“Soggy and Over Priced”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I would like to say we enjoyed this visit as much as we have in the past, but we cannot. The onion ring appetizer was hot, but soggy. The french fries were cold and limp. As for the value, too much for too little. If you really want to feed a family of four for a reasonable amount, order the foot long hot dog and ask for an extra bun. For some reason a foot long comes with TWO foot long hot dogs in the same bun. If I ever go back, I will cut the hot dogs in half and enjoy a meal for a family of four. (Minus the fries and onion rings of course.)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife saw Serendipity 3 on our way to another restaurant and wanted to go here, saying she had been to the one in NYC and it was great. So....happy wife, happy life, right? Well, she apologized afterward, as this was as average a meal as we had in our 4 days in DC. We went for late lunch on a Monday and found the place empty. The host/waiter was very nice and funny. We ordered the (full meal) nachos, crab cake sandwiches, cheeseburger and an omelet. No complaints about the food, in general, just...the place didn't wow us. The bill came to about $90, which seemed fine, I guess. I don't really have anything negative to say, except I found the price of $17 for a crab cake sandwich and $13 for an omelet to be high. I will counter this by saying that the waiter did make an ingredient change to the menu listed omelet to suit my son's request, but despite going from 3 added ingredients to two, the price remained the same. It's nitpicking, I know, but a quality review should have what we liked most and least, right? I can't comment first hand on the NYC location, so perhaps this place is on the way up? Our

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Busy... Busy...waiters barely have the time to take your order. I think I saw only two waiters which I was interesting because there are so many tables.

I had a burger which was average.

I had the sundae which was ok, nothing spectacular.

The bathroom was also pretty yucky. I do no pt think I will do a repeat visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were so excited to find a Serendipity 3 in Georgetown. The one in NYC was such a fun experience for our family. Not so here. When our waiter arrived, I asked for the available ice cream flavors (not listed on the menu) and was told chocolate and vanilla and there were absolutely no substitutions for menu items. My daughter asked for a sundae from the menu and was told it wasn't available so she ordered a rootbeer float ($9) and I ordered a butterscotch sundae (vanilla ice cream ONLY...$11). Honestly, I did not mind the price, until they arrived at our table. When they arrived, the sundae was about the size of a happy endings sundae from Friendly's the rootbeer float, even smaller. It was served in what was probably a 12 oz. glass, containing a small scoop of ice cream and was about 1/2 full of rootbeer. After dropping off our desserts, our waiter disappeared until well after we were finished at which time he finally came back around to ask if we needed anything else. A hugely disappointing experience.

1  Thank cesejs
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a nice ice cream place that also offers good food. They are known for their frozen hot chocolate but I have the sundae and it was great. You pay for the name - however! The prices are high.