“This IS class and service!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC
Ranked #15 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Outstanding! Our three-day stay could not have been better. Al at the front desk went the extra mile to ensure this business/anniversary combo was wonderful and memorable. Everyone there from the moment you pull up is all about providing genuine helpful service.

While I am not a pampered person and feel like people should not be so attended to in "real life". This was a wonderful retreat into that arena for a few wonderful days. On a special occasion, at least, don't miss the chance.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review of The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC.
I agree with you - You absolutely should feel pampered on a special occassion and I am so glad that we made you feel that way!

We are delighted that you were able to combine a little business with pleasure on this trip and that the hotel exceeded your expectations.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Washington. Thank you for staying with us!
Elizabeth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

There is nothing wrong with this hotel, it is what you would expect from the Rtiz, but nothing more. The hotel is all around solid and is an extremely good looking hotel. Yet, there is nothing special about the hotel, the staff does just enough, but nothing more. It would be great hotel, but it is a Ritz and one expects a bit more from that brand.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us.
I would love to hear more about your experience and your thoughts about exceeding your expectations.
You can reach me at 202-974-5502.
I hope to hear from you and reviewing the details of your stay in person.
Thank you once again for staying with us and for taking your time to provide candid feedback.
warmly,

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Very beautiful place.
For the many Ritz that I have stayed at, not 100% the Ritz quality. Remote in room didn't work. Towels were stained in bathroom. And they charged me $70 for parking car overnight with no notification. Front desk told me they would take that off and refund me and they never did. I called back a week later because i still didn't receive my refund and they told me they were not able to refund me the $70. Very unprofessional about something so small. Thanks

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Amir R
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am sorry that you were not informed on the parking charges. We work very hard to ensure these are featured on our website and all booking channels - so I am so sorry that you were not informed of this charge. I am also sorry that the remote wasn't working and the towels were not perfect - this is not acceptable. I would be happy to work with you on resolving this issue and I would welcome the opportuntiy to speak with you in detail about your experience.
As I have a few guests with a similar name / dates of stay - I would ask that you call me directly so that we can resolve your issues. The most important thing is that you are happy!
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Please call me at : 202-974-5502. I look forward to speaking with you.
Warmly,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I thought it was a peaceful and friendly experience. A sierraleonian lady who took my room service requests was particularly nice. The housekeepers too. It just felt quite and peaceful. I asked for an extended checkout at last minute and it was granted.

Room Tip: There was no fabulous view for me... Which was a bit disappointing as I always ask for a view. It wa...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and described your time wth us as
"peaceful" - so many times while travelling that is exactly the experience that one yearns for!

I hope that I will have the pleasure of meeting you on your next visit to Washington DC and I have noted your preference for one of our 22nd or M Street rooms so that you can have a wonderful view of our Westend Neighborhood.

Thank you once again for being our guest. Warmly,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Definitely a nice hotel, but not necessarily a special hotel. Hotel staff are big on the usual platitudes: the typical RC "my pleasure, sir"; "right away, sir". The actual service provided was rather mediocre. 50 minutes for a housekeeping request; 45 minutes for a luggage request. I visited based on expectation of great service and I received great manners in its place. Club lounge was nice, though front desk pulled a little switcheroo. I paid for a club floor suite and they put me in a non-club floor suite with access to the club lounge. Based on the hotel website, suites appear nicer on the club floor. I mentioned this and front desk staff reinforced how nice the room was that they gave me. Oh well...

1  Thank businesstraveler056
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments about your stay.
I am sorry that your requests were not handled properly - this is certainly not the service that The Ritz-Carlton is known for and I certainly apologize for your experience.

Our Club suites are actually located through out the hotel and have access to the club lounge - we only have one club suite located on the club floor itself.

I do hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to Washington DC. Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you personally with your reservations.
Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at this FANTASTIC hotel for 2 nights on our way to SC... My children have Celiac and i had called ahead to mention this to the staff... all i can say is THANK YOU to the entire staff at this amazing hotel for helping us out on our road trip! This Property is in a great location in one of the most beautiful cities!

We will most certainly be back as we did not have enough time in DC... and when we do return my choice of hotels is already made!

A Bientot...

1  Thank mtlfamily4
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely comments about your recent visit.
I look forward to meeting you personally upon your return to DC.
I appreciate your kind words about the team - who have a great passion for hospitality.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and thank you once again for being our guest!
All the Best,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel while doing a college visit with my daughter. It could not have been better. We choose the club level as I wanted the option of a quick breakfast and was pleasantly surprised with the club lounge that offered a choice of food all through the day. Curtis in the club lounge was very helpful and made us feel welcome. I found the entire staff very courteous and offering to help at every turn. We will be back.
For family dinner nearby try Founding Farmers a nice restaurant with locally grown food.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family do the club level you can use the club lounge for a lite breakfast...
1  Thank Robert M