“Great Place”

Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Key Biscayne, Florida
“Great Place”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I've been here with 2 young kids and it was perfect. Very good service, the beds are great and we had a lot of fun Washington.

It is close to the mall, but I suggest you take a cab so you save time and energy to walk around.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for staying at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC - I am so glad that you enjoyed our facilities, location and service. We are delighted to have you as our guest. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you on your next visit to Washington.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.
Warm Regards,
Elizabeth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I wasn't disappointed at all...and neither will you! If you're deciding on an amazing hotel....look no further! I was in town to meet up with my mom who had her AMWA conference (3/14-3/16) at the hotel and we were extremely delighted and pleased by the service from everyone, including the front desk staff, concierge, security, bell captains, and the housekeeping staff. No request was too big or small...the overall attitutde of the staff was truly refreshing....especially such exceptionally helpful bell captains & very friendly housekeeping staff.

The West End Bistro was great! Amazing staff - Helena and Edward were great at breakfast. Juan was awesome in the evening. Food was outstanding! Worth eating here even if you're not staying at the hotel. The brunch is great with a lot of options. The dinner is definitely worth eating there - salmon and steak both cooked to perfection. Some cool bartenders in the evenings - Jackie & Chris.

It's been years since we stayed at a Ritz Carlton and I will say this one was definitely top notch. It was such a pleasant experience. It was hard to come back home! It's also nice that they remember the guests name and make sure you have an extremely enjoyable stay. The amenities in the rooms all from the Asprey product line is amazing and it's also great to have nightly turndown service with chocolates! Access to the 100,000 sq. ft. health club - Sports Club/LA is $15 per day but totally worth it for the amazing workout facilities, spa and awesome classes onsite. It's never super crowded, which is nice & you can access the entrance from the 2nd floor. They also have some great food at their cafe. The hotel is in a great location at 22nd & M, which is within walking distance (or a quick cab ride) to some great shops & restaurants in Gerogetown as well as some good sightseeing & restaurants around Dupont Circle and along the 14th Street corridor, especially when the weather is nice. But even if you never leave your hotel room (because the beds are so comfy), you won't be disappointed. I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: High floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about The Ritz -Carlton, Washington DC.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your conference and your stay.
I am also glad that you enjoyed our new ASPREY amentiy line - we receive many wonderful compliments about that luxury collection of bath products and I am delighted that you like them.
We replaced all of our beds last year with the highest quality beds and a wonderful featherbed - there is nothing like our beds to create a perfect nights sleep!
I will share your comments with the team at Westend Bistro - your comments will make their day - thank you for mentioning so many team members - they will be so delighted to hear that you remembered them. Once again thank you for sharing your kind words and for taking the time to write about your experience. I hope that I will have the opportunity to thank you personally on your next trip to Washington. Warmly, Elizabeth
Whitby
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of my husband's business trip. We arrived by car for the weekend. My husband checked in, while I stayed with the luggage unloading. The process was painless. By the time my husband got to the reception desk they had his paperwork ready and knew his name - the bell captain had used his mouthpiece to advise the front desk. The car was unloaded by capable hands onto the luggage cart, which followed us to our room. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

The room was large, clean, and beautiful. As mentioned before, no coffee maker in the room. I opened the fridge to put some bottled water in, but the fridge was warm. We checked and it was plugged in. A call to the front desk brought a maintenance man with a new fridge. He said that it was easier to just add a fridge, rather than take out and repair the smaller one in the cabinet - fine by us. We had a "garden" room on the 4th floor. The "garden" consisted of rocks and across from us was an apartment building and it's windows.

It was after 10 at night by the time we arrived, so we ordered room service. Arrival was very fast and the food delicious. 2 entrees and ice water cost almost $65 - 19% service charge and a delivery charge were included. These charges were outlined in the room service menu.

The bathroom is a typical Ritz-Carlton bathroom. Marble everywhere. Separate shower. Separate toilet. Plenty of little extra touches. Very nice.

Did not use the exercise facility. Staff throughout the hotel were friendly and very pleasant.

Did go to the restaurant off the lobby for breakfast. Not a lot of choices in the neighbourhood on a Sunday morning. The buffet was $32.20 for one person. Although the food was good (yogurt bar, pastries, toaster, grits, cold cereal, lots of fruit, omelet bar (cooked to order), and a hot buffet of scrambled eggs, home fries, and sausage/bacon - it did seem expensive for the layout. But with very little choice elsewhere, you are kind of stuck. Wait staff was attentive and very nice.

$51 per day for valet parking. $9.95 for 24 hours at the basic internet rate. I was able to access the Old Towne Trolley tour by walking 5 blocks along L to the Mayflower. More restaurants and stores available as I walked along. Georgetown and all of its attractions within a short walk.

Overall....very nice hotel with exceptional staff. Enjoyed our very short stay in the nation's capital.

Green Features: No blue recycle bins anywhere, which is disappointing when you consider how "green" we should be.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience in my hotel - and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Please feel free to contact me on your next trip to Washington - and once again - thank you for taking time to comment about your experince.
Warm Regards and Many Thanks!
Global traveller
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I know the Ritz and stay in its hotels around the world. This one is not up to scratch. The staff try hard but are let down by the facilities, which are a bit tired to boot. Location is fine but ther is better around.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for recent stay and your comments about our facility.
I am sorry that you didn't like the facility - we just completed a 2 Million dollar renovation of our meeting space last September. We will be renovating our Club Lounge and Luxury Suites this August and our Sports club is completing a multi-million dollar renovation of the pool and spa this summer. We will continue to improve our product and position ourselves to be best in class.
I would love to discuss your experience with you. You can reach me on my Direct line at: 202-974-5502. I know that your comments will assist in making future improvements even better!
Thank you again for staying with us.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is an over due positive review about your high level management.
A month after my visit to DC, I realized how little goes a long way and above and beyond means.
My wife and I decided to go to DC and stay at the Ritz on 22nd st. We expected good service, considering the choice of where we stayed. We did get that.l. What I didn't expect was the personalized quality of service.
After a long flight, a log day of travel and after checking in to our room, my wife I went down to the Westend Bistro, located in the same level as the lobby of the hotel, for a much needed drink. I was expecting the usual hotel kind of service; I know you're not from here... Let me take your money and keep it moving kind of service. Instead, I got a bartender that was there as soon as we sat-down for what we needed the most at that time: A DRINK!!
We travel a lot and we stay at hotels. We usually don't casually make contact with hotel managers.
Not only in out first visit, but throughout the whole weekend, we had the pleasure to meet the General Manager of Westend Bistro.
Ryme didn't just recognize us, every time we went down for a drink before heading out, but she also made AMAZING recommendations about where to go. After dinning with her one the nights, she recommended a couple of places to try out and they were all fun and memorable.
Being out of town during valentines weekend was challenging to surprise my wife since she was with me all the time. A simple hint to Ryme as a joke, when we were having a drink and an appetizer at her bar, we came back to our room covered with Rose petals from the front door of the room, leading us to our bed covered with rose petals in a shape of a heart and the TV on the fire place station with the sound of burning fire. Very memorable to her and I.
We honestly had so much fun in DC that weekend, because the Rizt Carlton had Their manager Ryme working for them that weekend. Make sure to ask for her when you're there and you too can have a memorable stay in DC.
Thank you for the great memories you created for us!

Adnane Chalf.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you so much for your note about your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC.
I am so glad that you were able to enjoy Valentines day and that our Westend Bistro Team made the evening special and memorable for you. We certainly understand that it's the magic of the small details that make a stay special. Ryme and her team obviously put that philosophy into action during your stay.
I greatly appreciate the feedback and I have shared your wonderful comments with Ryme and our entire team.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back To The Ritz-Carlton on your next visit to Washington.
Warm Regards and Many Thanks
Temecula, California, USA
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I are huge Ritz Carlton Hotel fans and as we travel extensively to Ritz Carlton’s all over the United States. Wherever we travel to, we always are seeking to make reservations at the Ritz. As such, we have stayed at the Tyson Court and Pentagon Ritz on several occasions while visiting Washington DC. This was our first stay at the Washington DC Ritz. After our three night stay, we now feel this is our favorite of the three. This property exemplifies what we have come to enjoy about the Ritz. The location is wonderful as it borders Georgetown and it is in walking distance of some great shops and restaurants. The staff is exceptional! We stayed on the Club Lounge Level and we found the staff in the Lounge to be wonderful. A special praise to Beri Sali and Curtis Johnson, who went out of their way to tend to all our needs while we stayed. They truly go above and beyond to make sure that you are enjoying yourself. We saw them being as attentive to other customers as well.
The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms were oversized (which we love a larger tub and sink area). I am not sure if this is just on the club level rooms, but our tub and shower were separate (which I always appreciate). The furnishings were up to date and the cleanliness of the room was superb.

The Sports Club connection/partnership with the Ritz and it is a large and well equipped workout. I did not use the spa, so I cannot comment on that.

I would highly recommend this hotel for business as well as pleasure. We were here for both and found the Ritz exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Lounge Level room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
The Club team is indeed wonderful - and I am so happy to hear that they made your stay special. We are excited to renovate the club lounge this summer.
We will also be renovating our luxury suites and the Spa and pool at our Sports club.
We are always trying to improve our facilities and create a wonderful experience for our guests.
I would love the opportunity to meet you on your next visit to the hotel - Please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at: 202-974-5502.
Thank you again for being our guest and taking the time to comment about your experience.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Staff friendly and they provided outstanding service. Food excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Excellent meeting rooms. Clean and comfortable bedrooms. Handled concerns immediately. Nice little additions daily. Great concierge. Three blocks from Metro. Second stay here. Will come again. Everyone in our group appreciated the consistency of service.

Stayed February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay.
I am glad that you found our location to be convenient - as you mentioned we are really in the central hub - close to the metro - the museums - Georgetown and Dupont Circle.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your Dining and Meeting Experience as well.
Thank you for making The Ritz-Carlton you home when you travel to Washington DC - I hope to meet you personally on your next visit!
Warm Regards,