We did not book or pay for our room, so I don't know how competitive the price is for a hotel of this caliber. But Al, Nixon, Juan, and everyone whose name I did not get took such good care of me that this stay will always stand out.
Our room was on an inner courtyard, so we had no problem with noise. We thought the bathroom was large and well-appointed, from the separate shower and tub to the ample, large towels. We didn't take advantage of any of the champagne on checking in, but the bottled water and the apples out by the main floor elevators, were just our style. Loved having daily NY Times or Washington Post available. Would have enjoyed an in-room coffee maker for an end-of-the day cup of coffee or tea, but most high-end hotels seem to have eliminated that in favor of more extensive mini-bar offerings.
Our only complaint was that only one side of the bed (in a room with two Queens) had a reading light and bedside table. One person is left out....or, I guess, you could use both beds, but that did not seem a reasonable option. I suspect that there is not enough room for more furniture. They could, though, use on-wall lighting by each side of the bed, with a switch bed-side. Also, just a little shelf-like "thing" for glasses, watch, tissue, etc. could probably fit in both space-wish and aesthetically if done right.
The in-room wi-fi was not an extra charge because of hotel chain membership, but it normally would be. It was stable and strong.
While one reviewer complained about lack of bellman help with luggage, we were thrilled to be asked "Do you need help with your luggage?" and to be able to manage our minimal things on our own. At the opposite end of the stay, having accumulated much to take home, it was so helpful to be able to check many pieces until we actually were leaving but after check-out.
For us, the location was ideal given the meeting we were attending. We took a nice walk up to Dupont Circle and it's feasible to walk to Georgetown.
Thank you to all for their welcome and their help, which is what made the difference for s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C. is in the middle of it all, with impeccable service, exceptional accommodations and exclusive amenities. Our hotel is one of the city's most refined luxury hotels - an urban retreat where you can relax within the charging energy of a powerful city. Located in the heard of D.C.'s attractions, we are less than a mile from The National Mall and 1 mile from National Landmarks and Memorials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc