“Average”

Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Average”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Busy... Busy...waiters barely have the time to take your order. I think I saw only two waiters which I was interesting because there are so many tables.

I had a burger which was average.

I had the sundae which was ok, nothing spectacular.

The bathroom was also pretty yucky. I do no pt think I will do a repeat visit.

• Visited April 2014

Philadelphia, PA
“Overpriced, poor service, nothing like NYC”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were so excited to find a Serendipity 3 in Georgetown. The one in NYC was such a fun experience for our family. Not so here. When our waiter arrived, I asked for the available ice cream flavors (not listed on the menu) and was told chocolate and vanilla and there were absolutely no substitutions for menu items. My daughter asked for a sundae from the menu and was told it wasn't available so she ordered a rootbeer float ($9) and I ordered a butterscotch sundae (vanilla ice cream ONLY...$11). Honestly, I did not mind the price, until they arrived at our table. When they arrived, the sundae was about the size of a happy endings sundae from Friendly's the rootbeer float, even smaller. It was served in what was probably a 12 oz. glass, containing a small scoop of ice cream and was about 1/2 full of rootbeer. After dropping off our desserts, our waiter disappeared until well after we were finished at which time he finally came back around to ask if we needed anything else. A hugely disappointing experience.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank cesejs
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great desserts! - high priced though”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a nice ice cream place that also offers good food. They are known for their frozen hot chocolate but I have the sundae and it was great. You pay for the name - however! The prices are high.

Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
“No wrong choice here!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Brunch with 3 friends was memorable. I had Huevos Rancheros and my mouth is watering now thinking about it. You realy can't go wrong here. Everything we order was good. I can't judge the place for its lunch because we only had weekend breakfast items but it was great. I plan to go back in my next trip to DC. The area where this restaurant is located is great too! lots of stores and things to do around.

• Visited October 2013
Washington, DC
“My first visit to this NYC outpost in DC!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had been wanting to try this restaurant ever since they came to DC sometime ago. First, they're located on the main intersection of the famous Georgetown neighborhood of Wash. DC, in what was formerly Nathan's Restaurant, a Georgetown institution that served the area for about 40 years. I had heard that their grilled cheese sandwiches are great (memories of my childhood). Consequently, I ordered the grilled cheese sandwich with bacon and tomato. It came on delicious golden grilled bread with three slices and a mixture of cheeses. It was delicious and I opted for sweet potato fries which I love and theirs are great. For dessert, being the carrot cake lover that I am, I ordered their Heavenly Carrot Cake. It was very disappointing so I wouldn't order it again. Even though many of their reviews on Tripadvisor are mixed, I really enjoyed my grilled cheese sandwich and sweet potato fries. I don't think that it's overpriced for Georgetown because rents are not cheap there. My bill was about $23.

• Visited March 2014