“Great hotel for business on-campus”

Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #121 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Pace, Florida
“Great hotel for business on-campus”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the Georgetown campus because I attended a conference on-campus and it was convenient. The hotel is clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was well decorated and was up-to-date. The bath/shower could use some updating, but it was clean. The only problem I had was finding the hotel once on-campus. If you are riding the GUTS bus coming from the Rosslyn metro station, there are no signs to guide you to the hotel from the bus stop. Also, the walk from the bus stop to the hotel is uphill. A 10-15 minute walk from the hotel will get you to many nice restaurants. Also note that Georgetown University is on the approach to Reagan National Airport so the jet traffic can be noisy at times. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
syracuse
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here while attending an alumni event at Georgetown University. So location-wise, it was great - didn't need a car. I did have a car, though, and the parking was not expensive for Washington. In fact, the room price was good for DC. View from the room was nice, and the beds were comfy. However, there is no refrigerator in the room, and no breakfast, except at the shops within the student center, which was ok. No pool either.
I did try to get a cab from here to meet someone on the other side of Georgetown and it was impossible. Ended up not going.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank hoyaalum
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I tried Hotwire for the first time and ended up with this hotel. Very great rate for a DC hotel and a very unique setting. Easy walk to lots of great restaurants and bars in Georgetown. Staff was exceptional and met all of our needs and requests. Little bit of effort to get to the Metro stations and all the usual DC tourist stops but with the money you save on the room you'll still come out on top even after taking cabs a few times.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sanderson_10
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Having stayed at this hotel for a recent training session; I've learned that there are some properties that should simply be used for business travel and this is one of them. Although located on the campus of Georgetown University and adjacent to the University's Hospital; the rooms are a bit on the small side with very few amenities. Essentially, it is four walls and a ceiling. No bells, no whistles, no frills. You will get work/reading done; but not much else. Despite the limited options within the hotel; the hotel staff is AMAZING (especially the front desk manager Jonathan). They go above and beyond to ensure that you make the most of your Georgetown experience and see (and taste) all that the historic neighborhood has to offer. That being said, there are many great restaurants in Georgetown and you are walking distance from Georgetown Cupcakes. Be sure to take a break from your work and treat yourself to a cupcake. Finally, repeat after me, "I AM NOT GOING TO THE GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY HOTEL and CONFERENCE CENTER FOR THE AMENITIES. I AM GOING EITHER TO GET SMARTER, GET HEALTHIER (hospital across the street) or TO SUPPORT A FRIEND/PARTNER/FAMILY MEMBER." Now you're all set.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sista314
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We chose this hotel specifically for its access to Georgetown Univ. I think they offered a small discount for Georgetown Univ. visitors. The university is right out the door. Part of a complex with GU, Georgetown Hospital and other medical facilities. Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Only place we found to dine was the "Alumni Club" open for breakfast and lunch. We arrived late so room service was closed. The staff gave us a bunch of menus for food that is delivered. Adjacent and integral to the GUHC are facilities primarily for students but also hotel guests. There's a Starbucks, Panero, Subway, Burger place, coffee house and student-run small grocery story. This means you can never see the university except from the window ... Or walk around pretending to be a college student. Quick, easy walking distance to M street in Georgetown with many restaurants, bars and plenty of opportunities for shopping. A bit of a schlep if you want to get to downtown DC and the Mall area.

Room Tip: We liked our room on the second floor that had large windows facing directly onto a college green. N...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carla G
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just OK. It is moderately maintained, not well maintained, Both the sink and tub did not drain properly, housekeeping did not replenish my coffee and worst of all, when you purchase WIFI access in your room it is PER DEVICE. There was no notification of this until after I tried to log in with my iPad subsequent to already logging in with my iPhone. After I complained about the fact I had no warning of this and the front desk could not cancel my iPhone so I could connect with my iPad they did give me a secondary code for my iPad for free. I really appreciated them doing that but really? All the business people I know travel with a smartphone and a laptop or tablet so the one device limitation is ridiculous. I have seen other hotels limit to 4 devices and I think this is far more reasonable. There is no refrigerator in the room, you can request one for an additional $10 per night. Most hotels at this price point I have stayed in have a fridge in the room. Not fantastic but better than some.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at the GUHCC because that is where the conference I was attending the next day was located but I was quite pleased with the accommodations and conference. I had worked a full day before my flight into DC from Boston, so while I had grabbed a slice in Logan I was still looking for a meal when I got to the hotel and ordered room service which was prompt, hot, and delicious despite it being around 10 PM. Then at 11 PM I discovered that all the pillows were feather pillows and had to call down to the desk to request a foam pillow which was delivered with equal speed despite the late hour (I have had difficulty at other hotels and had to call more than once at some, but not here. :) The conference the next day was wonderful not the least because of the amazing quality and quantity of the food available, from the breakfast and snack buffets throughout the day, but also the INCREDIBLY VAST and TASTY lunch buffet in the hotel restaurant. All this and it it took me less than 20 minutes to get back to the airport even when leaving at 4:30 in the afternoon on a Thursday!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business