“Great Stay - Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #10 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Holmdel, New Jersey
“Great Stay - Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We were planning a trip to DC and were looking for enough room for a family of 5. Many other options limited to 4 guests, so had considered staying outside the city. I came across good reviews for Avenue Suits and we booked at a reasonable rate compared to other options. From the moment we walked in the door I understood the many great reviews. The staff made every effort to make our stay comfortable and feel like we were valued. The room was very spacious, exactly what we were looking for. The rooms have a separate living room area with fold out couch. The room was very comfortable and clean. It was great to have a kitchen and Trader Joe's across the street. We were able to buy some basic items, like breakfast cereals and milk for the kids, that made the morning that much simpler for our somewhat picky eaters. The hotel is convenient in its location between Georgetown and the many monuments/museums that we planned on visiting. Only negative was having to pay to valet park only but that should be expected in a city hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel for great value and excellent service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Laureljoe,

Thank you for your recent visit and wonderful review. I am thrilled that after looking at all the options in the city for your family trip, you decided on Avenue suites. I appreciate your comments about our location, amenities and most importantly the service provide by my team. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Avenue Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We took our two young children to D.C. over Veteran's Day. The staff were excellent and the room was wonderful. The kitchen makes the unit very family friendly and there was plenty of room for two little ones to run around. The hotel was within walking distance to the White House and Memorial Park. There is also a Trader Joes, Papa Johns, Subway and amazing Thai Restaurant across the street. I highly recommend this hotel, our stay nothing short of wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel, the back rooms you will be looking at an alley.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jenna M,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay at Avenue Suites. I appreciate your comments about the convenience of having a full kitchen in your guestroom, our location, amenities and most importantly the friendly service provide by my team. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and we grateful for highly recommending us to your friends and family.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very very nice and clean. Also it is located bedside the Georgetown shops and you could have a lots of fun in Georgetown. The staff are great and nice. My stay at this hotel was a great experience I would share with all my friends. It gave me more than I expected.
The suite is very big and comfortable. I love the sofa in the living room and bed is so comfortable. If I have more time, I would like to stay longer. It was just so nice.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Jun L,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations regarding cleanliness, location and service. I am delighted to learn that you will be sharing your experience with all your friends. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon for a longer stay!

virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed only one night at Avenue Suites, but wished we could have stayed longer. The Suites are sooooo spacious and very clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend it. Convenient to the National Mall and the Kennedy Center.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank camkbm
Dear camkbm,

Thank you for your review. I delighted that your one night stay was so wonderful and that you found our suites to be spacious, clean and comfortable. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon for a longer stay and thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends.

Houston, Texas, United States

5. About 5 mins walk to Foggy Bottom metro station
6. And not to mention, perfect suite, spacious with kitchen
7. Newly renovated hotel as overall
8. Friendly staff !!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms has windows, but if you can have room facing the front street, it's quite us...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Welly S,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations regarding our location, proximity to Trader Joe’s, spacious suites and kitchens and most importantly friendly staff. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back from Houston (my home-town) very soon.

Fort Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

The staff here is very pleasant. The rooms are setup like a timeshare. We had two rooms, one had a bedroom, living room and small kitchen with refrigerator, stove, dishes, etc., and was carpeted. The second room was one big room with the bed, a bar area, microwave, mini-fridge and wood floors. It appeared to be handicap accessible although we did not need or ask for this type of room. The location is great for visiting the Georgetown area and the metro is not too far away. As other people have said, the shower head was amazing and the amenities were L'OCCITANE. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the room that has a separate bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear d2davis,

Thank you for your review. I glad that you enjoyed our location, spacious suites with full kitchens, rain shower heads and L’Occitane bath amenities. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back from Texas.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Zuhair, the guest services manager, was 5-star level in how he responded when I mentioned during checkout that we did not have working DTV service during our stay (which prevented us from enjoying the Ravens/Steelers matchup on Thanksgiving evening).

Also special mention for Seck at the front desk for his warmth and consideration regarding our need to check in early so that we could have time to be on time for our Thanksgiving dinner reservation. He and Zuhair set the example for the rest of the staff.

There was one other front desk person who failed in this regard when we first arrived, but we were fortunate to deal with Seck after she left duty on the day of our arrival.

Also special mention for the porter, who was really pleasant.

Regarding physical aspects of the room; the heating system provides heat normally, but it is very loud - too loud to sleep, so bring good earplugs. I always bring earplugs in case I am in a noisy place, so I was able to sleep on this trip, but it bothered my companion.

I may be more sensitive than average to sound, but IMHO, the walls could be a bit better soundproofed, (so that is another reason in particular to bring earplugs), and we were able to hear the guests' child playing in the adjacent room.

We stayed in one of the newer rooms.

Overall, this was a good value and the staff are really nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear E S,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to learn that Zuhair provided you with 5 star and that he was able to address the issue regarding the TV reception. I am also glad that Mr. Seck was able to provide you with an early check-in so that you could enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back from NYC.