“Just above ok v”

herts
“Just above ok v”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I stay at RC in Boston and also in Singapore
This is not quite as good as either.
Warm welcome at desk and usual rooms -wonderful food service in club lounge although other services (concierge ) not as good. No offer to help with anything other than food.
Took 2 meals one in the bar area. It was fine but not great. Service not good. Just sat down and was offered a glass of Chardonnay!! The Mohito I actually had was again just ok.
I took breakfast in the restaurant on last day. Please don't ever bother. Bad service ,tables not sparkling clean-just a general tacky feel. A little like a cheap hotel. No buffet and uninspiring a la carte. Waste if $42 !!! Starbucks just as good seriously !

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank angiejess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

It's been a few years since I've stayed in a Ritz Carlton so I was a little surprised at the decline in level of service and detail for my brief overnight stay.
It's a nice property and everyone was very friendly, but here is what takes you from a luxury experience down to three stars:
1. No one greeted my upon my arrival at the motor court in fact I had to hunt down someone to take my car. Then no bellman, even after standing around and it not being busy. So I grabbed up all my bags and awkwardly walked into the lobby myself. Not even someone to open the door for me. Odd.
2. My reservation was confused so three people had to figure it out at the desk before I could get my room.
3. The wifi instructions didn't work and my trip to the concierge to fix it was in vein. They "don't really handle wifi", but if I want to go back up to my room and dial O, someone can walk me through it. Really? How about you dial O while I'm standing there and get it taken care of?
3. The valet and bell desk was a hot mess when trying to get to a prearranged shuttle service. No one knew what was going on and they were all arguing with one another.
4. If you are going to ask me which paper I want in the morning, then it's nice if you give me the one I ask for. The USA today isn't the Washington Post. Says so in big letters across the top of the paper.
5. Unless they intend to shoot a Hitchcock film in my room, they should change the flickering, almost dead, fluorescent bulb in the closet. Trying to dress became a dizzying experience. How do they not see that upon cleaning?
Someone needs to bring management in for a service audit before this brand goes from Ritz to Ramada.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank trvljournalist
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is for the business travelers out there who book at costly hotels like the Ritz Carlton to insure a good nights sleep.

Here on a Thursday evening. They had an event in their ballroom that played loud music you could hear in my room on the 7th floor till 1 am. There was then an afterparty in the hotel playing music that despite my sleepmaker on its loudest, was playing till well after 2 am.

And it took 3 calls to the front desk before they sent security to check it out.

This is understandable if this is Vegas or Cancun during Spring Break, but I will not stay here again for business in fear of another big event wreaking havoc on the sleep schedule.

Next time, I am definitely staying at a smaller hotel, ie. Sofitel, in which I know there will be peace and quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BigLeagueC
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I don't think the RC is at the top of its game and was tempted to give it three stars.

First, my room was just eh. Sad view of a courtyard. Furniture and furnishings are dated. The shower head in particular looked like it had been there since 1990. I opened up the little box with the shower cap - it was empty. I reached for the lotion by the sink - it was shampoo.

Second, although the bar area is fairly nice, the bistro looks like it belongs in a different hotel. I guess they want to keep it casual, but I was a little chagrined that I had arranged for a business breakfast there. It just doesn't say "power breakfast." The breakfast itself was similarly disappointing - bacon terribly overcooked, cold toast (and limited toast options), very weak coffee. Would have complained but you can't do that during a business breakfast.

Really would have expected more from a RC and would not choose to stay here over other options in DC.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Midland, Georgia
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Service was great. Room was outstanding. Everything was done according to the way the Ritz-Carlton would want the experience to be! Check in process was very personal. Turn down of the bed was outstanding with mints. Newspaper delivered in a recyclable bag.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 11 November 2013

During a long weekend visit, we stayed here for 2 nights. We were traveling without a car, so the walk to/from the Metro was a bit long, especially considering we had to walk through a park with a number of homeless people and rats during the rain. The hotel itself was a great hotel. This was my husband's first time at a Ritz and I think the expectation was larger than reality. The hotel was alright, the rooms were small but the service, as always, was great. Nothing bad about the hotel, but the location and exterior are a little off putting.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed 3 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A smaller lobby and bar area than some other Ritz Carlton's but was cozy atmosphere. Staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant attached served upscale food and was above average...2 bars: in hotel and restaurant

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends