“Can't wait to come back”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #8 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

This place exceeded my expectations. The decor was very attractive, the whole building was very clean. I price was great. The staff was attentive and helpful and prompt in handling my requests. They greeted me and offered assistance and info about what to do and where to go and how to get there. The view from my room was spectacular. The location was great. I was able to get gourmet snacks for my room across The street at Trader Joes. There are many restaurants and shopping near. The walk from the Foggy Bottom metro station was only a few minutes long. My bed was comfy. My room felt like a home away from home instead of like a hotel. I can't say enough good things about this cute place.

• Stayed: February 2013
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Ccamii,

Thank you for sharing both comments and pictures about your time with us at the Avenue Suites. Most of our guests do enjoy the fact that we are right across from Trader Joe's and have full kitchens to cook your meals in rather than eating out every meal. I agree that our housekeeping staff does a phenomenal job and our property is incredibly clean.

We are already looking forward to your return visit with us.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Management is good, just because of the good workers. I like the attitude of every body who is managing and giving the services to the customers.

Main desk peoples are very good. They treat me as a valuable customer. Everyday i saw their smily face when i start talking.
Room is good and well cleaned.
Location is also in approachable for everyone.

i like the provided internet speed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Haroon M
Mitchell T, Public Relations Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Hello Haroon M,

It is great to hear that word of the Avenue Suites has reached Pakistan. Thank you so much for your very positive comments about your recent visit and we are looking forward to your next one. Please reach out to me at the e-mail address below so I can make sure you have another memorable stay!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

The Avenue Suites is a wonderful suite hotel, with huge rooms and nice decor. We arrived early and our room was not quite ready. The lobby has a lovely "living room" with a fireplace so we curled up on the couch and warmed ourselves by the fire. They have a nice assortment of books that helped us pass the time, though it was really only 20 minutes or so before our suite was available. The suite consists of a very nice sized bedroom, a comfy living room area and a full kitchen. This was a great "home away from home". The location couldn't be better. The hotel is only a 3 minute walk from Georgetown, and 5 minutes or so from the Foggy Bottom metro. Across the street is a Trader Joe's where we shopped for breakfast foods. If you follow 25th St to your right upon exiting the hotel, you are only a few blocks from George Washington University and also the Kennedy Center. Restaurants are in abundance, from the tasty Thai restaurant next door, to a huge assortment of eateries in Georgetown. One notable choice is Notti Bianche at the George Washington University Inn, just down 25th St. We had a fabulous dinner there with some local friends - the food was a true high end but homey Italian delight - I will return on my next trip to D.C.!
There is a lovely patio with a fie pit and comfortable seating behind the hotel - several people were enjoying the fire, but it was quite cold when we were there so I look forward to using it in more temperate weather - we will definitely stay here again! . Though we did not try it, they offer breakfast at a small cafe in the lobby as well as evening drinks, and I believe food. The only compaint that I had which kept me from giving thiis hotel a 5 (I would have given it a 41/2 had it been an option) was that the heating in our room was oppressive! One night it was 84 degrees when the thermostat was set to 65. We ultimately turned off the heat and opened windows (despite temperatures in the 20s) and were able to be comfortable. What bothered me most was that we asked 3 times to have the heat looked at and no one came. In general everyone who worked at the hotel was pleasant and helpful - why this fell through the cracks I do not know, but it made for some discomfort. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, its location and amenities are wonderful - and note they are pet friendly! Keep up the good work Avenue Suites but please take a look at the heating!

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise, ask for a room facing towards the back.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank havilover

Greetings hanilover,

We value all feedback - both negative and positive, so thank you so much for your very detailed response about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. There is no better term we like than "home away from home" so we appreciate you sharing this with the TripAdvisor world. Please come back when the weather gets a little warmer so you can enjoy our outdoor patio with fire-pits and area warmers.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

My family and I have stayed at Many Hotels and have to say the Avenue Suites were really a cut above in terms of service and size of the suites

Mith the manager was amazing so helpful on every level

Even gave us Umbrellas when we were ill prepared for rain

The rooms are not the fanciest and have some well worn areas especially in the kitchen but almost didn't matter

Beds really comfy pillows awesome sheets soft

Food at small restaurant downstairs was great

Cool outside area with outdoor fireplaces

Would add more trash recepticles to the rooms though

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank angela m

Angela M,

Thank you for your detailed response about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. It was a pleasure to work with you and to assist you in keeping away from the rain. I agree that the food in our restaurant is fantastic and is a very popular spot here in Washington DC. I have passed your advice on regarding the trash cans and we hope to see you again here at the Avenue Suites.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed at the Avenue Suites hotel for 2 nights to visit GW University. Everything was perfect about the stay. The suite is huge and so comfortable. We had several friends in the area come visit us while we were in town and it was so nice to hang out in the big living room. The location is amazing. An easy walk to GW, Georgetown and if you want to go anywhere else in DC, the metro is not far. The lobby area is very hip; the Avenue Suites was as nice (if not nicer) than some W Hotels I have stayed at. The staff was incredibly helpful. I needed to print something and was having difficulty and Mitch let me sit in his office for 10 minutes until I could get it printed! No charge, just a "what can we do to help" attitude. The kitchen is a huge bonus. We barely used it, but if I were to come to DC again, I would definitely stay here and stock up on some basics and at least have breakfast in the room. Trader Joes a few blocks away. The most incredible thing about the Avenue Suites was the price. It is easily worth 2 or 3 times what we paid (don't raise the prices though!!). I would highly recommend this hotel. I hope my daughter gets into GW and we can stay her again and again! Oh, almost forgot to mention the firepit outside; it was February and a little cold, but we sat by the firepit and ordered some drinks!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Shari_traveler,

We love getting phenomenal feedback from experienced TripAdvisor reviewers. I loved sharing my office with you and allowing you to use my computer - mi casa es su casa! You are exactly right that the fireplaces in our courtyard are the place to be once the weather starts to warm up a little bit. Best of luck to your daughter and her college search and please let me know the next time you will be in DC.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay of 5 nights at Avenue Suites. The suites are huge, with nice furnishings, windows that open, two large flat screen televisions, and a fully-equipped kitchen with stove, dishwasher, full-size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a full array of dishes, cups, glasses and flatware. Wi-fi is free. The bathroom consists of two rooms, one with a large vanity and mirror and the other room with a pedestal sink, commode and bathtub with an enormous showerhead. The soaps and hair products were so nice, I purchased full-size quantities of the same at a nearby shop.

Location is a big plus. The hotel is a short walk (3 blocks) to the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. A Trader Joe's is across from the hotel. A Whole Foods is next to the Metro Station. The hotel is only a couple blocks from M Street in Georgetown, a wonderful walking and shopping area not covered by the Metro system.

The restaurant provided good food at reasonable prices, and there are many other restaurants within easy walking distance. The bar was busy with a festive atmosphere. Breakfast was not included in the room fee. It was unfortunately merely adequate. Again, there are plenty of interesting places to have breakfast nearby.
Everything in the rooms was clean and fresh and kept that way by the cleaning staff. No signs of wear and tear.

The front desk staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. One staff member, Seck, stands out in particular. On several occasions, he gave me great advice on places to see and how best to get there. A more personable and caring individual would be hard to find.

I plan to return to Washington at least twice a year for the foreseeable future. I feel like I've found a perfect home base for future trips. I look forward to enjoying the ideal location, huge well-equipped suites, and friendl, helpful staff at Avenue Suites again.

1  Thank camento

Camento,

It was such a pleasure to read your incredibly kind and detailed review of the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. I have to agree that our new showerheads are fantastic and are loved by all of our guests. Your comments about Seck are spot-on and he is incredibly large asset to our property. Please let me know the next time you will be in the city so I can ensure your next stay with us is just as memorable and Seck is here to greet you once again.

phone: 202-464-5609

Reviewed 19 February 2013

The hotel is very very nice the rooms are spacious and newly renovated . The bartender anderw is very nice guy he did a great job . Front desk staff went above and beyond . The location is just perfect . I will for sure come back here

1  Thank Ibrahim2013

Ibrahim2013,

The best way we can be described as a "home away from home" and we very much appreciate you recognizing that. We have passed your review on to Andrew who was elated to hear that you were so impressed with his stellar customer service. Our front desk staff also works hard to ensure all of our guests have memorable customized service.

email: mturow@modushotelsdc.com