Courtyard by Marriott Washington Embassy Row
Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Hotel is in good location. Stayed in a suit and was nice size. Quiet for sleeping except for sirens,which you would hear anyplace. Was clean and bed was comfy. The bar was nice.
Walking to metro and to the bars and restaurants(Dupont Circle). Will stay again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GstServiceManager, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Embassy Row, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property and I am glad that you found our property convenient to everything during your stay. I will share your good comments to our team and I am looking forward for your next stay in our property.

Thank you much!!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

upgraded to a one bedroom suite that was the largest suite i have ever seen.....no concierge but the desk staff really knew their stuff and were most helpful....near to the national geographic museum that i would recommend

Room Tip: if you are a gold marriott reward card holder, suite upgrade if at all possible
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GstServiceManager, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Embassy Row, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your great comments to our front desk team. We look forward to serve you again in the future.
Thank you much..

Reviewed 22 April 2013

It's not that it was terrible because it was fine but we were paying $300 a night to stay here for Spring break in April and I know we could have stayed in a better hotel for the money.

When bellhop brought our bags up I noticed there were some body hairs on bathroom floor and tub. I brought it to his attention & he called housekeeping who came immediately. Then, we attempted to login to the free Internet and were unable to get access. Long story short they had to move us to different floor to remedy the Internet problem. When bellhop came to move us to new room he pulled open suitcase off stand and all clothes fell on floor. I complained to the Mgr that I was dissatisfied with our first day and he apologized giving us 2 mornings of free breakfast. After we changed rooms, the stay was fine. No more major issues. I didn't realize this at time of booking but hotel is not extremely close to metro. It's about a 15 min walk. Not terribly far but I was with small children and they constantly complained about the distance. Kids loved the very small indoor pool. Since it was spring break the pool was very crowded almost every night we were there but I was thankful to have it.

So, I'm not leaving terrible review. Just not great. Hotel was adequate. Location was safe. I know it's not the ritz. I've just been to better Courtyards. The one fantastic thing about Courtyards is they can accommodate 5-6 people in a room with sleeper sofa. We're a family of 5 so that's helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in our property. I apologize if your arrival wasn't satisfactory and I will definitely share your comments to our housekeeping department. I hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the future. Thank you ..

Reviewed 16 April 2013

A Marriott Courtyard is not a Ritz or Four Seasons. WIth this expectation in mind, I was delighted. The location is excellent -- very close to Dupont Circle and walkable to the monuments (albeit a nice long walk). The staff were friendly. The room was large, newly redone and quiet. The atmosphere is generic but very pleasant place to stay for a trip when the focus is outside the hotel visiting DC's many great attractions.

2  Thank CMK43
GstServiceManager, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Embassy Row, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our property. I am glad that you found our place convenient and accommodating. I will definitely pass your good comments to our staff. We look forward for your next stay. Thank you so much..

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Can say nothing too bad about it. Moreover the staff was very friendly and, of course, I enjoyed the location of the hotel - just several blocks away from the White house. But as for everything else it was just one of the ordinary network hotels. I could have rated it "good" if not the dirtiest window, I've ever seen in any hotel, and a puddle of water on the bathroom floor, which kept staying there for all 3 days.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
GstServiceManager, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Embassy Row, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding you recent stay in our property. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and our location close to everything you need to see during your stay.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I have to do an overnight in DC every week and the Courtyard Embassy Row has became my go to spot. New rooms that are well decorated, comfortable beds, and tech friendly. The rate is reasonable for DC ( you can get a better rate at the Courtyard on New York Ave but dont go outside at dark if you stay there). The staff is wonderful and the onsite bar and restaraunt, Nage, is worth going to even if you don't stay there.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank 718Brian

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our property and I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. I will share your wonderful comments to our team and I am looking forward for your next stay in our property. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

This hotel is in a very cool location and the front desk staff were super friendly. That, however, is where the good things end.

First, I checked into my room, put my things down, pulled out my laptop and tablet and tried to find a CVS in walking distance. I found one and went to leave. But, it was very cold out so I decided to go back up to the room to get my heavy coat. As I am digging through my luggage, SOMEONE LETS THEMSELVES INTO MY ROOM WITH A KEY. The woman looked at me, I looked at her and she said "sorry" and ran off. Apparently the hotel checked someone else into my room and gave them the key to it. As a female traveling alone, this was highly, highly disturbing. Had I not gone back to get my coat, I wouldn't even have been there and that person could have walked off with all of my things.

I called the desk, understandably upset, and the employee apologized multiple times and then said she would call me right back. She did not call back. So, I went to go down to the lobby, left the room and the door closed. 1 second later, I decide to go back and lock a few things in the safe but, I try my key and its been cancelled! Does not work. So, apparently, a stranger can enter my room but I cannot.

Although the employee who made the error was very apologetic and I could tell she felt bad...that is the type of thing that can never, ever happen. She offered me a free breakfast but I never used the coupon.

Second, this hotel seems as if it had a lobby reno fairly recently as everything is modern and lovely. However, the rooms need renovation as well as they do not match the lobby at all. The room safe barely fit my 7" tablet, my laptop didn't come close to fitting and it had a key lock as opposed to the more secure digital safes where you pick your own password. Obviously, after having someone enter my room uninvited, I was disappointed to see that I could not secure my laptop.

Third, there was a CLEARLY USED bar of soap which was put back into the cardboard box and placed with the other toiletries.

Finally, the service at the restaurant was extremely slow. It is one thing for service to be slow because it is so busy and the waitstaff has a lot on their hands. It is quite another thing for it not to be busy and the staff is just meandering about unconcerned.

For nearly 400 per night, MUCH, MUCH more was expected.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Bruingal79
GstServiceManager, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Embassy Row, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear Guest,

I’m concerned about the issue you experienced at our property during your recent visit. I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Please accept my sincere apology.
Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to express your sentiments. We look forward to serving you in the near future.