“Great location, great staff, great choice!”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Toronto, Canada
“Great location, great staff, great choice!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We spent 3 nights in a Double Queen suite in early May. Right from the beginning, our experience was great. The reception staff are extremely helpful and friendly. We checked in on a Friday morning early with no problems, were offered a free yoga class on Saturday, and within 30 minutes of going up to our suite, Anya from reception called to see if everything was ok.

The suites are large with a full kitchen (which are in need of some updating, though). Large living room and dining room area, a flat screen TV in both the living room and the separate bedroom. Nice surprises in the bathroom included high-end L'Occitane toiletries and a rain shower head.

They have a lovely back patio, and little extras such as free newspapers and ice water in the lobby.

Location is great - close to Foggy Bottom/GWU metro station and just a few blocks to Georgetown. There are tons of shops and restaurants close by, a Trader Joe's across the street for groceries, and a bus stop close by to catch the Circulator bus. It is about a 20 minute walk to the Lincoln Memorial and DuPont Circle, and 30 minutes to the White House.

The free Saturday yoga was great, there's a little gym and the only thing missing was a pool. Otherwise, it would be just about perfect.

Why get a hotel room when you can get a suite? When choosing a place to stay, I came to a choice between the River Inn (also close by in Foggy Bottom) and Avenue Suites. Both had amazing reviews and unbeknownst to me at the time, they are both owned by Modus chain. Seems that either choice would have been fantastic. I well definitely come back to this hotel in my next visit to Washington.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Therichpeasant
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Therichpeasant,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that your stay was so satisfactory and that our accommodations, amenities, location, complimentary Yoga and service had so much to do with that. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return trip from Toronto.

Avenue Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oakland, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

For a quite reasonable price we got a large suite with a kitchen. The room was extraordinarily comfortable--room for a business meeting, lots of space to spread out. The kitchen had a coffee maker, microwave, stove, and toaster. There is a Trader Joes across the street so it is easy to stock the kitchen for breakfast, lunch and late night snacks. Lots of good restaurants in the neighborhood for dinner. As other reviews have pointed out, the staff are fantastic. And there is a court outside where you can work or read—very comfortable.

The only down-sides I would point out: 1) The restaurant in the hotel closes at 9 and the bar at 10, both too early for us to have sampled them. 2) We were in room 207, and there is a pump nearby that cycles on and off (not at night, thankfully) which is a little annoying.

I would definitely go back, and at this year's price, I wouldn't look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank alanterra
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear alanterra,
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your experience and that the service provided by my team had so much to do with that. On behalf of everyone at Avenue we look forward to your return visit from California.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer, they were amazing. Perfect for a family. Rooms are huge with a full kitchen. Modern hotel rooms that were very nice and clean. Kitchen, not so much but I didn't care it was just nice to have! Great location in a lovely neighborhood with grocery stores, restaurants and shopping all nearby.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank blondeinwi99
Dear blondeinwi99,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I appreciate your comments about our staff, room size and amenities, cleanliness and location. On behalf of my team we look forward to your return visit from Ohio.
Highland Mills, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for a weekend in May 2014 and can say this hotel is a real gem! From the moment we got there the staff was engaged with us to be sure our needs were met and exceeded. The room was spotless, huge with a patio and very quiet. Mosha at the front desk gets our thanks for her patience, cheerfulness and knowledge...she really hit the mark on every suggestion and we are very grateful for the time she gave us. We would definitely return and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Room 123 had a private patio and very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank nametaken75
Dear nametaken75,

Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to know that your enjoyed our accommodations, amenities and service. I will be certain to share your comments with Masho regarding her service. On behalf of my team, look forward to welcoming you back from NY very soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week in February because I had to have surgery at the hospital nearby. They gave us a very fair rate and the suite was very large with a bedroom w a King bed, living room, kitchen and bathroom. The view was nice and each and every one of the staff members went out of the way for us. The doorman always helped me into the taxi from my wheel chair or crutches and was so sweet. Anya and Kyle, 2 of the front desk associates even sent a bouquet of flowers up to my room to cheer me up after my surgery. This is a nice location, real close to the metro and lots of great dining choices. Thank you Avenue Suites for going that extra step in making on our stay a good one even thought we were there for a not so fun surgery. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank DeniseAndDennis
Dear DeniseAndDennis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in February. I am thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your stay and how the team made every effort to ensure that you were taken care of after your surgery. I am also thrilled that you are doing better and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Newton, MA
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We loved this hotel! The location is great (close to the airport and close to Georgetown and close to a Metro station). The rooms are good, especially for a family of four! The only downside is that there are not enough drawers for a family of four.

The people who run the front desk are very helpful and the kids and I loved coming back at 5 PM for chocolates and champagne!!!!

The fully stocked kitchen (dishes, glasses, pots, etc) was great. We saved time and money by having breakfast in our room every morning and having Trader Joe's across the street was fabulous.

Can't wait to come back again!

Our room has two queen beds in one room with a bathroom, a living room with an eating area, desk and TV and sofa and then the fully stocked kitchen!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank weitzmansf
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear weitzmansf,

Thank you for your recent stay and for loving our hotel! I am thrilled to learn how much you enjoyed our location, amenities and most importantly our service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is an ideal example of a fantastic apartment in a great location and fully deserves its high rating. Situated in a residential area with good restaurants and cafes everywhere, close to the Metro and only 10 minutes' walk from the Georgetown shopping and restaurant area. As everybody has said, the apartments are fully equipped with a separate kitchen, large bedroom and lounge area, plus a bathroom that is split into two sections. Very good air conditioning, great bar and eatery downstairs, friendly desk staff. Cannot fault this hotel and would always return here when in Washington. Recommend asking for a room at the back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WalkersWA
Dear WalkersWA,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back from Australia very soon.