“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #13 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Tampa, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was the first time I've stayed at a Ritz property and was very happy with the hotel. I was looking for a nice hotel near the Watergate and it was within 10-15 minute walk which was perfect! Its a great location for sightseeing too-bring your walking shoes! You can walk to the Capitol, White House, the National Mall, Lincoln Memorial and so many cool little bars/restaurants! The staff at the hotel was very accommodating. We forgot toothpaste and they were able to bring up toothbrush/toothpaste kits to us. The room we stayed in was very spacious and clean-a little older but well kept. The lobby bar is nice and the restaurant where we had breakfast both mornings was VERY good!
There are so many hotels to choose from in this city but I would recommend it.

Room Tip: I always suggest to get rooms away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RozanaK
jason r, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you very much for your delightful comments about The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in an amazing location - close to everything - a few blocks to the Lincoln Memorial and Monuments in one direction - The Embassies of DuPont Circle in another and finally just steps away from the Historic Waterfront Village of Georgetown.

I am so happy to hear that my team took great care of you during your stay.

Thank you for being our guest and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the Nation's Capital

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms are very traditional 90s style luxury hotel which means they are supremely comfortable and hotel spaces are pleasant but the styling is due for a refresh compared to places I usually stay. I am confident this is coming though and once it does I would be thrilled to come back because the service is absolutely on-point. Additionally there's access to the Sports Club in the building which is heads and shoulders above most fitness centers in nice hotels. While the styling in my opinion is too traditional, If it works for you though you'll be extremely happy staying here.

Foggy Bottom is well situated and great for exploring many parts of the city. Anyone who says otherwise is probably only interested in visiting Downtown which is NOT the only thing to do in DC.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeremy E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A decent hotel. The rooms were spacious and the lobby is very well decorated. I think the service was ok, though nothing staggering and I could not get internet access, which was annoying. The location was fine, though it didn't feel you were in the center of things. Next time I'm in DC I'd probably stay in Georgetown.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FBrown1980
stanmore
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for the weekend as we were attending a wedding here. The staff were so attentive and the hotel was plush and luxurious. The wedding was superb and all in all we could not fault this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melissa1611
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed to attend a ball being held in several of the ballrooms. The reception was welcoming, and the suite was impeccably clean and well decorated. This is a wonderful place to stay if you want rest and luxury.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Traveholica
London
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Ritz Carlton. The location is great and the standard of the room was very high. The bed was comfortable, there was lots of closet space (and enough hangers), and the bathroom was a particular plus point - I liked that there was a large tub as well as a separate powerful shower.

All of the staff that I dealt with, without exception, were wonderful. This included the front desk, the doormen and the room service team. They went out of their way to be polite and helpful.

The only small complaints relate to the price of the ancillaries. I ordered in-room wifi and although the internet was down for at least 4 hours when I needed it, I was still charged for it at check-out. (This was despite having reported the problem and been assured that an engineer was looking at it.) I was surprised that the hotel did not offer to comp the additional charge given the inadequacy of the service. The other thing was that I ordered one cup of peppermint tea from room service for which I was charged c.$14.00. Not the end of the world, but just as a matter of principle I think $14 is an almost offensive amount to charge for a cup of tea!

I only mention these examples because I think it's a real shame when hotels that are otherwise excellent seem to be prepared to erode a degree of customer goodwill for the sake of a couple of dollars here and there. But I would probably stay at the Ritz again, and overall I would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GlobeTrotter2581
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I had a vow renewal ceremony at the Omni Shoreham on May 3, 2014 and afterwards we stayed at the Ritz Carlton. Earlier in the week a Ritz Carlton representative reached out to me to see if we needed anything for our upcoming stay. I just told her that we were celebrating our 5 year anniversary and were renewing our vows. I told her we would need to check in early and she replied that she would make sure we had a room available. When we checked in, we were originally supposed to have a club-level suite, what we received instead was totally unexpected and surpassed our expectations. We were given a free upgrade to the Ritz Carlton Suite which is 2200 sq ft. We were given champagne and mimosas and everyone was super nice. Every time we stay at the Ritz Carlton, the service is amazing and the attention to detail is impeccable. Everyone is so nice and accommodating and the rooms/suites are lovely. That is why I love the Ritz and I will never stay at another hotel for special occasions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davida H
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
First and Foremost congatulations on your Special Day!
I am delighted that we were able to upgrade you and serve you mimosas in celebration of your vow renewal.
I am glad that you enjoyed and hope that you will return to the hotel in the near future so that I may congratulate you in person.
Thank you again for staying with us!