As a routine customer of the Ritz-Carlton family of hotels and a consumer of five star hotels in general, this stay at the Ritz-Carlton left much to be desired.
The room decor was run of the mill, and the television's sound did not work properly for two days. I was NEVER offered a room change. I had to ask for it myself! They had to send staff up twice; the conference was only 3 days. By then, I just stayed put.
During the conference, we were also not allowed WiFi as it was TOO expensive. Also, Wifi in your room is an extra expense. Really? What year is this?
Although quoted the rack rate, I was told by the concierge that if there were no shows for the conference, I would be alotted the conference rate. When I asked for an email copy of my bill after my stay, they sent me one from LAST YEAR's conference (which I also attended)! Of course, as the dates are nearly the same, I sent it off to dispute, which they denied.
I guess I'll be at the Mandarin Oriental next year...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C. is in the middle of it all, with impeccable service, exceptional accommodations and exclusive amenities. Our hotel is one of the city's most refined luxury hotels - an urban retreat where you can relax within the charging energy of a powerful city. Located in the heard of D.C.'s attractions, we are less than a mile from The National Mall and 1 mile from National Landmarks and Memorials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc