“Amazing Service and Wonderful Room”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #9 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
San Francisco
“Amazing Service and Wonderful Room”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We just stayed this weekend and got to experience for ourselves the lovely service and facilities of Avenue Suites. We were getting in on a red-eye on Saturday morning and got in touch with Mitch to see if there was any way we could check in very early (9AM). While they could not guarantee anything until they knew availability the day we arrived, we were very pleased to find that a room was available and ready for us early that morning.

The room was very spacious and elegant - we could not believe how good we had it during our one-night stay at Avenue Suites. The service continued to be great throughout, as everyone was very friendly and Mitch even was proactive calling us a cab for when we expected to leave. Thanks so much, Avenue Suites!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Earl D
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Earl D,

I am so glad that we were able to check you in nice and early so that you could get some rest after your long trip. Your positive remarks have been read by our whole staff who were elated to hear about your memorable time here at the Avenue Suites. Please give me a call the next time you are planning to return so I can oversee your next visit and make sure it is just as special.

phone: 202-464-5609

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Found the room on TA as a high ranked room, looked at the user photos and changed my norm from the W to this hotel. Checking in and the staff was great, location was great walking to Georgetown was easy. Rooms were large and roomy you had room to do other things while people showered etc. "SAK" if I spelled it correctly was great from when I called before I made it to DC he got me the room I wanted to helping me when I was at the hotel! Only Problem I had was the water temp. After one person took a shower the next was cold; I did not bother the hotel staff with this problem because I was so happy with everything else It didn't phase my stay.

Room Tip: Try upper floor, there is a church next door and it does ring its bells on Sunday hahah
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jamesbrice
Jamesbrice,

We love it when people find out about us from TripAdvisor and then decide to come try us out! It is great to hear that you were happy with our location and fabulous staff. I must agree that Mr. Seck is a fantastic ambassador for the Avenue Suites and has been dazzling visitors for many years. We put your room out of order and looked into the water temperature issue and can report that the problem has been resolved. Please reach out to me directly for your next reservation so I can ensure you are blocked in a nice quiet room on a high floor.

Norwell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We stayed at Avenue Suites in a 2 bedroom unit having never stayed here before. First of all, it was spotless which was greatly appreciated. With two teens, it was more than adequate (actually spacious) with plenty of room for everyone. The two tvs, separate eating area, and sitting areas helped. We made use of the full kitchen by cooking breakfast two of the mornings we were there. Within walking distance to Georgetown shops and restaurants, Georgetown and George Washington University, and the Metro, we were perfectly located for our college tours. Upon leaving we left my husband's garment bag behind with a brand new suit jacket in it. Eda at the front desk assured me that the hotel would send it out to us as a courtesy. We received it yesterday and can't thank her enough. Not only was the hotel a perfect option for us but it also came with exceptional customer service. Thank you. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Patti N
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Patti N,

There is absolutely no phrase we love to hear more than "home away from home!" Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to ensure our guest rooms are spotless and our guests are happy. I have to agree that Eda is an amazing staff-member and will go above and beyond to make every guest leave with a big smile.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is a great value for the money! With a fantastic Foggy Bottom location, just blocks from Georgetown yet close to the Metro and all the sites, Avenue Suites has a lot to offer. It's designed in the syle of a trendy boutique hotel but without the designer price tag. We opted for a suite, which was still reasonably priced and remarkably spacious for an in-town address. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I'm guessing that the building used to consist of small, one-bedroom apartments, judging by the fact that the kitchens aren't new. But who cares - it's a full-size kitchen...and Trader Joe's is right across the street. We came to visit our daughter at Georgetown Univ, and we were able to invite her friends over for a cocktail before dinner. That was a great perk that we wouldn't have had in a typical hotel room without having them sit on our bed. And did I mention friendly? The front desk staff was extremely helpful and approachable. We already plan to stay here again next time we visit our daughter in the fall.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back of the hotel - no view to speak of, but quiet (except for the trash truck...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravelHound_12
TravelHound_12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out such a detailed response about your recent trip to the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. I have to agree that our large suites are a tremendous value and bigger than most apartments in the city! As you said, we do have rooms with amazing views so please call me at the number below so I can ensure you are blocked into one of them on your next visit.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed for 4 nights while touring DC on vacation. Good location - a short walk to the heart of Georgetown or 3-4 blocks to Metro. Modern, sleek but comfortable furniture and appointments in the living area and bedroom. Our shower head was great - one of those huge "rain" ones that pour down on you (can be adjusted - I like it at an angle more than straight down for example) The beds were really comfortable and the full kitchen was great - we made breakfast every morning and relaxed in our jammies instead of having to haul ourselves out of bed to make some dumb breakfast deadline you often find at other hotels. It was very civilized and relaxing. Kitchen had dated appliances - but they worked perfectly fine so I have no problem with that. Coffee service was via a Keurig single cup coffee maker. We hate those with a passion, but it's becoming more common in properties so I guess it's just us. The entertainment system on the TV needs some help - very few channels, no movies and the TVs are bolted to the wall - so you can't connect any of your own devices. Not a make-it-or-break-it thing, but it did reduce the enjoyment of that hour before bedtime when we like to watch the latest cable show/movie. (Admittedly they did have a printed notice about some upgrade in progress - I hope that goes smoothly) The onsite self-service laundry works as expected and was a nice feature to have - we packed light and washed. A Bar had a great staff and we enjoyed some tasty cocktails there one Saturday night while numerous big-suited business types came and went, blustering and bleating about who they knew and where we should go and what we should do with our lives (This is just DC...I personally thought it was funny and very "when in Rome" kind of a thing...it gave us some great stories!) A Bar has a great outdoor patio. However, the best amenity has got to be the staff - they really are gems - just like everyone says. All of them super nice and willing to help. True stars. All things considered we thought it was an excellent stay and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gmwnet
gmwnet,

We love getting detailed feedback from experienced guests who come to visit the Avenue Suites. It is great to hear that you got the chance to spend time in our restaurant, The A Bar, and enjoy our beautiful outdoor patio. I have to agree that our large rain showers are a real treat and are loved by all of our hotel guests. We are currently working on updating the resolution of our TV's which should be completely resolved in the upcoming weeks.

Please reach out to me directly the next time you are in our area so I can come and meet you and thank you for your detailed review.

Thanks again,
Pennington, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at Avenue Suites last weekend and hope to do so on ALL future visits to Georgetown. What a first class gem this is! The staff is exceptionally courteous, well trained and attentive, without being pushy. Our suite was gorgeous and comfortable with every amenity we could have asked for. After dinner in Georgetown, we spend a couple of hours in the bar and had fabulous drinks with our kids-though we didn't sit outside, there is a really lovely area with a fire pit which we hope to use the next time we visit. In the morning when I woke, I dressed and had a little workout in the gym-followed by delicious coffee at the cafe.
We cannot wait to return to Avenue Suites!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Leslie C
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Greetings Leslie C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor response about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. It is great that you got the time to visit our restaurant, The A Bar & Kitchen, which is phenomenal and provides a unique cocktail and dining experience. As you said, please come back when it gets a little warmer so you can relax outside with our fire-pits and space heaters.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon,
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Wonderful experience at the A suites, the staff was exceptional and the location is outstanding. From the moment we entered everything went smooth, the front desk made us feel comfortable before we had even checked. They gave a new meaning to hospitable. We wont hesitate to return. Just as an aside the bed and pillow were possible the best we've ever experienced in hotel living.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank larsbar1
larsbar1,

While we love feedback about our hotel itself, the positive feedback about our staff members is what truly excites us. We take pride in recruiting the best hotel professionals in Washington DC and are so glad that you were impressed. I must agree that our beds and pillows are phenomenal and are constantly raved about by our guests.

We look forward to your next visit with us at the Avenue Suites!

Best wishes,