“Great Front Office Manager, Michael T!”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
new york
“Great Front Office Manager, Michael T!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I haven't stayed at your hotel yet, but it sounds wonderful from the very complimentary reviews that have been posted. Since I'll be spending much more time in DC in the near future, but have an apartment already in Georgetown, I will highly recommend your hotel to my family and friends who will be traveling regularly to DC and asking the inevitable question "Where should I stay?". It's impressive that you respond to all the reviews; that's a near certain
way to win new business, and do a fantastic job in the social media/branding/marketing realm. I appreciate your effort, and I haven't even been there LOL!

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank lulu55
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
lulu55,

I am quite honored that you took the time to write such a great survey about our TripAdvisor page. Frankly, if our guests take time out of their day to write unbiased feedback to fellow travelers, the least we can do is to reply and thank them for doing so. Stop by some time the next time you are in the area so I can show you around our hotel and look at some of our large guest rooms. Please use my e-mail address below so that we can contact each other directly for all future visits for friends and family.

Thanks again,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Groton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2013

A friend and I just checked out of the Avenue Suites this AM and the experience has prompted me to write my very first TripAdvisor review. Please let me add my kudos to those written below. We received outstanding service, a huge, clean and very comfortable room, and three great nights' sleep. Honestly, our room (408) had to have been the quietest city hotel room either of us had stayed in. The location is truly ideal--a few quick blocks to the Foggy Bottom metro, and half a block to the Trader Joe's and CVS. It's also walkable to the waterfront, canal and main streets of Georgetown (though if you do a lot of shopping, you'll want to take a cab back!). Thierry, Karam, and Seck all deserve special mention for their incredible customer service and welcoming personalities. I can't wait to return to Avenue Suites with my family when my kids are ready to tour DC. Thank you!

Room Tip: Our room in the back was very quiet!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa F
Lisa F,

We love to hear that the Avenue Suites is responsible for you writing your very first TripAdvisor review. It truly is a great way to get unbiased feedback from fellow travelers about both hotels and restaurants all over the world. I have passed your kudos onto Thierry, Karam, and Seck who were so gracious to hear that they were able to make such a lasting impression on you and your friend. I have provided my phone number below so that both of you can reach out to me directly the next time you would like to join us again here at the Avenue Suites.

Thanks again and welcome to TripAdvisor!

phone: 202-464-5609
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Over the years I have stayed at this hotel, previously known as Washington Suites and indeed it has come to feel like a home away from home. This is especially so when the weather is bleak and dreary compared to the great all year round weather in the tropics where I hail from.
Right from the moment you walk in the customer service at the front desk is great. The suites have a bedroom and a living room and fully equipped kitchen. The living room seat is also convertible into a bed hence if you have more company there is ample room.
The location is walking distance to the restaurants in George Town and within reach of a traders Joes supermarket as well as a whole foods which is located at the Foggy Bottom metro (two blocks or so away).
I prefer higher level floors (but avoid the top most 10 ) as they are away from the noise of passing cars.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Njere,

It is so wonderful to hear that you have been one of our loyal guests from the days of Washington Suites. We are elated that you are happy with our new renovation and continue to return frequently. While our hotel looks different, our standards and service have also been altered to work towards a goal of perfection. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below so I can make sure you continue to have memorable visits with us here at the Avenue Suites.

Thanks again,
abensteinjp
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Just stayed there last night, 3/18/2013. Very new, modern, HUGE room - it counts as a large studio suite. Very nice bathroom. Kitchen is just a microwave and coffee maker. But has a half fridge. Only thing I didn't like it the room didn't have blackout curtains like most hotels - wood blinds instead.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK, inexpensive, but limited offerings

I'd go back in a second

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank abensteinjp
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
abensteinjp,

Nicest hotel in Wahington DC. - thank you for such a memorable compliment! Our rooms are indeed apartment-sized and are convenient for both families and single travelers alike. While you stayed in one room type, others have full kitchens which I would be happy to block you in on your next visit. In fact, please e-mail me at the address below so that I can make sure your return visit is extra special.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My experience at Avenue Suites was nothing short of superb and I booked my next stay even before I left. The accommodations are excellent with everything necessary to make for a comfortable stay. With a separate sitting room, bedroom, and kitchen, the hotel is a perfect place for a short or long stay in DC. The location is ideal close to just about anything one could ask for. Most importantly, the service is impeccable. Karam, Seck, and especially Sophie go out of their way to make sure the stay is nothing less than great. I am excited to visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jcaf35
Greetings Jcaf35,

We love when our guests from the Big Apple have a good time here in the Nation's Capital, Washington DC. I have passed your fantastic praise onto Karam, Seck, and Sophie who were elated to hear how impressed you were with their service. The best news is that you will be returning to us again soon and can't wait to impress you once again.

We look forward to seeing you again,
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Comfortable, well maintained and superbly managed hotel. Entire staff deserves congratulations particularly Front Office Manager Mitchell Turow who seemed to go above and beyond expections for all guests of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Surfside01
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Greetings Surfside01,

Thank you for bringing some of the California sunshine with you to Washington DC last week! It is great to hear that you were so pleased with our "above and beyond" service that we work hard to provide to all of our guests. Please shoot me an e-mail the next time you are planning to visit the Avenue Suites so I can work hard to make it as memorable as your first visit.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We have stayed for the past several years over memorial weekend at the former Washington Suites Georgetown and now at the Avenue Suites Georgetown. The updated Avenue suites is modern and relaxing. The rooms are suites and have a separate bedroom. There is a sitting area with pull out bed, and a full kitchen. They have a nice included breakfast. The best thing about the hotel is it's location. A short walk to the metro at Foggy Bottom gets you anywhere in DC. Walking 10 minutes the other direction towards Georgetown and you have all the shopping and dining. There is a Trader Joes across the street. This is a safe area great with a family!

Room Tip: We picked the deluxe room which i think is a better view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mahalo123
Mahalo123,

It always feels so great to get positive reviews from very experienced TripAdvisor travelers. I must agree that our location can't be beat and is a very safe part of the city for families and single travelers alike. Thank you for being such a loyal guest at both the Washington Suites and now the Avenue Suites. We are happy that we were able to receive such a great renovation and combine it with the stellar customer service of the Washington Suites.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best wishes,