“Very friendly hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC
Ranked #24 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
“Very friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 6 days, the staff is very helpful and friendly. Because the garage was under some construction, at some moments we had a lot of noise in our room. We complained and the staff responded efficiently. We also liked the location. We will be back

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the Nike women's half marathon. The hotel could not have been more accommodating. They handed us maps of the route when we arrived, along with other pertinent info. The staff welcomed us with fresh water and warm cookies-what a welcome for weary travelers :-). The room was well appointed and we enjoyed the evening turn-down service.
We loved our stay here and wish all hotels held themselves to this standard.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clownface918
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our short stay in Washington at the Ritz Carlton was above my expectations. We stayed in a gorgeous suite that had a relaxing sitting room with a large functional desk from which to work. Bed was wonderfully comfortable with crisp linens and could not hear a single thing from outside. Practically soundproof. The bathroom was to die for, just beautiful with a large shower and a separate soaking tub, marble floors and sexy lighting (if there is such a thing...). Service was impeccable. Another perk is that location is very good, quite close to Georgetown and in an area that I felt safe in when taking a walk by myself. Will never forget my stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoreleiC72
Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I spent three nights at the Ritz Carlton for a meeting held at the hotel. They were nice enough to get me my room when I arrived about 3 hours before check in time. Unfortunately I did not realize I was assigned to stay in the sauna. The thermostat was reading 78 degrees in spite of it being set to 60 degrees. I called the front desk to complain and they moved me to a room across the hall where the thermostat read 68 degrees, but was curiously also set to 60 degrees. During my stay the temperature would fluctuate between 68 and 70, but never really felt cool. There must be a problem with the hotel's air conditioning system since I was not the one setting the room thermostats to 60.
Other than the temperature issue the rest of the room was well appointed and the public and meeting spaces were well maintained (and cool). Even though the hotel is a few blocks from George Washington Hospital, noise was not a problem. There are a number of restaurants in walking distance to the hotel. There is a Walgreens and Starbucks across the street for coffee or quick snacks.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great place for bossiness, and groups, they can for sure plan for multi events, the food is great, clean, good size rooms, easy to check in, check out.
Room service fast, and as you need it, and more.
nice worm bar to sit, and have friends, location is good to travel around, hotel staff are friendly, and can help.

Room Tip: ask for room near the elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've stayed at other Ritz's in the past, but the Ritz-Carlton, Washington D.C. did not impress. I called before my stay to ensure that I would have access to a microwave and was assured that there would be a microwave placed in my room. I arrived, no microwave. I called to ask, not a possibility and they couldn't access one anywhere. Fine, I asked for a pot of boiling water to make my food (I have severe food allergies and have to travel with food). Took 45 minutes to send up a pot of boiling water. At that point, I could have walked to the gas station next store and gotten my water sooner. Additionally, the bathrooms were rather small.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lyraEMR
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your recent stay.
I am so sorry that we were not able to deliver a microwave to you in a timely manner.
We do have microwaves on property and I am embarassed that we made it so difficult for you to receive one.
Please email me: Elizabeth.Mullins@Ritzcarlton.com so that I may reach out to you directly and apologize/ make this right.
Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel.
Warm Regards,
Elizabeth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Let me say that Stephanie, Yayo and the rest of the staff were amazing. We were celebrating our daughter's first date and prom. We treated her to a suite. Stephanie one of the executive assistants called to ask if this was a special ocasion for us and we said yes! She asked about her favorite flowers and made arrangements for early checkin so that we could start prom preparations. Further, they delivered chocolate dipped strawberries and sparkling cider to the room. When my daughter returned in the wee-hours of the morning, she and I sipped and enjoyed the moment. When my husband fell and hurt his leg, she offered to have the "valet supervisor" drive her and her date in a hotel car. Yayo (sp?) and his team were wonderful as well.

Every detail was perfect for our daughter's first date and The amazing staff at Ritz Carlton DC made it possible. Thank-you so much!

Room Tip: Our corner room/suite overlooking the garden courtyard was wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family