“Avenue Suites Georgetown”

Ranked #9 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Maryland Line, Maryland
“Avenue Suites Georgetown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had an excellent weekend stay at the Avenue Suites. I had a feeling that those in charge of the hotel really cared about the guests and wanted to make sure the stay was memorable. The apartment where I stayed was new and spacious. It had two large flat TVs, a king size bed in the room and a sofabed in the living room, ideal to accommodate a family with kids. The kitchen was very clean with a full size refrigerator and the right small appliances needed for your cooking. Most importantly, the staff was very polite, always addressing the guests by name, which really made a difference. In general, Avenue Suites is an excellent hotel in my opinion, very convenient location near banks, restaurants, market (Trader Joes is just half a block), and a walking distance to Georgetown and Washington Harbor.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nicer view to Foggy Bottom and Georgetown area
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Adriano L,

Thank you for spending your weekend with us. I appreciate your wonderful comments about our amenities, cleanliness, location and most importantly our service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Avenue Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Middletown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Front desk staff could not have been nicer or more helpful from the moment we arrived up through and including our departure. This held true with the bar and restaurant staff that we encountered as well. Large clean suites along with the terrific staff made for a great stay.

1 Thank Tint5
Dear Tint5,

Thank you for your recent visit. I am happy to learn that we exceeded your expectations from the moment you arrived until your departure. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The suites are really spacious with a living room, a dining table and a fully equipped kitchen. So we (family with two grown up kids) felt really comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Many places of interest are in a walking distance from the suites. If we visit Washington a second time we will definitely book these suites again.

Room Tip: suites with two queen size beds are perfect for families (up to 4 persons)
1 Thank Tina4B
Dear Tina4B,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our spacious suites, amenities, service and location. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

If there is a better place to stay in DC, it doesn’t matter to me!!
These guys understand hospitality…..beginning with an attitude that the guest experience is top priority. I made a couple of special requests by email of the manager (Zuhair Omer) They were answered promptly and fulfilled without hesitation.
Upon our arrival we met Seck at the front desk….this man immediately makes you feel like he has been waiting on you and is genuinely glad you’re there! All the staff was eager to please and their smiles were contagious. We were greeted by name every time we entered and asked if we needed anything.
The Hotel ambiance is Hollywood sheik with a modern feel. A cozy common area but not crowded and a well stocked bar that was always staffed. The outdoor seating was roomy comfortable and clean.
Our room was a king suite with a full kitchen, we had everything we needed to make our week stay with two kids very comfortable.
This was a vacation that also included our wedding anniversary. One of the hotel staff members (Izzy) was excited to help plan our anniversary dinner and help my wife surprise me with a romantic candlelight desert outside. It was the most personal service I have ever received from any Hotel.
There are several resturants close by and the Metro is less than a ten minute walk.

If you’re planning a trip to DC, don’t sell this place short. It may be small but they make up for it in a really big way…….service!

Room Tip: We chose the king suite, the kids slept on the sofa bed. The housekeeping staff made the bad and ne...
1 Thank 2Travelingforfun
Dear 2Travelingforfun,

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am thrilled to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and most importantly how much the service provided by Omer, Seck, Izzy and the rest of the team had to do with your satisfaction. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to your return visit from Texas.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Avenues Suites always lives up to its reputation of being a 2nd home to its guests as that is exactly what it is, with a spacious living room and fully equipped kitchen. The facilities are great as one can prepare one's own meals (always a good option to have) and the staff were always friendly and helpful. Mine was an early checkin after a Transatlantic flight, and I found the hotel expecting me with my key already cut so the checkin was very quick! I did have a problem with a noisy neighbor playing loud music in the middle of the night, but this was effectively dealt with once brought to the attention of the hotel Front Desk. I always stay at The Avenues when I am in DC, and I will be back....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ndabezinhle M
Dear Ndabezinhle M,

Thank you for making Avenue Suites your second home! I am delighted that we continue to live up to your expectations and that the service provided by the team has so much to do with that. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to your return visit from Johannesburg.

Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The front desk set the stage for a great experience at this hotel. We arrived very late after a difficult evening. The two staff members at the desk did everything possible to get us quickly situated and make us feel very welcome. The location was close enough to Metro and bike share that we had no difficulty getting to our appointments the following morning. The availability of on-street parking was also not a problem at that late hour. The room was spacious and well suited for our short stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Elizabeth23,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to learn that our front desk colleagues were able to set the stage for a great experience and that you enjoyed our amenities and location. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

So, it was a good place, don't get me wrong. However, for the amount we paid (over $400) I would have expected a little better quality place. The lobby and the room were average hotel rooms. The bathroom, however was really not good. The shower fixtures were broken, and the nozzle was hanging off the ceiling. The elevators smelled like vomit, and were shaky. On the bright side, the staff were VERY friendly, and helpful. We were always greeted with a smile and a "hello" when we came in. The bar area were nice, and the bartenders were very friendly, albeit not very knowledgeable. So, all in all, it was a good place to rest your head, but not really worth the money we paid for it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike A
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Mike A,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your review. I am disappointed to learn that we failed to exceed your expectations. I appreciate your feedback regarding the issues you encountered and will make certain they get addressed immediately. I am glad to know that the service provided by my team was the highlight of your stay as this is a big aspect of the overall experience. Thank you for sharing your comments. It is only through feedback like yours that we can continue to improve our product and services. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit so we can regain your confidence and turn you into one of our loyal guests.