“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Riyadh
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I recently visited Washington DC and stayed at the Avenue Suites. I would highly recommend the hotel from many aspects …. service, ambiance, location and value for money. The rooms are fantastic … extremely spacious, well laid out and very clean. All the staff are very friendly and helpful, especially Front Office Manager Mitchell Turow, who provides exceptional attention to the needs of his guests. The hotel is well located and you have easy commutes to most of the sites in DC. Foggy Bottom metro station and Georgetown are comfortable walks away. I had a wonderful stay and highly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Padraig F
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Padraig F,

It was so great to meet you and hear about life in Ireland. We are glad to hear that your visit to Washington DC was special and that we were able to contribute to that. Your recommendation means the world to us and we are looking forward to your return visit with us.

Best wishes and thanks again,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Have to say that this place is awesome. Rooms are spacious clean and alot better than what you might get at say the embassy suites.(hint) Service was outstanding in every way. We actually booked another hotel which was highy rated on trip advisor but.... when we got there it was just a average place that was dirty . My daughters were quick to say we have to find another place to stay. Quickly hit trip advisor app on my phone and came across the Avenue suites. This place is truly a 5. We walked to the Ballet, shops in Georgetown,the foggy bottom metro and could get anywhere in DC that we wanted. I keep trying to stay in DC but keep ending up in Georgetown due to better accomadations. I have to say that I depend on trip advisor alot, sometimes places are overated from management push but this is not the case at the Avenue suites. the property management and the staff are all 5's.

Room Tip: 905 was a great room with seperate living room (pull out sofa) full kitchen
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank martha m
martha m,

We love to hear that our guests are finding out about us on TripAdvisor! It was great having you and your daughters with us while you saw the ballet at the Kennedy Center. I have to agree that our large rooms and fantastic staff are tough to beat and appreciate you taking the time to tell all of our TripAdvisor friends about us. As we talked about in person, please give me a call the next time you want to come for a visit so I can make it another memorable visit for you and your family.

Thanks again,
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Excellent Service! This hotel has got it right, they genuinely care about your stay and are willing to go above and beyond to make the stay a great one. The rooms are spacious and confortable. I personally loved the large desk looking out the window. A great place to relax after a long day.

TeachMills,

It is wonderful to hear that word of the Avenue Suites has reached Arkansas. It is great to hear that you had an "amazing stay" with us at the Avenue Suites and have taken the time to share it with the TripAdvisor world. It is always wonderful to hear that our phenomenal staff are continuing to impress our lovely guests day after day. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below the next time you are planning to visit Washington DC so I can ensure you have another memorable stay with us.

Thanks again,
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

During the week of Inauguration festivities, we stayed at this quaint hotel. The customer service exceeded my expectations from the Gen. Mgr - Mitch, to all of the supporting staff. If I were dreaming, then let me share my experience.

From the curb side service, to providing us with directions to all of the in-spots, confirming directions we printed from the Internet detailing all of our dining choices from the Food Network website, hand warmers, recommending we sit at the cozy fireplace to enjoy other guests, surfing the net, completing homework or people watching.

Plus, they knew all of the people within my parties names. Can you believe it?

Also, Trader Joe's was conveniently located across the street.

My hats off to the staff, may you continue to bless and enrich people's lives. You have totally changed how I feel about hotels and yes I will recommend to others and return later in the year.

Lastly, with all of the walking and long hours, the bathtub was a God send.

Rhonda Adams, room 912

Room Tip: Talk to Mitch, the general manager
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Rhonda A,

I have read a lot of TripAdvisor reviews over my career and this has got to be one of the most touching. Our entire staff very much appreciates you taking the time to share your Avenue Suites experience with the TripAdvisor world. I would like the opportunity to discuss your visit in more detail and personally make your return visit.

Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again soon,
Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

This hotel was a quick walk from the Georgetown metro stop, which made it convenient for me to travel both in and out of the Georgetown area. The staff were very accommodating; I checked in early and checked out late at no additional charge. The suite was very clean and modern, and I was left some nice, complimentary snacks to enjoy. The staff were very friendly, and greeted me every time I came in or left the building, and one of the gentlemen was able to quickly get me a cab ride to the airport when I realized I was running late. I will definitely stay here again in the future - highly recommended!

instantxkarmaa,

We jump for joy when our experienced TripAdvisor travelers rave about their time at the Avenue Suites. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed some complimentary snacks and water that was left in your room. Our staff has been celebrating your kind remarks all week and I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to tell the TripAdvisor public about their phenomenal work. I have added a phone number below as I would love the chance to personally welcome you back and work with each other directly in the future.

Thanks from all of us here at the Avenue Suites,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

My sister and I traveled to the DC this past weekend for her GWU interview and stayed at Avenue Suites for a total of 3 nights. The hotel is very central and only a few blocks away from the metro station, GWU and restaurants. We arrived at the hotel before check-in and the staff happily accommodated us with a room right away. Our room was absolutely fabulous! We requested a room with 2-queens which was very spacious with a great living room area, large desk, dining table, spotless bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, (which is awesome because there’s a Trader Joes right across the street) 2 very comfortable beds and a great view of Penn Ave.

The staff at Avenue Suites did an outstanding job of accommodating us. The housekeeping staff specifically Suzy and Wendy who were very sanitary and quick in cleaning our room. I have to give a huge thanks to the front desk manager, Mitchell, who is the definition of exceptional guest service. Mitch was extremely helpful in the planning of our trip and in accommodating us during our whole stay...thanks so much Mitch! :) Overall our stay was excellent and I can’t wait to stay at Avenue Suites in the near future!

Greetings MeraGobi25,

We are so glad to hear that you returned to sunny California safely. It is so great to hear that your stay with us at the Avenue Suites was such a positive one and you were both satisfied with our accommodations. You and your sister were such a delight to have with us here in Washington DC and we are looking forward to your return visit soon. Please reach out to me directly the next time you plan to return to our city.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon,
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Wanted to get away for a weekend before my busy work season kicked in. Great time! The hotel is perfectly located between the shops of Georgetown and the Foggy Bottom Metro station. I had planned to go to some museums and also to enjoy what Georgetown has to offer, so this was perfect.

Room was awesome! Very clean and comfy. Pictures on the website are very accurate. Beds and pillows were super comfy. I meant to note the brand of the pillow and forgot! Bathroom was very nice - in that there was a full bathroom w/ a separate sink area as well. Lots of towels!

Hotel staff was very helpful and the bar was very good -though by the time we got there, everything was pretty good - it was Georgetown! Good crowd. Nice outdoor area - too bad it was so cold. Valet service was very convenient.

Would love to stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank misskelly1010
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
misskelly1010,

Greetings from a fellow Pennsylvanian! It is great to hear that word of the Avenue Suites has spread to the Keystone State. I agree that our location is ideal for both shopping/eating in the Foggy Bottom and Georgetown neighborhoods as well as for checking out the monuments and museums on the National Mall. Please reach out to me the next time you plan to return (hopefully in warmer weather) so I can personally assist in making your reservations.

I look forward to working with you in the future,