“Finally a spacious, comfortable, affordable hotel for family!”

Ranked #17 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 13 March 2014

By far the nicest, friendliest, most helpful hotel staff I have ever encountered! I confirm the positives in previous reviews and want to add - 2 sinks in bathroom great for family, door from bedroom to living area, windows that open, literally steps from a bus stop and down the block from circulator bus stop, laundry room in basement, easy to hail a taxi, beautiful/safe neighborhood, car service that will provide transportation to and from destinations, quiet room at the end of the hall.
Cons - old stove/oven that made cooking meals a little difficult, inability to control switching from heat to AC, car service forgot to come pick us up once despite a reservation (leaving us stranding in downtown DC at 10:30PM) and was late once, bellman forgot to get us a taxi despite us speaking with him personally, sirens frequently because the hotel is near a hospital.
OVERALL A WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY! I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: A corner room is bigger with large windows.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank travelingfamily5
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear travelingfamily5,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you have finally found a hotel that is spacious, comfortable, affordable and family friendly. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back from Texas.

Avenue Suites Georgetown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,563)

994 - 1,000 of 1,563 reviews

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a great place to stay when visiting DC. The room was spacious and consisted of a living room and a separate bedroom and a kitchen. The front desk really goes out of their way to be welcoming and helpful. Good location about a 5-10 min walk from the Foggy Bottom Metro station. Located on Pennsylvania Ave so easy to hail a cab but also plenty of traffic noise outside, although this quieted down after rush hour. Really great value considering how expensive most hotels are in DC. The only thing unexpected and this is not an issue with the hotel is how far of a walk it is to Georgetown University. It looked much closer on the map. Although the hotel is just outside the Georgetown neighborhood and only 5-10 min from shopping, restaurants, etc, it was a 30 min often uphill walk to the campus. Staying in Rosalyn and taking the free campus shuttle might make more sense.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Domer90mom

Dear Domer90mom,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our amenities, location and service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The rooms are clean and spacious, the location is wonderful, so close to restaurants, whole foods, shopping center, a fab sports center blocks away, the staff is the most helpful and gracious of any hotel I have ever been. Highly recommend

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sandy S

Dear Sandy S,

Thank you for your visit and your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our clean, spacious rooms, wonderful location and helpful, gracious staff. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed for 9 days. It's a great location, close to metro and museums. The staff is extremely friendly and the room was great. If you're staying for an extended period of time I highly recommend this hotel, the kitchen came in handy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lauren S

Dear Lauren S,

Thank you for your recent 9 day stay and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our amenities, location and most of all the service that our team provided. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back from Florida.

Avenue Suites

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel is in Foggy Bottom, not Georgetown. That said, it's close to Georgetown and super convenient to everything. I chose this location (near GW campus) because I needed to spend equal amounts of time in D.C. and in VA. This hotel is only a few metro stops from Reagan national airport and is centrally located if you have things to do in different parts of the capital.

The front desk staff, mostly GW students, are the nicest, most helpful and genuine desk staff I have ever come across in a hotel. They made my stay, offering umbrellas when it rained, advice and help.

The decor (hollywood movie star photos) isn't my favorite and the rooms are a bit dark and slightly run down, but everything works and it's a great value. With full (but dark) kitchens and a Trader Joe's grocery store across the street and stores and restaurants of all levels everywhere in the area this hotel is perfect for those who like to make their own breakfast. Highly recommended for families and those staying for multiple days.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on street side as I like to see what's happening
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Gringacriolla

Dear Gringacriolla,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our amenities, location and most of all the service that our team provided. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back from sunny California.

Avenue Suites

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We spent two nights here in a very nice suite with Granny and three kids... There were two queen beds in the bedroom, and we had the sofa bed and a roll-out in the main room, and it worked fine. The kitchen was perfect for cooking breakfast, lunch or simple meals, there was a table to eat at, and a Trader Joes just over the road for easy shopping. Location is good for a short walk to the Whitehouse, the Mall, or Georgetown, and 5 mins from Foggy Bottom subway. Great value for a break away with kids, while still stylish and with very friendly service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Luke A
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Luke A,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to learn that you had a great family stay and that your suite accommodated everyone so well. Thank you for your comments regarding our wonderful amenities, convenient location and very friendly service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back from Brooklyn!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

When I first started looking at hotels for our DC trip, I found that the Avenue Suites were about $150 less expensive than other hotels in the area with similar star ratings. I wondered what could be wrong with this place. I took the chance and booked it anyway based on TripAdvisor reviews, and I was so glad I did! The service was spot-on from the time we arrived. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was on the 5th floor and overlooked Pennsylvania Avenue. There was traffic noise during the day, but it never bothered us at night. It also made for some interesting people watching. The room was spacious, and for the most part, very clean. The only exception (which is why I couldn't give it five stars) is that I found someone else's dirty shirt behind the bench in our bedroom. Eek! Overall, it was a wonderful experience, easy to get in and out of, and if we ever return to DC I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Chelsea H

Dear Chelsea H,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to learn that your decision to stay with us was based on the comments and reviews on Trip advisor. I appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our amazing value, great amenities, convenient location and friendly service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back from Northlake very soon.

Warmest regards,