I spent four nights at the Ritz-Carlton on a business trip (the second time in two years). I had a standard room which I thought was very comfortable and well appointed. The room faced a busy road so the traffic noise bothered me a little.
I am not a fan of hotel food in general but the catering was excellent even for the 2 days that I didn't leave the hotel at all.
The hotel has a huge and very well equipped gym, which opens at 05.30.....ideal for the jetlagged traveller.
The location is great, within easy walking distance of some great restautrants and the city centre.
My only complaint is about the service level.
1. I asked for the Financial Times each day. I received USA Today on the first couple of days, then nothing.
2. Some clothing was destroyed by a member of staff accidentally spilling cande wax. I asked for the hotel to try to get the marks off (with no charge). The next day I received the trousers (with stains) and a laundry bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C. is in the middle of it all, with impeccable service, exceptional accommodations and exclusive amenities. Our hotel is one of the city's most refined luxury hotels - an urban retreat where you can relax within the charging energy of a powerful city. Located in the heard of D.C.'s attractions, we are less than a mile from The National Mall and 1 mile from National Landmarks and Memorials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc