“My second home”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
“My second home”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Over the years I have stayed at this hotel, previously known as Washington Suites and indeed it has come to feel like a home away from home. This is especially so when the weather is bleak and dreary compared to the great all year round weather in the tropics where I hail from.
Right from the moment you walk in the customer service at the front desk is great. The suites have a bedroom and a living room and fully equipped kitchen. The living room seat is also convertible into a bed hence if you have more company there is ample room.
The location is walking distance to the restaurants in George Town and within reach of a traders Joes supermarket as well as a whole foods which is located at the Foggy Bottom metro (two blocks or so away).
I prefer higher level floors (but avoid the top most 10 ) as they are away from the noise of passing cars.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Njere,

It is so wonderful to hear that you have been one of our loyal guests from the days of Washington Suites. We are elated that you are happy with our new renovation and continue to return frequently. While our hotel looks different, our standards and service have also been altered to work towards a goal of perfection. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below so I can make sure you continue to have memorable visits with us here at the Avenue Suites.

Thanks again,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
abensteinjp
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Just stayed there last night, 3/18/2013. Very new, modern, HUGE room - it counts as a large studio suite. Very nice bathroom. Kitchen is just a microwave and coffee maker. But has a half fridge. Only thing I didn't like it the room didn't have blackout curtains like most hotels - wood blinds instead.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK, inexpensive, but limited offerings

I'd go back in a second

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank abensteinjp
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
abensteinjp,

Nicest hotel in Wahington DC. - thank you for such a memorable compliment! Our rooms are indeed apartment-sized and are convenient for both families and single travelers alike. While you stayed in one room type, others have full kitchens which I would be happy to block you in on your next visit. In fact, please e-mail me at the address below so that I can make sure your return visit is extra special.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My experience at Avenue Suites was nothing short of superb and I booked my next stay even before I left. The accommodations are excellent with everything necessary to make for a comfortable stay. With a separate sitting room, bedroom, and kitchen, the hotel is a perfect place for a short or long stay in DC. The location is ideal close to just about anything one could ask for. Most importantly, the service is impeccable. Karam, Seck, and especially Sophie go out of their way to make sure the stay is nothing less than great. I am excited to visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jcaf35
Greetings Jcaf35,

We love when our guests from the Big Apple have a good time here in the Nation's Capital, Washington DC. I have passed your fantastic praise onto Karam, Seck, and Sophie who were elated to hear how impressed you were with their service. The best news is that you will be returning to us again soon and can't wait to impress you once again.

We look forward to seeing you again,
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Comfortable, well maintained and superbly managed hotel. Entire staff deserves congratulations particularly Front Office Manager Mitchell Turow who seemed to go above and beyond expections for all guests of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Surfside01
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Greetings Surfside01,

Thank you for bringing some of the California sunshine with you to Washington DC last week! It is great to hear that you were so pleased with our "above and beyond" service that we work hard to provide to all of our guests. Please shoot me an e-mail the next time you are planning to visit the Avenue Suites so I can work hard to make it as memorable as your first visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We have stayed for the past several years over memorial weekend at the former Washington Suites Georgetown and now at the Avenue Suites Georgetown. The updated Avenue suites is modern and relaxing. The rooms are suites and have a separate bedroom. There is a sitting area with pull out bed, and a full kitchen. They have a nice included breakfast. The best thing about the hotel is it's location. A short walk to the metro at Foggy Bottom gets you anywhere in DC. Walking 10 minutes the other direction towards Georgetown and you have all the shopping and dining. There is a Trader Joes across the street. This is a safe area great with a family!

Room Tip: We picked the deluxe room which i think is a better view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mahalo123
Mahalo123,

It always feels so great to get positive reviews from very experienced TripAdvisor travelers. I must agree that our location can't be beat and is a very safe part of the city for families and single travelers alike. Thank you for being such a loyal guest at both the Washington Suites and now the Avenue Suites. We are happy that we were able to receive such a great renovation and combine it with the stellar customer service of the Washington Suites.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best wishes,
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Love the rooms and the service. Karam and Sophie did more than expected to make sure we had a great stay there. Would definitely stay there again next time in DC. Recommend this place to anyone visiting DC or staying for a longer time. Location is perfect for getting around DC. The staff does everything you can need during your stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Fusc88,

Thank you on behalf of Sophie, Karam, and all of us here at the Avenue Suites for writing such a great review about your recent visit. I must agree that our location and staff are the best in the city and are working hard towards a goal of service perfection. We are very much looking forward to your return visit with us soon.

Thanks again,
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Overall, this was a nice place to stay. On the plus side:
* suite and kitchen were very nice for family of five
* kitchen clean-up was awesome!
* Kids loved separate TVs (not that we stayed in a lot)
* right on bus line to major attractions, museums, etc
* Trader Joe's right acros the street
* new furnishings
* nice lobby
* helpful staff
* great Georgetown location
* decent view if on upper floors and facing north

Needing improvement
* kitchen stove looked quite old (but worked fine)
* elevators looked old
* no free breakfast
* tiny gym
* low ceilings that need to have popcorn texture removed
* no room safe (though overheard those are coming soon)
* hallways need improvement and better lighting

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ian C
lantc1995,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. While I am happy to hear about all of the positive remarks, I would like the chance to speak a little more personally about the negative ones. I have provided my phone number below in hopes that you can call me at your earliest convenience

phone: 202-464-5609