveling for while... was so nice to be able to cook for ourselves. The shower head was the biggest I've ever seen! Metro station 2 min away. Streets were beautiful & clean. There was a small gym and nice outdoor area. Bus to the train was just outside and was only $1! Cannot recommend enough.

Room Tip: We faced the street but no problem with noise what so ever
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Emma T,

It is so great to read your fabulous review of the Avenue Suites here in historic Washington DC. Thank you for telling all of our TripAdvisor friends about the new shower heads that we installed - they are enormous! Please let me know the next time you are planning to join us so I can make sure your next visit with us is as enjoyable as this one was.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,
new jersey
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I found this hotel on the internet. I needed to be close to the Kennedy Center and this was so great.
The staff, rooms, hotel and lobby were beautiful.
I like smaller hotels and these met my criteria. The rooms were lovely and we were there the weekend right before the inauguration and we never felt rushed or without help

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Janine K,

Thank you for your stellar review of the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. It is nice to hear that you escaped our city before the craziness of Inauguration occurred. We are indeed very close to the Kennedy Center and get a lot of guests who attend events there. Please e-mail me the next time you are planning to return so I can coordinate a special trip for you.

Thanks again,
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My family and I stayed at the Avenue Suites through the Christmas holidays. When we first arrived we were planning on paying for the valet parking and the front desk staff pointed out a free parking spot across the street. For 7 of the 8 nights we stayed we were lucky to continue to find that open spot. The metro was a brief walk and perfect exercise. One of our planned museum days it started raining. We found a movie theater within walking distance. The staff were very friendly and professional. We had a great time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Dawn N
Dawn N,
There is no phrase we love more than "home away from home!" It is great to hear that you and your family had a memorable holiday with us here at the Avenue Suites. I have passed your kind words onto our entire staff who were glad to hear that you appreciated their fantastic service. We would love it if you made this a holiday tradition with us and would be elated to see you again next year. Please reach out to me directly at the phone number below so we can iron out the details for your next visit.

Best wishes,
phone: 202-464-5609
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Booked this place because we needed somewhere near Georgetown and it was so highly rated on Tripadvisor. That rating did not disappoint! Location is very convenient--short walk from Foggy Bottom metro station and two blocks from Georgetown historic district. Place has sophisticated look, and room was very clean and large AND a suite, so separate sitting area and kitchen. Can't beat the price. Trader Joe's is across the street. And the staff could not have been better.

Greetings makabla,
We love when guests read about us on TripAdvisor and then come and join us! I have passed your comments on to our staff who were so glad to hear how appreciative you were of their hard work. I agree that it is spectacular having a Trader Joe's across the street to stock up our kitchens with. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail below so I can coordinate your next visit with us!

See you soon,