My Daughter and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in DC for two nights, midway between ten days in NYC. We loved the luxury of the hotel: 2 double, comfortable beds, feel-good bed linen and a big bathroom with bath and walk-in shower. The toiletries were of good quality and the body lotion smelled, & felt, good. When we asked for more, it was delivered very promptly - with a follow-up call to check it had arrived. It's that kind of service that ensures a happy guest, and a return visit. Although the hotel we stayed in, in NYC, was more expensive, the Ritz Carlton was much superior in every way.
The only disadvantage we found was that the in-room safe is small & narrow and difficult to access. We could fit in iPads only by standing them upright and a medium-size camera would not fit.
On the Memorial Day holiday, we returned to the hotel very tired and footsore, after walking around many of the historical sites and watching the parades; so, after showering and changing, we were looking forward to dinner in the hotel restaurant. We were extremely surprised to find it closed. We have never known any 5* hotel, worldwide, to close its only restaurant on a public holiday - and nearby hotels, of a similar standard, had not done so. We did have an a la carte breakfast in the Restaurant, the next morning, and the food and the service were excellent - making our disappointment at missing dinner even more acute!
In the hotel lobby, over the holiday weekend, there were dishes filled with red, white and blue sweets and little paper cones to fill and take away - very patriotic!
We enjoyed our days in DC very much and would definitely recommend the Ritz Carlton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C. is in the middle of it all, with impeccable service, exceptional accommodations and exclusive amenities. Our luxury hotel in Washington, D.C. is one of the city's most refined hotels - an urban retreat where you can relax within the charging energy of a powerful city. Located in the heard of D.C.'s attractions, we are less than a mile from The National Mall and 1 mile from National Landmarks and Memorials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc