“Very Friendly”

Ranked #9 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Middlebury, Vermont
“Very Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the Avenue Suites for four nights last week and had a very good experience. I don't know when I have liked a front desk staff better. Every single one was friendly and warm as well as competent. We were there during a big blizzard, and the hotel handled the challenges (snow removal, etc.) with efficiency and good grace. The location is excellent. You can easily walk to M Street in Georgetown, with all its shops and restaurants. The room was spacious and comfortable--great kitchen, pleasant sitting room, nice bathroom, comfortable bed, dependable free wifi. My only beef would be the color scheme. While I recognize the care that was taken in choosing the decor, everything was a dark beige/nearly taupe color. I find beige very dreary, but someone else might find it warm. Apart from that, we loved the hotel and will return soon.

Room Tip: We liked the view over Pennsylvania Avenue, but if you want quiet you'll prefer the back. It loo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear JMA07,

Thank you for your recent four night stay and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to learn how much you liked our front desk staff. I also appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your accommodations, room amenities, and convenient location.
On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return very soon,

Avenue Suites Georgetown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for three nights for the long weekend. Overall, we really enjoyed the stay. The suites were big and comfortable, with comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, a full kitchen and dining table. We were on the 9th floor, too, so the view of Pennsylvania Avenue was very nice. The service was very friendly and accommodating as well. The location was stellar -- a five minute walk to Georgetown, literally across the street from a Trader Joes, and convenient to Foggy Bottom and central to other parts of DC. A few cons: there is no real thermostat. The rooms are set to either "heat" or "AC," and because it is winter, only the heat was on. So we weren't able to adjust the temperature in the room, other than to blast the heat. I called and asked them about it, and was told that we could open the window if we were too hot. So we spent the nights either with the window open (and freezing), or with the window closed and boiling. That brings me to my second con -- the noise. We opened the window, but even without that, there was a LOT of noise from Pennsylvania avenue. I ended up having to sleep using my White Noise app on the iphone. Overall: a great hotel and a real bang for your buck. But if you are temperature or noise sensitive, you might have some issues.

Room Tip: Our room facing Pennsylvania avenue was very noisy. But the high floor (9) gave us a nice view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank happycat15
Dear Pamela S,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that the accommodations, amenities, service and location all met your expectations. I do apologize about the issues with the temperature controls in your guest room and hope that this issue has not marred your overall impression of our hotel. Kindly contact me directly should you wish to further discuss the details of your stay.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

The Avenue Suites was clean and very spacious. The beds were very comfortable. The kitchen was perfect for breakfast and snack. The attendants in the front were more than helpful I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear travel_swim_girl77,

Thank you for your recent visit from Philadelphia. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the size of your suite, cleanliness, fully equipped kitchen and friendly service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return trip!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Our suite was roomy and comfortable. The price was better than other choices in the area. We were traveling with friends and the "living room" was perfect for all of us to enjoy a drink and appetizers before we went out for dinner. The neighborhood was convenient. Trader Joe's across the street. We walked to Georgetown, the park along the Potomac, the Kennedy Center, Dupont Circle and Rock Creek Park. We found a lot of restaurants close by. And the subway at Foggy Bottom took us to Capitol Hill and the Mall. Service at the hotel was friendly and prompt (including the valet).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JR48,

Thank you for your recent visit from Charlotte. I am delighted that your stay was perfect. I appreciate your wonderful comments about our location, spacious rooms and most importantly our service. I am also glad that you found the living room in your suite perfect for meeting your friends for cocktails and appetizers before heading out to dinner. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return trip!

richmond, virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Avenue Suites is a lovely hotel close to the Kennedy Center and Georgetown. They have recently renovated and changed the name so it is like a new hotel. The rooms are very spacious and the decor is urban chic, very clean and quiet. Beds are really comfortable, bathroom has two sinks with large dressing area, so it was great for our girls get away. Sleeps 4 easily and was large enough for all of us to get ready at the same time! Staff is great, front desk is super friendly and the location is ideal. I will stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear readytogobaby,

Thank you for your recent visit. I am delighted that your stay was so memorable. I appreciate your comments about our location, spacious rooms, cleanliness and most importantly our service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return trip!

philadelphia PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A very big clean suite, including a large kitchen that you might actually use if you were a family. Otherwise, you wish that space came as a larger bathroom. Hotel needs updating and the service is erratic -- not indifferent but not very efficient.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bruce b
Dear bruce b,

Thank you for your recent visit. I am glad that you found our rooms to be big and clean and our kitchens convenient for a family trip. I am however surprised about your feedback regarding the service you experienced. I would be grateful if you could kindly contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get further details regarding your stay.

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Joined our extended family and were offered end rooms that closed off which was great for the young kids and the rest of the hotel guest. Full kitchens were great, trade Joes and whole foods steps away. Gym was small but equipment modern and good TV selections. Rooms are large with all you need for long or short term stay. Staff was EXCELLENT! Happy, helpful and a pleasure to interact with. Great property at a great price!

Room Tip: faccing the rear of building is more peaceful
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Stoweboard,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to learn that you found our hotel perfect for your family get together. I appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our location, amenities and excellent service. On behalf of my team we forward to your return visit from Williamsburg.