“Terrific in so many ways” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

and 1 more site!
Ranked #9 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrific in so many ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Just enjoyed a three-night stay at Avenue Suites with my wife on a getaway long weekend. Everything about this hotel was done right. Warm and inviting greeting at the reception area. Staff made special efforts to give us a nice room on an upper floor. The room was spacious, clean, well-decorated, the king size bed comfortable. It became a place we just loved to return to. The kitchen lacked nothing and enabled us to enjoy breakfasts in our rooms. Having a Trader Joe's across the street and a Metro station close by were additional important benefits. Easy proximity to Georgetown also a plus. We never left the hotel or returned to it without receiving very warm greetings from staff. We can't wait to return.

1 Thank Hofer85
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Hofer85,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled to learn that your long weekend getaway with your wife was so enjoyable. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our location, amenities and most importantly about our staff. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back from Boston very soon.

Avenue Suites Georgetown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

i was given a king suite and I highly recommend if you are planning to do some work in the hotel and/or receiving some visits. you also have a small kitchenette that may come in handy for that purpose.
The location is great. there aren´t any shops or supermarkets around though

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear susana P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am delighted to learn that you highly recommend us based on your experience. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back from Valencia very soon.

Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our experience here started off on the wrong foot.

Although we've booked (through booking.com) a "king suite", when we arrived they told us that because the hotel is almost full we can only choose between a "standard king" or a "queen suite".

The room was quite chilly so we tried to turn the heating on but that didn't work. When we told them, they explained that "the hotel is using a one pipe system - either only heating or only AC in the entire hotel - which now is in a neutral position because the weather is normal". Outside there were only 3 degrees Celsius (37 Fahrenheit). However, a friendly girl from the reception helped us get a radiator.

We bought some groceries for breakfast but next morning when we woke up we had another unpleasant surprise: no cutlery in our kitchenette.

The doors are very old and we could here a lot of noise from the other rooms, especially at 8 am when the maid was cleaning the room next to us.

Despite all the above, I'm still rating this hotel with 3 stars thanks to the big size of the rooms and to the friendly and helpful staff.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear neaOvy,

Thank you for your recent visit and your review. I was disappointed to learn that your experience with us started on the wrong foot and that there was confusion with your booking.com reservation and for the issues regarding the temperature in your guestroom and noise from the room next door. I am however delighted that the service provided by my team and that size or our rooms made up for these inconveniences. Kindly contact me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss the details of your stay and to ensure your satisfaction.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Great location, close to Georgetown and the Mall. 3 stations to smithsonian, 300 meters to metro station. Very comfortable spacious room queen superior. Just loved it!

The staff just ignores you, whatever, we had a great time! Cleaning was not consistent etiher. No grocery shops or big supermarkets around, we had to rush to West Virginia to buy a Christmas present for our kid.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Lebina,

Thank you for spending New Year’s Eve with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and the size of the suite. I am disappointed about the experience you had with the team. This truly is not indicative of the service we are known for. I welcome the opportunity to connect privately so that I can get further details regarding your stay. On behalf of my team we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back and show you the type of service that keeps so many guests coming back.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I really enjoyed there , the location is amazing ,room was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly.I really recommend this hotel and if I come next time avenue suits will be my choice definitely.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alanoud A,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that the location, room size and service had so much to do with your satisfaction. I am also delighted to know that you will not only definitely return but also recommend us! On behalf of my team we look forward to your return visit from Riyadh.

State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My SI and I stayed for 4 nights at this all suites hotel. Exceptional price @ $112/night from their website. 650 sq ft which includes bedroom, living room, full kitchen, powder room and bathroom. Very comfortable. Great location. Foggy bottom Metro about 3-4 blocks away. Trader Joes across the street. Breakfast is not included and is a la carte. Several very good restaurants within 5 min walk. Our suite faced Pennsylvania Ave and was rather noisy at night but doable. Some items are a bit worn such as burn marks on kitchen counter. Only 4 stars because the walls are not sound proof. I heard our neighbor every time he sneezed! Will definitely stay here again in the Spring however because it is a great value for DC!

Room Tip: Suites not facing Pennsylvania Ave may be quieter.
Dear DilTheExplorer,

Thank you for your recent 4 night stay and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that your stay was so satisfactory and that you enjoyed the size of your suite, amenities and great location. I do apologize about the noise issues you described and hope that this was not a big inconvenience. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Pennsylvania.

Binyamina, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We arrived early and checked in immediately.
We had a one bedroom apartment overlooking the back yard and very quiet.
The apartment was spacious and included all that is necessary for a good stay.
The staff was extremely helpful and attentive.
Washington subway is a 5 minutes pleasant walk away.
What more can someone ask for?
I find this hotel better than the Four Seasons 2 blocks away or the Melrose next door.

Room Tip: The "beck yard" rooms seems more quiet than those facing Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Danny M,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your experience.
I appreciate your comments about the size of your suite, amenities, location and most importantly about the attentiveness of my team. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to your return visit from Israel.

Warmest regards