“I'll never stay anywhere else”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #8 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Thanks to other TripAdvisor reviewers, I found this hotel for a mother/daughter trip to DC. First of all, it was very convenient, just a few short blocks from the Metro, so getting in from the airport was easy and getting around town was easy as well. Loved the location; we spent a fun night wandering around Georgetown but it was also close enough for a good walk to the White House. The room itself was spotless and more like an apartment than a hotel room. We had a full working kitchen, a large living room and a separate bedroom with two beds. The staff was very friendly and most helpful. Especially when my corkscrew broke off mid-way through the cork, threatening to take the happy out of happy hour. But the front desk crew came to the rescue and restored our good spirits. If I had any complaints, they would have to do with my own peculiarities as I found the bed too firm for me and the traffic noise too loud when I opened the window for fresh air at night. Neither of these issues would detract from the Excellent rating I give this hotel. It met our needs perfectly and I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I visit DC. Thank you, Avenue Suites staff for all of your help.

Room Tip: Next time, I'll ask for a room at the back, not on the Pennsylvania Ave side as the traffic nois...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

KB1955,

We are happy to hear that you got back to Beantown safely and have taken the time to fill out a TripAdvisor review about your time here at the Avenue Suites. It makes us feel so great when experienced travelers are impressed with our property as well as our fantastic staff. We were happy to rescue your bottle of wine and ensure your happy hour went off without a hitch! Please reach out to me at the e-mail address below so we can block you in a perfect room on your next visit.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I'm a frequent visitor to DC and have now put Avenue Suites at the top of my hotel list. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, all complete with kitchens and nice contemporary decor. But most importantly to me -- the rooms are quiet. I always get a great night's sleep. The location can't be beat if you want to be near Georgetown; it's also not a far walk to the Foggy Bottom metro and GWU campus. But what really sold me on this place is the attentive and friendly staff. The service is impeccable. Although seldom are there any problems, our coffee maker didn't work upon arrival last time we visited. However, within minutes of my call to the front desk, a manager came up to investigate and a replacement coffee maker was delivered 5 minutes later. My only reluctance in writing this review is that I would love to keep this place a secret! Hate to think that Avenue Suites might be booked next time I call for a reservation!

Carolyn L,

We love impressing frequent DC travelers who are now planning to return! It is fantastic to hear that word of the Avenue Suites has reached Kentucky and that you took the time to tell all of our TripAdvisor friends about your enjoyable visit with us. While we love the publicity, keeping us a secret is not an issue and urge you to reach out to me directly so we can work together on your next visits. Please call me at the number below so we can start planning right away!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

You can't beat the location, price and space of this hotel but a couple of things annoyed me.
First, the sitting area and the bedroom were nice and modern but the bathroom and kitchen weren't updated. Second, I know this is picky but No high def TV? I would probably stay here again if I needed to be in the Georgetown area because the staff was very helpful and it's within walking distance to all the shops/restaurants in GTown.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

ZoeyBz,

We love all feedback about the Avenue Suites, both negative and positive, as it gives us great opportunities to grow and work towards our goal of perfection. Thank you for praising our great location, affordable prices, and beautiful public space. I would, however, love to talk about the negatives in more detail and invite you back personally for a return visit. Please reach out to me at the phone number below so we can discuss your stay a little bit further.

Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you soon,

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I haven't stayed at your hotel yet, but it sounds wonderful from the very complimentary reviews that have been posted. Since I'll be spending much more time in DC in the near future, but have an apartment already in Georgetown, I will highly recommend your hotel to my family and friends who will be traveling regularly to DC and asking the inevitable question "Where should I stay?". It's impressive that you respond to all the reviews; that's a near certain
way to win new business, and do a fantastic job in the social media/branding/marketing realm. I appreciate your effort, and I haven't even been there LOL!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank lulu55

lulu55,

I am quite honored that you took the time to write such a great survey about our TripAdvisor page. Frankly, if our guests take time out of their day to write unbiased feedback to fellow travelers, the least we can do is to reply and thank them for doing so. Stop by some time the next time you are in the area so I can show you around our hotel and look at some of our large guest rooms. Please use my e-mail address below so that we can contact each other directly for all future visits for friends and family.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

A friend and I just checked out of the Avenue Suites this AM and the experience has prompted me to write my very first TripAdvisor review. Please let me add my kudos to those written below. We received outstanding service, a huge, clean and very comfortable room, and three great nights' sleep. Honestly, our room (408) had to have been the quietest city hotel room either of us had stayed in. The location is truly ideal--a few quick blocks to the Foggy Bottom metro, and half a block to the Trader Joe's and CVS. It's also walkable to the waterfront, canal and main streets of Georgetown (though if you do a lot of shopping, you'll want to take a cab back!). Thierry, Karam, and Seck all deserve special mention for their incredible customer service and welcoming personalities. I can't wait to return to Avenue Suites with my family when my kids are ready to tour DC. Thank you!

Room Tip: Our room in the back was very quiet!
1  Thank Lisa F

Lisa F,

We love to hear that the Avenue Suites is responsible for you writing your very first TripAdvisor review. It truly is a great way to get unbiased feedback from fellow travelers about both hotels and restaurants all over the world. I have passed your kudos onto Thierry, Karam, and Seck who were so gracious to hear that they were able to make such a lasting impression on you and your friend. I have provided my phone number below so that both of you can reach out to me directly the next time you would like to join us again here at the Avenue Suites.

Thanks again and welcome to TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Over the years I have stayed at this hotel, previously known as Washington Suites and indeed it has come to feel like a home away from home. This is especially so when the weather is bleak and dreary compared to the great all year round weather in the tropics where I hail from.
Right from the moment you walk in the customer service at the front desk is great. The suites have a bedroom and a living room and fully equipped kitchen. The living room seat is also convertible into a bed hence if you have more company there is ample room.
The location is walking distance to the restaurants in George Town and within reach of a traders Joes supermarket as well as a whole foods which is located at the Foggy Bottom metro (two blocks or so away).
I prefer higher level floors (but avoid the top most 10 ) as they are away from the noise of passing cars.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Njere,

It is so wonderful to hear that you have been one of our loyal guests from the days of Washington Suites. We are elated that you are happy with our new renovation and continue to return frequently. While our hotel looks different, our standards and service have also been altered to work towards a goal of perfection. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below so I can make sure you continue to have memorable visits with us here at the Avenue Suites.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Just stayed there last night, 3/18/2013. Very new, modern, HUGE room - it counts as a large studio suite. Very nice bathroom. Kitchen is just a microwave and coffee maker. But has a half fridge. Only thing I didn't like it the room didn't have blackout curtains like most hotels - wood blinds instead.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK, inexpensive, but limited offerings

I'd go back in a second

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank abensteinjp
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

abensteinjp,

Nicest hotel in Wahington DC. - thank you for such a memorable compliment! Our rooms are indeed apartment-sized and are convenient for both families and single travelers alike. While you stayed in one room type, others have full kitchens which I would be happy to block you in on your next visit. In fact, please e-mail me at the address below so that I can make sure your return visit is extra special.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,