“Discreet Hotel, Nicely Decorated for a Ritz Carlton”

The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC
Ranked #16 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Am generally not a fan of Ritz Carlton's due to their frilly american-suburban vision of what a nice hotel should look like (think awfully but expensively decorated big American city suburban homes). This Ritz Carlton is more retrained, thankfully. Service generally good. Overall feel of a discreet hotel. Would definitely stay here again on business.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC

Reviewed 8 April 2011

Just got back from a five night stay at this wonderful hotel and it was an excellent experience. My sister and I had booked a break in Washington and had originally booked another hotel which we decided to change around three weeks before our visit. i have stayed at various Ritz Carltons but never this one and although i had read a couple of negititive reviews still decided to book it as i have not been disappointed with this hotel chain. We were both really glad we did, we upgraded to Club Level and the food and service was excellent, a couple of the morning staff, Edward and Curtis in particular, provided exceptional service as did the evening staff. We were made to feel 'special' throughout our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the location is good, a couple of blocks from Foggy Bottom Metro and it is only around ten minutes walk to Georgetown.

A big thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Easy walk to Whitehouse and restaurants
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Great hotel, excellent rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. Taxis very easy to get. Only big problem is they do not have coffee in the room. They have a coffee in the lobby but only until ??? It was empty one morning at around 8.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2011

As a routine customer of the Ritz-Carlton family of hotels and a consumer of five star hotels in general, this stay at the Ritz-Carlton left much to be desired.

The room decor was run of the mill, and the television's sound did not work properly for two days. I was NEVER offered a room change. I had to ask for it myself! They had to send staff up twice; the conference was only 3 days. By then, I just stayed put.

During the conference, we were also not allowed WiFi as it was TOO expensive. Also, Wifi in your room is an extra expense. Really? What year is this?

MAJOR ISSUE:
Although quoted the rack rate, I was told by the concierge that if there were no shows for the conference, I would be alotted the conference rate. When I asked for an email copy of my bill after my stay, they sent me one from LAST YEAR's conference (which I also attended)! Of course, as the dates are nearly the same, I sent it off to dispute, which they denied.

I guess I'll be at the Mandarin Oriental next year...

Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Booked 2 rooms for MLK weekend with spouse, nanny and 3 young children. Staff was delightful, and the location was great. Cafe, starbucks, and johnny rockets all within walking distance, and walgreens was right across the street. When we commented on the delicious chocolate chip cookies, the chef emailed me the recipe and then mailed me a copy of the hotel's cookbook. Really impressed!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Catcarmar
Reviewed 22 January 2011

My recent stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC was outstanding. Traveling with two of my business partners and a client it was important that everything went well and the RiGeotz was outstanding in meeting all our needs in and out of the hotel. The suite was very well appointeded and every spot was clean. My suit got stained on the plane when a drink fell on my jacket. Not only did the Ritz get the stain out when the suit was returned a loose button was fixed without me asking. When we met at the hotel for our meeting with other joining us from MD/VA and DC everyone was greeted by the staff to make them feel like welcome guests. Room service was perfect both times. The bed was exceptional with sheets of a quality that you would have at home. When it was time for us to leave for a special place in Georgetown for the evening the Ritz took care of all reservations, cars and even made sure that our schedule was met so we could be back at the hotel for evening drinks. Many hotels could learn fron the Ritz. Great hotel, great stay... can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2010

My husband, dog and I stayed here to warm up while we were getting our furnace replaced. The hotel was very welcoming to us all. My husband loved living in a world where every request is responded to with "It is my pleasure". The fitness center is one of the best in any hotel, with a really nice lap pool, although there may be an extra charge depending on which type of room you have. The room was a bit small, but very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and spacious, with a walk-in shower and deep tub. The hotel staff seemed genuinely pleased to see us at each interaction, leaving us feeling well taken care of and pampered. The common areas on the lobby level were comfortable and cosy, with complimentary coffee in the morning and treats in the afternoon.
The hotel is pet friendly, with no extra fee for the dog. Unlike some hotels, we were allowed to leave the dog alone in the room. All in all, just what we needed.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple