“This property Exemplifies the Ritz! Especially the Club Lounge.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC
Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Temecula, California, USA
“This property Exemplifies the Ritz! Especially the Club Lounge.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I are huge Ritz Carlton Hotel fans and as we travel extensively to Ritz Carlton’s all over the United States. Wherever we travel to, we always are seeking to make reservations at the Ritz. As such, we have stayed at the Tyson Court and Pentagon Ritz on several occasions while visiting Washington DC. This was our first stay at the Washington DC Ritz. After our three night stay, we now feel this is our favorite of the three. This property exemplifies what we have come to enjoy about the Ritz. The location is wonderful as it borders Georgetown and it is in walking distance of some great shops and restaurants. The staff is exceptional! We stayed on the Club Lounge Level and we found the staff in the Lounge to be wonderful. A special praise to Beri Sali and Curtis Johnson, who went out of their way to tend to all our needs while we stayed. They truly go above and beyond to make sure that you are enjoying yourself. We saw them being as attentive to other customers as well.
The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms were oversized (which we love a larger tub and sink area). I am not sure if this is just on the club level rooms, but our tub and shower were separate (which I always appreciate). The furnishings were up to date and the cleanliness of the room was superb.

The Sports Club connection/partnership with the Ritz and it is a large and well equipped workout. I did not use the spa, so I cannot comment on that.

I would highly recommend this hotel for business as well as pleasure. We were here for both and found the Ritz exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Lounge Level room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
The Club team is indeed wonderful - and I am so happy to hear that they made your stay special. We are excited to renovate the club lounge this summer.
We will also be renovating our luxury suites and the Spa and pool at our Sports club.
We are always trying to improve our facilities and create a wonderful experience for our guests.
I would love the opportunity to meet you on your next visit to the hotel - Please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at: 202-974-5502.
Thank you again for being our guest and taking the time to comment about your experience.
Elizabeth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Staff friendly and they provided outstanding service. Food excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Excellent meeting rooms. Clean and comfortable bedrooms. Handled concerns immediately. Nice little additions daily. Great concierge. Three blocks from Metro. Second stay here. Will come again. Everyone in our group appreciated the consistency of service.

Stayed February 2014
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay.
I am glad that you found our location to be convenient - as you mentioned we are really in the central hub - close to the metro - the museums - Georgetown and Dupont Circle.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your Dining and Meeting Experience as well.
Thank you for making The Ritz-Carlton you home when you travel to Washington DC - I hope to meet you personally on your next visit!
Warm Regards,
Elizabeth
Sterling, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying at a ritz carlton. The hotel and room were very nice. The service from the staff was outstanding. My only complaint was the 9.99 daily charge for wifi. You would think at the rate of the room, free wifi would be included.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Baltimore County, MD
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I attended a two day conference held at the Ritz Carlton. I was asked to attend at the last minute so I was not able to sleep at this hotel but I spent the day as a meeting guest and it was perfection.

The attention to detail is impeccable. As you walk into the lobby the lightly scented candles add an instant elegance. Along the staircase toward the meeting rooms the one wall is filled with Dale Chihule's decorative glass. The meeting rooms and bathrooms were always spot on clean, well lighted, and true to the Ritz, you dry your hands with real cloth hand towels.

The meals were all delicious which really started with the presentation. Every detail had been thought of - superbly elegant. The food was a feast for the senses. The hot chocolate was amazing--creamy, and delicately rich, but not so much that you needed a drink of water right away. The asparagus was perfectly seared and tender, the shrimp spring rolls bursted with flavor, the Israeli couscous salad was colorful and so amazing and I could go on and on.

While I didn't get to stay in a room, and the rate tends to be out of my price range, I cannot say enough about how fabulous my day visit was. If you are attending a meeting or if you are a meeting planner or simply thinking of treating yourself to an elegant trip you cannot go wrong with booking this property. Plus, the location is fabulous.

Kudos to the wonderful staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

When you book a room at the Ritz, you have certain expectations about the service and room experience. You'll find this property meets those expectations.

Service throughout the stay was spot on. Gracious, curious, efficient.

The rooms are lovely, comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The Ritz is located near the Washington circle and within walking distance to the White House and the National Mall area. I went here on a business trip with a group and could not see as much as I would have liked to. Also the bitterly cold weather restricted the walks around town. The rooms here are quite spacious compared to the NY hotels. They also have a club lounge area which we were given free access to. The club lounge served you breakfasts and light snacks/desserts throughout the day. We enjoyed all our meals, especially the variety of cheese served for breakfast. The staff is also courteous, as you expect from a place like this. All in all, a very good place to stay in DC.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A really superb hotel just off "K" St. lobbying row or close to the Capitol. Not overwhelming on the outside but very, very nice inside. It's a smaller RC with cozy places for drinks, a meeting, or for your business group to stay. Super service and RC renown facilities. Walk to a Don Shula's. Too bad Blackies closed a few years ago. Was a tremendous restaurant. You can walk to many DC sites...or drop down to GWU.

Room Tip: Get one facing the front
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business