“Great for birthday parties”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Be with Me Playseum DC
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great for birthday parties”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My daughter turned 4 this weekend and we had her party here. I had never been here before and was concerned due to the most recent reviews. My, was I surprised. The place appeared to be as clean as can be expected with little toddlers running around and playing. The party room was much larger than I expected, the kids (ages 3-5) ALL enjoyed themselves, and the staff... They are amazing!. They were all super helpful and nice. My daughter and her friends had an amazing time and enjoyed every room and activity that they participated in.

Visited February 2013

michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Dirty,dirty and dirty!”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

The main question is, the State of Wash D.C do you have a health dept or fire inspections?? This place is in violation of so many things that I am shocked it is allowed to operate.Every room consists of broken toys with sharp edges or missing pieces. Most toys are sticky from layers of ick on them.The dress up costumes are torn and not just dirty, beyond dirty. Never in my lifetime would I allow a child to wear a hat in there.Even the sandbox was terrible. As toys they had sharp shells and the sand was not dust free.The rooms are tiny and crowded, some are very hot, others with nonworking lights(unsafe!).The farm room had carpet with ripples in it so the little ones could trip.The supermarket was a joke-1 broken register,no room to use the carts,food items were dirty and looked like left overs from someones garage sale.My grandson loves art but was not interested in it here. Make a cupcake??Yeah right, like I would eat anything in there. I could go on and on but I think you get my point. I did not see any hand sanitizer anywhere. DON'T GO HERE!!!!!!!!!

Visited October 2012
4 Thank mombeege123
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yuck! Unsafe & Dirty!!”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Yuck! Unsafe! Horrible! The toys were old and dirty, most were broken and none had batteries. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. The rooms are tiny with no space for the kids to actually play. The toys are missing pieces and everything is messy. It looks like they gathered up a bunch of used toys from tag sales and tried to create a theme with them. The costumes are dirty and torn. The market area is full of used containers that are dirty. For example, there was a rinsed out juice container with duck tape on the cap. The container was still wet on the inside. The milk jug had white crusty chunks around the lid. Yuck! The cash register didn’t have batteries or play money. There was 1 bag to use at check-out. It looked like it had been dragged through the mud and left out to dry. Disgusting! There are nails that poke up all over – on the stairs, on the kid’s stage, etc. Very dangerous. The balls are all dirty and a few of them were even wet and sticky. It looks like this place has never been cleaned. The farm room and courtroom smell like dirty diapers because there is a diaper pail nearby and who knows when it was emptied last! There is dust everywhere. They DO have several things to purchase throughout. Those are neatly organized on shelves and most are clean and dusted. The electrical outlets are exposed, except for the one that had an air-freshener plugged in. Don’t waste your time or money on this place.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kelly R
Batavia, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“All day entertainment”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We were visiting my brother for a few days and it was HOT outside and after dragging 2complaining young children through the zoo the day before we decided to stick close to home. I will admit that my brother lives 5 doors down from the playseum so it was ridiculously close. My daughter is 4 and my son is 1.5. I didn't expect my daughter to think much about it since we are members of the sting museum of play in Rochester, NY and go all the time but I was dead wrong. It's $ 6 dollars a head to get in and then some other things like crafts and food crafts cost extra. There is plenty of entertainment without paying extra but I allowed my daughter 5 dollars to spend. There are 23 small rooms that have different themes in each room. most of the rooms in courage imaginative play. We got there at 9 am and left for lunch at 11:30 napped and went back at 2 and stayed till 530 even after playing all day I still had to pry my 4 year old to leave and she wanted to return the next day. It would probably be a huge drag for kids older than 7 but otherwise it's good clean fun. You are allowed to bring your own food and snacks to their snack room which has a microwave plus there are a boat load of restaurants on 8th street.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank kaileen76
Arlington, VA
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a day”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This is the 2nd location of the Be with Me Playseum. Great indoor play space for kids -- has a Dominos Pizza room where kids can take your order on a pretend computer and build and serve you a pretend pizza; the restaurant where kids can make pasta to take come and cook; the bakery where kids can decorate a cupcake or make chocolate chip cookie dough or make a smoothie; and several other rooms with themes. Can't remember them all. Great place to spend a few hours -- or in our case the entire day.

Staff friendly. Place extremely clean. Only downside is street parking -- so you'll have to feed the meter every 2 hours.

Visited August 2011