“Great hotel. Fantastic service.”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
“Great hotel. Fantastic service.”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Love the rooms and the service. Karam and Sophie did more than expected to make sure we had a great stay there. Would definitely stay there again next time in DC. Recommend this place to anyone visiting DC or staying for a longer time. Location is perfect for getting around DC. The staff does everything you can need during your stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Fusc88,

Thank you on behalf of Sophie, Karam, and all of us here at the Avenue Suites for writing such a great review about your recent visit. I must agree that our location and staff are the best in the city and are working hard towards a goal of service perfection. We are very much looking forward to your return visit with us soon.

Thanks again,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Overall, this was a nice place to stay. On the plus side:
* suite and kitchen were very nice for family of five
* kitchen clean-up was awesome!
* Kids loved separate TVs (not that we stayed in a lot)
* right on bus line to major attractions, museums, etc
* Trader Joe's right acros the street
* new furnishings
* nice lobby
* helpful staff
* great Georgetown location
* decent view if on upper floors and facing north

Needing improvement
* kitchen stove looked quite old (but worked fine)
* elevators looked old
* no free breakfast
* tiny gym
* low ceilings that need to have popcorn texture removed
* no room safe (though overheard those are coming soon)
* hallways need improvement and better lighting

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ian C
lantc1995,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. While I am happy to hear about all of the positive remarks, I would like the chance to speak a little more personally about the negative ones. I have provided my phone number below in hopes that you can call me at your earliest convenience

I look forward to speaking with you soon,
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Spent two nights at Avenue Suites this past weekend, using that as our base to explore DC. Easy to get to Metro at Foggy Bottom or walk to Georgetown. One bedroom suite worked fine for our family including two teens -- they slept on the queen sleeper in the living room. Suite was nicely appointed -- big, flat screen TV, good mattress. The staff was very welcoming and accomodating. We were running late arriving and I called ahead and spoke to the front desk manager Mitch to make sure that we would still be able to get a room on a high floor away from the elevator even with our late arrival -- and he delivered on that. They welcomed us warmly at the front desk -- Seck and Karam were very nice and ready to please. Just a couple of minor gripes -- I prefer when bathrooms have a fan and this room did not have that. Also, the kitchen -- which we really didn't need or use on this trip -- had outdated appliances and seemed a bit musty. Would have been a bigger issue if we had planned on doing any cooking. All in all, a nice place a solid value for a 1BR suite given its prime location on the border of Foggy Bottom and Georgetwon. And the staff -- Mitch, Sech and Karam -- are firs rate.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ALK555
ALK555,

We always celebrate when guests mention our staff members by name and recognize their amazing customer service. Seck and Karam have not stopped smiling since reading your review and were so happy to hear that they were able to make a positive impression during your visit to the Avenue Suites. As you said, we put a lot of effort into honoring guest preferences and recommend to all future visitors to let us know what they prefer so we can work hard to try to accommodate them.

Thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon,
San Francisco
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We just stayed this weekend and got to experience for ourselves the lovely service and facilities of Avenue Suites. We were getting in on a red-eye on Saturday morning and got in touch with Mitch to see if there was any way we could check in very early (9AM). While they could not guarantee anything until they knew availability the day we arrived, we were very pleased to find that a room was available and ready for us early that morning.

The room was very spacious and elegant - we could not believe how good we had it during our one-night stay at Avenue Suites. The service continued to be great throughout, as everyone was very friendly and Mitch even was proactive calling us a cab for when we expected to leave. Thanks so much, Avenue Suites!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Earl D
Earl D,

I am so glad that we were able to check you in nice and early so that you could get some rest after your long trip. Your positive remarks have been read by our whole staff who were elated to hear about your memorable time here at the Avenue Suites. Please give me a call the next time you are planning to return so I can oversee your next visit and make sure it is just as special.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Found the room on TA as a high ranked room, looked at the user photos and changed my norm from the W to this hotel. Checking in and the staff was great, location was great walking to Georgetown was easy. Rooms were large and roomy you had room to do other things while people showered etc. "SAK" if I spelled it correctly was great from when I called before I made it to DC he got me the room I wanted to helping me when I was at the hotel! Only Problem I had was the water temp. After one person took a shower the next was cold; I did not bother the hotel staff with this problem because I was so happy with everything else It didn't phase my stay.

Room Tip: Try upper floor, there is a church next door and it does ring its bells on Sunday hahah
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jamesbrice
Jamesbrice,

We love it when people find out about us from TripAdvisor and then decide to come try us out! It is great to hear that you were happy with our location and fabulous staff. I must agree that Mr. Seck is a fantastic ambassador for the Avenue Suites and has been dazzling visitors for many years. We put your room out of order and looked into the water temperature issue and can report that the problem has been resolved. Please reach out to me directly for your next reservation so I can ensure you are blocked in a nice quiet room on a high floor.

Norwell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We stayed at Avenue Suites in a 2 bedroom unit having never stayed here before. First of all, it was spotless which was greatly appreciated. With two teens, it was more than adequate (actually spacious) with plenty of room for everyone. The two tvs, separate eating area, and sitting areas helped. We made use of the full kitchen by cooking breakfast two of the mornings we were there. Within walking distance to Georgetown shops and restaurants, Georgetown and George Washington University, and the Metro, we were perfectly located for our college tours. Upon leaving we left my husband's garment bag behind with a brand new suit jacket in it. Eda at the front desk assured me that the hotel would send it out to us as a courtesy. We received it yesterday and can't thank her enough. Not only was the hotel a perfect option for us but it also came with exceptional customer service. Thank you. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Patti N
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Patti N,

There is absolutely no phrase we love to hear more than "home away from home!" Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to ensure our guest rooms are spotless and our guests are happy. I have to agree that Eda is an amazing staff-member and will go above and beyond to make every guest leave with a big smile.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is a great value for the money! With a fantastic Foggy Bottom location, just blocks from Georgetown yet close to the Metro and all the sites, Avenue Suites has a lot to offer. It's designed in the syle of a trendy boutique hotel but without the designer price tag. We opted for a suite, which was still reasonably priced and remarkably spacious for an in-town address. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I'm guessing that the building used to consist of small, one-bedroom apartments, judging by the fact that the kitchens aren't new. But who cares - it's a full-size kitchen...and Trader Joe's is right across the street. We came to visit our daughter at Georgetown Univ, and we were able to invite her friends over for a cocktail before dinner. That was a great perk that we wouldn't have had in a typical hotel room without having them sit on our bed. And did I mention friendly? The front desk staff was extremely helpful and approachable. We already plan to stay here again next time we visit our daughter in the fall.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back of the hotel - no view to speak of, but quiet (except for the trash truck...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravelHound_12
TravelHound_12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out such a detailed response about your recent trip to the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. I have to agree that our large suites are a tremendous value and bigger than most apartments in the city! As you said, we do have rooms with amazing views so please call me at the number below so I can ensure you are blocked into one of them on your next visit.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,