“Great Hotel for a large family”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #17 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

On our recent vacation we traveled quiet a bit and had a hard time find hotels for a 5 person family these rooms were amazing and at a great price! Maybe the best our whole trip only down side no pool and it is a little hard to find out how to park to check in But other than that great service and wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Brandi M
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Brandi M,

Thank you for spending your family vacation with us! I am glad that our suites were spacious enough to accommodate your family of 5. I do apologize about our lack of a pool but glad that this did not deter from your overall experience and enjoyment. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Memphis!

Diego Heredia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,584)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is very modern decorated. Rooms are spacy and the staff is more than friendly. Unfortunately a big group had a party in the restaurant and a few members were talking in the adjacent lobby. That was quite hearable in our rooms. Next evening we discovered the doors halfway the coridor which we closed and this solved the problem.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Al W

Dear AI W,

Thank you for your recent visit. I apologize for the noise issue you experienced due to the large group but delighted to know that it did not deter from your overall experience and enjoyment. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Delft!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a really good stay here. Checked in a few hours too early but this was no problem - rather the opposite. Ther room we had booked was actually not ready but they solved this by upgrading us to a really nice suite.

Throughout our stay, the staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. You got the feeling that they really enjoyed their work. Good location too. Very close to Georgetown and the subway.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andreas H

Dear Andreas H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit. I am thrilled to learn that we were able to accommodate your early arrival and that this really set the tone for your entire stay. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Sweden!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

everything about this hotel could not be better.location was ideal turn right and you are heading for all the amazing sights and attractions Washington has to offer.you can either walk or take the metro[ foggy bottom station a few minutes away ]turn left and you are in Georgetown with bars and restaurants to suit everybody.hotel was clean and safe.large rooms.and best of all the staff could not have been more helpful nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank john m

Dear John m,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your wonderful comments. I am delighted to learn that your stay was perfect! On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I stayed here in July for 4 nights and just loved it here. It was just what we needed from a space aspect and had the kitchen which we utilized daily. There is a Trader Joe's across the street which was perfect for filling our fridge with breakfast items and drinks. The town itself is a short 5 minute walk away with many restaurant options and the famous DC Cupcakes!!
The staff here are very friendly and accommodating and "Seck" was so helpful on arrival at check in.
Our suite was very spacious and kept clean daily. It was nice to have a separate sink area outside of the bathroom, especially having 4 people sharing.
Overall we would stay here again, great location not far from metro stop and town. A hit with my family!

Room Tip: Higher floor if possible
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gottogonow34

Dear gottogonow34,

Thank you for your recent visit with your family. I am thrilled to learn how much your enjoyed your stay and that the service provided by my team had so much to do with that. I will make certain that Seck is recognized for being so helpful during your arrival. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from California!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and could not have been happier. When I started looking for DC accommodation I was feeling a bit defeated as to the daily rates and happened upon the Avenue Suites on TA at an average rate of $150/night and not just for a room -for a suite. I was a bit apprehensive until we pulled up in front when the concierge rushed out and whisked our bags away for us. The reception staff couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming. It all seemed too good to be true and then we opened the door to our suite! We were totally amazed- modern nicely decorated and furnished with a good size lounge, huge bedroom, full kitchen, huge powder room outside a nice bathroom. Wow! Yes the kitchen was a bit older but everything was there and it all worked fine so no problem at all.We rushed over to the Trader Joes just across the street and managed to buy some food just before it was closing at 10.30pm. What a great place that is for self catering travellers! Very friendly fun staff and great food! Back to the hotel....its in a great location on the edge of Georgetown and 5-8 mins walk to Foggy Bottom Metro. Walk 15 mins in one direction and you are at the Lincoln Memorial and 15 mins in the other and you are at the Whitehouse. And to make it even more perfect you get back from a long hot day sightseeing and you are handed unlimited free Mojitos when you walk in the door! All the staff remembered us each day and we had a lot of laughs with them. This was customer service at its best. A really great stay-thankyou!

Room Tip: would think that all the rooms would be good. We fronted Washington Ave and had no noise issues.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank thesprouts

Dear thesprouts,

Thank you for your recent six night stay. I am delighted to learn that you booked our hotel based on our TripAdvisor ratings and reviews. I appreciate your wonderful comments about our location, suite size and amenities and specially our service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit and will make sure we have mojitos waiting for you!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my husband and 9 year-old son. The hotel is modern, clean, and its location is great. It's in the "Foggy Bottom" area of D.C. It's about a 7 minute walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. If you walk 7 minutes in the other direction, you will reach the Georgetown area with restaurants and shops.

The rooms are fine, nothing spectacular about the decor. Like I said, very modern/business- oriented. There are photos throughout the hotel and rooms of former Hollywood/political celebrities. My 9 year-old couldn't identify any of them...LOL. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. There is a bar/breakfast area in the lobby, for a fee. We got some breakfast sandwiches. They were just ok. There is a Trader Joe's across the street if you want to get your own food/cook. The kitchen was fully equipped, but it definitely needs some updating. It was nice to have a full-size refrigerator, though, for snacks and beverages. I would recommend this hotel, especially for larger families who may need to save some $ by eating/cooking in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MJMNewYork

Dear MJMNewYork,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am glad that we meet your expectations and that you were pleased with our location, rooms and service. Kindly contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get more feedback regarding your stay and ensure that your next visit exceeds your expectations and is outstanding.