First of all i´d like to say that this is normally not the kind of hotels we are staying in, but due to a last minute booking the ritz carlton was nearly as cheap as other hotels were so we dicided to enjoy some luxury.
We arrived by car from NY (took us due to traffic about 6 hrs) and were happy when we finally arrived. We didn´t expect such a warm welcome. There were about 4 employees just taking care of our car and luggage. Of course everyone wanted tip, but it was nice anyway. We took valet parking as it was included in our package (first family package). The receptionist was extremly friendly, showed us on a map where everything was located and guided us to the elevator where he wished us a nice stay and sent us to our room. Exiting the elevator i suspected the worst as hearing children crying around in nearly every room. So all family first bookers are in one floor obviously. Normally we should not complain as we booked it too, but our child, me, was 17. But we were lucky, directly next to us was an empty room so we weren´t hit that hard by all the kids playing around in their rooms.
Arrived in our room we were suprised of the big bathroom with shower and bath tub seperated. Nice! Also the room was quite spacy with a big flat screen TV. Internet was complementary in our package and worked well. Allthough it appeard on our bill. Short talk an it was removed from it.
Cleaning was ok exept for one day. We came back at 3:30 pm and room was still not cleaned. Complementary breakfast was great. But we made the mistake and rushed to the nice looking buffet at our first morning.... bad decission as the waiter brought a 105$ bill. Nice one! We even asked a waiter if this would be the breakfast included for our room and he just sat us to a table, for us the sign to use the buffet.
Valet parking in this hotel was an interesting experience... When we asked for our car to make a little tour we waited for 15 minutes. Even other clients, who came after us, got their cars. The boss of the valet parking system noticed us waiting for 15 minutes and asked us what was wrong. After that, two wrong cars were brought, when finally (after searching the key by us(!)) we got it.
Checkout was short and simple, getting the car this morning was not a problem at all.
After all i can say, that if you have the money to afford all the stuff (you have to pay for nearly everything) it is worth it as it´s real luxury. If you are saving money for your trip just to get in the hotel you will be disappointed. Also as you are simply not belonging to the other guests. You just get the feeling of beeing treated differently, especially by other guests who think are something special when sleeping in the ritz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C. is in the middle of it all, with impeccable service, exceptional accommodations and exclusive amenities. Our hotel is one of the city's most refined luxury hotels - an urban retreat where you can relax within the charging energy of a powerful city. Located in the heard of D.C.'s attractions, we are less than a mile from The National Mall and 1 mile from National Landmarks and Memorials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc