“Overall, a very good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC

The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC
Ranked #24 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Singapore
“Overall, a very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

I spent four nights at the Ritz-Carlton on a business trip (the second time in two years). I had a standard room which I thought was very comfortable and well appointed. The room faced a busy road so the traffic noise bothered me a little.

I am not a fan of hotel food in general but the catering was excellent even for the 2 days that I didn't leave the hotel at all.

The hotel has a huge and very well equipped gym, which opens at 05.30.....ideal for the jetlagged traveller.

The location is great, within easy walking distance of some great restautrants and the city centre.

My only complaint is about the service level.
1. I asked for the Financial Times each day. I received USA Today on the first couple of days, then nothing.
2. Some clothing was destroyed by a member of staff accidentally spilling cande wax. I asked for the hotel to try to get the marks off (with no charge). The next day I received the trousers (with stains) and a laundry bill.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel, this time for four nights as part of a business conference. the top floor room felt slightly smaller than the lower floor room we had last year, but that didn't detract from the fact that the room was clean, tidy and well cleaned each day.

The staff were courteous and helpful, without being pushy. What was different this time seemed to be the nice little touches; the welcoming bottle of water and hand towel on arrival at reception; the chocolates and water in the room; the Mother's Day little gift; the teddy bear gift we saw given to one families little children AFTER they'd booked out.

The hotel is well positioned, so when I had free time, we walked to either Georgetown of down to The Mall area. If there is a down side it has to be the cost of the restaurant's as we always ate out - can't have everything..!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Washington DC over Mother's Day weekend to celebrate a babymoon -- our first is on the way! It was a wonderful surprise to me, and the best weekend I could have imagined. Everything at the hotel was perfect. From the minute we checked in, we were offered everything from waters to champagne to hot towels. The hotel went out of its way to recognize me -- even a special handwritten note at turndown. We ate dinner at West End Bistro, the restaurant attached to the Ritz, and it was amazing. I recommend the skate -- my husband and I ordered different items, but both of us ended up eating the skate (and my husband's truffle fries). I took advantage of the Sports Club attached to the Ritz and attended a water aerobics class on Saturday. We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and enjoying Washington DC. It was a really short trip, but we came away from it so relaxed. The Ritz went out of their way to make sure it was a comfortable and romantic getaway for us both. I wouldn't have guessed we could have such a relaxing and wonderful time at a hotel in the city, but we really did. It was a great babymoon experience.

Room Tip: Definitely score a Club level room -- so worth it!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

Enjoyed this hotel, although I prefer a more open lobby. This hotel has several lounge type rooms with a nice bar area and a room with a fireplace to sit and talk.

The best part of this hotel was the one bedroom suite. It was very spacious, 2 bathrooms, sitting room with french doors going into the spacious bedroom. The bathroom was oversize and very nice.

I would go back just to have the room experience.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

Am generally not a fan of Ritz Carlton's due to their frilly american-suburban vision of what a nice hotel should look like (think awfully but expensively decorated big American city suburban homes). This Ritz Carlton is more retrained, thankfully. Service generally good. Overall feel of a discreet hotel. Would definitely stay here again on business.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

Just got back from a five night stay at this wonderful hotel and it was an excellent experience. My sister and I had booked a break in Washington and had originally booked another hotel which we decided to change around three weeks before our visit. i have stayed at various Ritz Carltons but never this one and although i had read a couple of negititive reviews still decided to book it as i have not been disappointed with this hotel chain. We were both really glad we did, we upgraded to Club Level and the food and service was excellent, a couple of the morning staff, Edward and Curtis in particular, provided exceptional service as did the evening staff. We were made to feel 'special' throughout our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the location is good, a couple of blocks from Foggy Bottom Metro and it is only around ten minutes walk to Georgetown.

A big thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Easy walk to Whitehouse and restaurants
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

Great hotel, excellent rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. Taxis very easy to get. Only big problem is they do not have coffee in the room. They have a coffee in the lobby but only until ??? It was empty one morning at around 8.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends