“perfect hotel for exploring DC”

Ranked #7 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Our suite was roomy and comfortable. The price was better than other choices in the area. We were traveling with friends and the "living room" was perfect for all of us to enjoy a drink and appetizers before we went out for dinner. The neighborhood was convenient. Trader Joe's across the street. We walked to Georgetown, the park along the Potomac, the Kennedy Center, Dupont Circle and Rock Creek Park. We found a lot of restaurants close by. And the subway at Foggy Bottom took us to Capitol Hill and the Mall. Service at the hotel was friendly and prompt (including the valet).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear JR48,

Thank you for your recent visit from Charlotte. I am delighted that your stay was perfect. I appreciate your wonderful comments about our location, spacious rooms and most importantly our service. I am also glad that you found the living room in your suite perfect for meeting your friends for cocktails and appetizers before heading out to dinner. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return trip!

There are newer reviews for Avenue Suites Georgetown

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Avenue Suites is a lovely hotel close to the Kennedy Center and Georgetown. They have recently renovated and changed the name so it is like a new hotel. The rooms are very spacious and the decor is urban chic, very clean and quiet. Beds are really comfortable, bathroom has two sinks with large dressing area, so it was great for our girls get away. Sleeps 4 easily and was large enough for all of us to get ready at the same time! Staff is great, front desk is super friendly and the location is ideal. I will stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear readytogobaby,

Thank you for your recent visit. I am delighted that your stay was so memorable. I appreciate your comments about our location, spacious rooms, cleanliness and most importantly our service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

A very big clean suite, including a large kitchen that you might actually use if you were a family. Otherwise, you wish that space came as a larger bathroom. Hotel needs updating and the service is erratic -- not indifferent but not very efficient.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank bruce b

Dear bruce b,

Thank you for your recent visit. I am glad that you found our rooms to be big and clean and our kitchens convenient for a family trip. I am however surprised about your feedback regarding the service you experienced. I would be grateful if you could kindly contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get further details regarding your stay.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Joined our extended family and were offered end rooms that closed off which was great for the young kids and the rest of the hotel guest. Full kitchens were great, trade Joes and whole foods steps away. Gym was small but equipment modern and good TV selections. Rooms are large with all you need for long or short term stay. Staff was EXCELLENT! Happy, helpful and a pleasure to interact with. Great property at a great price!

Room Tip: faccing the rear of building is more peaceful
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stoweboard,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to learn that you found our hotel perfect for your family get together. I appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our location, amenities and excellent service. On behalf of my team we forward to your return visit from Williamsburg.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I never dreamed I'd stay in a luxury hotel on my budgeted, travel, expenses. I was Wrong! I can now say I have had the pleasure of staying at Avenue Suites LUXURY Hotel. It's near EVERYTHING! One short ride from the airport, and you're there. Comfort, friendliness, cleanliness, and to boot, AFFORDABLE! Great Hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anita J

Dear Anita J,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I appreciate your comments regarding our location, amenities, great value and service. On behalf of my team we forward to your return visit from Chicago.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Let me start out by saying that staying in a hotel in DC is super weird for me because I lived there for more than 20 years. But I'm renting out my apartment, and I had a business trip, so there you are.

Originally, the company flying me to DC made a reservation for me at Georgetown Suites, but after looking at the reviews on TripAdvisor, I switched to Avenue Suites Georgetown. I'm SO glad I did.

I must have walked by this hotel a million times, but I honestly never noticed it. It's a hop and a skip from Georgetown and Dupont Circle both, as well as a Trader Joe's -- which is handy, since there is a full kitchen in the room. It's probably a 10-minute walk from the subway (Dupont Circle, which is red line, or Foggy Bottom, which is orange/blue) as well as the heart of Georgetown, so the location is very convenient.

I honestly was shocked at 1) how big the suite was, and 2) how inexpensive it was. It was $200 on a Thursday night. I also liked having the full kitchen, and bought something to eat and drink for the morning so I didn't have to leave the room (or pay a lot for room service).

The staff was super nice -- and another nice thing is that when my wake-up call didn't happen, they noticed and manually called. (Of course, I had set my phone as well, but it's always nice to have a back up.)

Anyway, I'm not sure how often I'll be going to DC right now, but I'd stay here in a heartbeat, and I think it very much deserves its high ranking here on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear krystynlo,

Thank you for your return trip to DC. I am delighted that you decided to stay with us after reading our Trip Advisor guest reviews and elated to learn that we didn’t disappoint you. I appreciate your comments regarding our location, amazing value and most importantly our service. On behalf of my team we forward to your return visit from New Jersey.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Although the weather was cold, the welcome warmed us throughout our stay. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Our daughter said the sofa bed was comfortable as well.
The room was quiet (it was a weekend).
We had wine and a delicious flatbread at A Bar the first night.
Trader Joe's is very convenient for getting snacks, and we found the location of the hotel very convenient. The valet parking was worth the price, given the cold weather. Staff were friendly and helpful. Great experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JPSR

Dear JPSR,

Thank you for your visit and for your review. I am thrilled to know that our welcome warmed you throughout your stay and that you and your family enjoyed our beds, location and service. On behalf of my team we forward to your return visit from New Jersey.