Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #117 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Everett, Washington
“Meh”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just OK. It is moderately maintained, not well maintained, Both the sink and tub did not drain properly, housekeeping did not replenish my coffee and worst of all, when you purchase WIFI access in your room it is PER DEVICE. There was no notification of this until after I tried to log in with my iPad subsequent to already logging in with my iPhone. After I complained about the fact I had no warning of this and the front desk could not cancel my iPhone so I could connect with my iPad they did give me a secondary code for my iPad for free. I really appreciated them doing that but really? All the business people I know travel with a smartphone and a laptop or tablet so the one device limitation is ridiculous. I have seen other hotels limit to 4 devices and I think this is far more reasonable. There is no refrigerator in the room, you can request one for an additional $10 per night. Most hotels at this price point I have stayed in have a fridge in the room. Not fantastic but better than some.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at the GUHCC because that is where the conference I was attending the next day was located but I was quite pleased with the accommodations and conference. I had worked a full day before my flight into DC from Boston, so while I had grabbed a slice in Logan I was still looking for a meal when I got to the hotel and ordered room service which was prompt, hot, and delicious despite it being around 10 PM. Then at 11 PM I discovered that all the pillows were feather pillows and had to call down to the desk to request a foam pillow which was delivered with equal speed despite the late hour (I have had difficulty at other hotels and had to call more than once at some, but not here. :) The conference the next day was wonderful not the least because of the amazing quality and quantity of the food available, from the breakfast and snack buffets throughout the day, but also the INCREDIBLY VAST and TASTY lunch buffet in the hotel restaurant. All this and it it took me less than 20 minutes to get back to the airport even when leaving at 4:30 in the afternoon on a Thursday!

1 Thank MeganRaye
Nokesville, Virginia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband was having surgery at Georgetown University yesterday so I booked a room at the University Hotel for the night before and the night of. Georgetown University is nestled into one of the most beautiful parts of DC and the hotel is just steps away (literally) from Georgetown University Hospital and easy walking distance of the campus. The hotel itself is beautiful, luxurious, feels new (don't know whether or not it is), superbly appointed and our room was spacious and comfortable with luxurious bedding and amenities like power outlets in every lamp, a coffee maker, large screen tv, etc. The rates were extremely reasonable (I believe that hospital patients get a slight discount), there is a parking garage (which is very affordable if you have hospital business and have your parking validated) and the front desk let me tentatively book a third night just in case we needed to stay. There is a fine dining restaurant in the hotel that serves breakfast and lunch buffets for very reasonable prices, room service until 11 in the evening for dinner should you not care to go out to the Epicurean Restaurant just a short distance from the hotel (still on the campus), and a deli, Starbucks, and small café just a few steps away in the same building. The staff was professional, courteous and helpful and very accommodating. We happened to be there during a major snow storm yet everyone was pleasant and helpful in spite of the stressful situation. I have to say that this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and I would highly recommend it whether you are visiting the city or staying at the hospital. Oh, I almost forgot. Today is Valentine's Day and this morning at breakfast, the staff presented me, and all the ladies in the restaurant, with a long stem rose. It was lovely! NOTE: I classified this trip as a Family trip for lack of a better alternative.

Room Tip: We asked for a pretty view and it was pretty to start with but really pretty with over a foot of sno...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scoochtravels
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The plus side to this hotel is that it is located in the conference center. The rooms are old and the amenities are limited. However, if you are not looking for luxury or extra perks, this hotel is acceptable. It is a solid three star hotel.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I found this hotel to be an understated jewel during my travels working at major Cancer Treatment Center's. It is located directly across from the Lombardi Cancer Center and has good access to food located on the Medical Campus of Georgetown University. My room was lovely with tasteful room design that reflected old academic charm. The shower was very well plumbed and the bathroom a tasteful blend of old and new. The staff was friendly and professional. I usually stay somewhere I can get points (loyalty clubs)but I will stay here again without points due to the convenience and comfort.

Room Tip: I heard you can get a pass to the athletic center but did not do this on this trip
1 Thank Lisa K
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 January 2014

On the campus of Georgetown University, it is the perfect place to stay while visiting the University. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The rooms are comfortable. There is no wifi in the hotel lobby but a short walk in to the connected student center is worth the free wifi throughout the campus. The hotel should provide free wifi inthe guestrooms but there is a charge.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My son and I stayed here for one night while in town for a physical for bone marrow donation. The location is perfect if you are visiting campus or the hospital. We walked to Georgetown for dinner and some shopping in the evening. The staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations.
We ordered room service for breakfast since we were in a hurry to get to the hospital. It was prompt but very disappointing and expensive!! Next time, just get up earlier and head over to the very busy Starbucks nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family